Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #1801
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
depends on what the hacks are.
You can easily comment out items from running in the .author file, but any modifications that change system files like superpatch for example, require restoring the unmodified tivoapp file back to /tvbin

thanks Gunny,
I just did the uninstall and reinstall of the scripts, rather than messing with the author file incase I messed that up
YOU AND RUSS DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE ZIPPER AND THE ENHANCEMENT SCRIPTS, I WANT TO THANK YOU 2 FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND TIME AND EFFORT FOR DEVELOPING THEM
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #1802
cwbyski

series 1

will this work on a sony svr2000 standalone series 1
cwbyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #1803
Carlton Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbyski
will this work on a sony svr2000 standalone series 1
?

No.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:58 PM   #1804
joevv

The Enhancement Script

my system is a DTV HDVR2 software ver. 4.0.1-01-2-140
HMO is enabled and working

I've tried to run the script but this is as far as it gets:

(none):/tivo-bin$ sh tweak.sh

Enhancements directory detected. You must uninstall the previous version
of Enhancements before you install this one.
Would you like to uninstall the previous version now? [y/n]: y

Uninstall successful. Proceeding with main script...

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
Connecting to ***.mastersav.***69.90.236.30]:80
rbautch_files.tgz 100% |*****************************| 956 --:-- ETA
Downloaded main scripts successfully!

Running rbautch Hacked Tivo Enhancements...

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Unable to untar files archive. Could be a failed download.
Adjusting your DNS settings. Please run tweak.sh again. Exiting...
joevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #1805
rbautch
User

It's probably the version of tar that you're using. I compiled one here for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #1806
joevv

The Enhancement Script

I've tried the tar version from your site but still get the same error.

I don't think my tivo is actually d/l from the net for some reason.

Can I just download the file and then send it to the tivo?

ok i've d/l rbautch_files.tgz manually and send it to the tivo

dir enhancements then I'll run "sh start.sh"

let you know if that works.

Last edited by joevv : 10-13-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #1807
joevv

The Enhancement Script

The problem I was having first was the tivo not d/l from the net even tho it reported d/l successful.

I d/l the file manually and send it to the tivo and ran start.sh
answered all the y/n and it seemed to complete fine.

rebooted the tivo when prompted

almost there screen was not changed even tho I answered yes

and now I have no telnet , ftp or "h**p" access to the tivo.

looks like ill have to pull the drive since I don't have a serial cable

tivo gets an IP from the router and all so I don't think its the drivers
I guess the servers just did not start up after reboot

Last edited by joevv : 10-13-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #1808
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

Hi, I have 5 successfully Zippered DSR7000s running in my house. Yesterday I found one of them locked up (the regular occasional issue) and upon rebooting everything seemed fine, except for it can't transfer shows from other tivos now. When browsing to the other TiVos it will allow me to select a show to transfer, but it will always give the "Will Get Later" message as if it is currently in the process of transfering a show, but it is not. I don't know what has happened. Maybe it crashed while transfering a show and the ToDo is stuck in it somewhere? Maybe it is continuing to try to get a show that no longer exists from another TiVo? I don't know. I can transfer show off of the TiVo in question.

I can't seem to find anything in the TWP ToDo list or in the Logs that would make me suspicious. Any thoughts??
PrimeRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #1809
katiebear00

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevv
I've tried the tar version from your site but still get the same error.

I don't think my tivo is actually d/l from the net for some reason.

Can I just download the file and then send it to the tivo?

ok i've d/l rbautch_files.tgz manually and send it to the tivo

dir enhancements then I'll run "sh start.sh"

let you know if that works.
If you need to try this again, but the tgz archive in the same place as tweak.sh, and run tweak.sh instead of start.sh. It's tweak.sh that actually decompresses the archive.
katiebear00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 PM   #1810
katiebear00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeRisk
Hi, I have 5 successfully Zippered DSR7000s running in my house. Yesterday I found one of them locked up (the regular occasional issue) and upon rebooting everything seemed fine, except for it can't transfer shows from other tivos now. When browsing to the other TiVos it will allow me to select a show to transfer, but it will always give the "Will Get Later" message as if it is currently in the process of transfering a show, but it is not. I don't know what has happened. Maybe it crashed while transfering a show and the ToDo is stuck in it somewhere? Maybe it is continuing to try to get a show that no longer exists from another TiVo? I don't know. I can transfer show off of the TiVo in question.

I can't seem to find anything in the TWP ToDo list or in the Logs that would make me suspicious. Any thoughts??
This has happend to me before on failed transfers. A reboot usually fixes it. If not, try to find the last show you transferred and delete it.
katiebear00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #1811
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear00
This has happend to me before on failed transfers. A reboot usually fixes it. If not, try to find the last show you transferred and delete it.
Thanks for the suggestion...

I've rebooted the TiVo a number of times to no avail. I'm not sure what the last transfered file is. This tivo has a 250GB drive in it and has almost 300 shows on it. I'm not sure if I can find what may have failed in transfer.
PrimeRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #1812
joevv

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear00
If you need to try this again, but the tgz archive in the same place as tweak.sh, and run tweak.sh instead of start.sh. It's tweak.sh that actually decompresses the archive.
ran the script again this time as you suggested but after a reboot i have no connectivity with the tivo at all.
I wonder why telnet and ftp does not start after a reboot

BTW I am using a wireless adapter but I don't think that's a problem since HMO still works fine.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #1813
rbautch
User

Do you have a firewall on your PC?

or

Old 10-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #1814
joevv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Do you have a firewall on your PC?
No I don't have a firewall on the pc. I could telnet the tivo before running script.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:52 AM   #1815
joevv

I decided to upgrade to 6.2 and use the zipper .after that it ran the enhancements script without a glitch.

setting up wireless networking using the zipper is a breeze. works right out of the box

thanks guys!

I noticed tivowebplus is not the current version. Can I upgrade without loosing any custom features?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #1816
Markman07

There is a 1.4 BETA version of Tivowebplus. It changes every day or two it seems so I am guessing it won't be included in the Zipper or part of the Script until it is out of beta.

Inventory to Follow....

1 HR10-250 (Zippered - Thanks Gunny)
2 Directivo Series 2 (Zippered - Hey Gunny...Thanks)
1 HR20 - Like it but locks up too much)
Score Tivo 3 - Other HD DVR 1
Markman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 PM   #1817
tk_kat

Now Playing List Slow

Hi - Love the hack - everything works great, except for one minor problem.

When I deleted a program in the Now Playing List, or left arrow out of a sub-folder, all the shows disappear for 20-60 seconds. They eventually come back, but it is rather frustrating.

I searched the threads, but couldn't find anything on how to solve. Is there a log file or something that needs to be cleared?

Thanks,

Kat
tk_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:15 PM   #1818
Finnstang
King of the North

Search for "empty npl"
You are a genius, Finn! - Tracy
Finnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:23 PM   #1819
joevv

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk_kat
Hi - Love the hack - everything works great, except for one minor problem.

When I deleted a program in the Now Playing List, or left arrow out of a sub-folder, all the shows disappear for 20-60 seconds. They eventually come back, but it is rather frustrating.

I searched the threads, but couldn't find anything on how to solve. Is there a log file or something that needs to be cleared?

Thanks,

Kat
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post3628750
Old 10-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #1820
1guido

enhancements

I keep getting a message that enhancments already exists do i want to delete... when i say yes nothing happens,,,, there is no uninstall script and i can manually delete it with ftp?? any ideas?

Thanks
1guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:37 PM   #1821
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guido
I keep getting a message that enhancments already exists do i want to delete... when i say yes nothing happens,,,, there is no uninstall script and i can manually delete it with ftp?? any ideas?

Thanks
If you are using the standard dos command prompt from Windows, run this on your PC to make sure your terminal settings are correct. If that doesn't help, you can also grab an uninstall script from the Zipper download.

or

Old 10-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #1822
bnm81002

Russ,
I zippered my DTivo a couple weeks ago and answered no to the Showcases and Yellow Stars questions, the Yellow Stars have since been removed but the Showcases are still there in the Directv Central menu, what can I do to have it removed please?
PS-my other DTivo doesn't have either Showcases and Yellow Stars

also, I saw that you edited the enhancement scripts on 10-20-06 at 5:22 PM, what was edited or changed? thanks
Old 10-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #1823
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Showcases will give you the NFL Sunday Ticket downloads, so you may wish to keep them. Just a thought.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #1824
raddison1971

Zipper Question

I just ran the 1st step of the Zipper program. Basically I used the boot disk to put the PTV Image on the disk. When I was asked where the drive was located I put in the correct location (hda). My question about that is what about the second drive in hdb? Will it see both of them?

Second question is after installing the image I am not able to locate the Tivo on the network. Is this normal? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks. Robert
raddison1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:51 PM   #1825
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddison1971
I just ran the 1st step of the Zipper program. Basically I used the boot disk to put the PTV Image on the disk. When I was asked where the drive was located I put in the correct location (hda). My question about that is what about the second drive in hdb? Will it see both of them?

Second question is after installing the image I am not able to locate the Tivo on the network. Is this normal? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks. Robert
If you used instantcake to apply an image to both drives, boot them up first to make sure everything works. Then run the zipper on the master drive only. After you put the drive in your tivo, try to ping the IP address you entered while running the zipper.

or

Old 10-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #1826
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnm81002
Russ,
I zippered my DTivo a couple weeks ago and answered no to the Showcases and Yellow Stars questions, the Yellow Stars have since been removed but the Showcases are still there in the Directv Central menu, what can I do to have it removed please?
PS-my other DTivo doesn't have either Showcases and Yellow Stars

also, I saw that you edited the enhancement scripts on 10-20-06 at 5:22 PM, what was edited or changed? thanks
Rather than try to block showcase tokens, I'm going to use tuikhelper to actually remove it from the menu. This should be a more definitive way to remove them.

or

Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #1827
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Rather than try to block showcase tokens, I'm going to use tuikhelper to actually remove it from the menu. This should be a more definitive way to remove them.

that sounds like a much better way to have it removed, I be on the lookout for the new update of your scripts when you make it official with it
Old 10-29-2006, 12:45 AM   #1828
raddison1971

A weird one

Okay I got past all of that. I was able to use the PTV Upgrade then Zipper. Once I installed all the hacks, I was in TWP successfully ran a restore of my season passes then tried running a backup. I got the following error and my Tivo rebooted at the same time.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_backup_create_write '' 'set "fname" "/tivowebplus/backups/20061029_settings";set "submit" "Create";'
no such object: CONFLICT err=0x30007
while executing
"dbobj $sub fsid"
(procedure "construct_record_content" line 19)
invoked from within
"construct_record_content $sp $fields"
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $seasonpassdir "" 20 {
set sp [db $db openid $fsid]
set fields [dbobj $sp attrs]
set content [construct..."
(procedure "take_snapshot_sp" line 9)
invoked from within
"take_snapshot_sp 1 1"
(procedure "take_snapshot_for_backup" line 4)
invoked from within
"take_snapshot_for_backup"
(procedure "create_backup" line 18)
invoked from within
"create_backup $chan $fname"
(procedure "::action_backup_create_write" line 9)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Any Ideas?

Also what else will I need to do to extr*t shows? I know that the Zipper decryps them but do I just FTP them down?

I am hoping to "fully" hack this Tivo then use slicer to upgrade to 6.3a. Will running a "Clear and Delete Everything" have any affect on these hacks?

Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #1829
raddison1971

Fake Call

It seems that Fake call is not working. I saw the message pop up on the screen saying that fake call was made successfully but I still got a message saying that I need to make a call soon. Any ideas?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #1830
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddison1971
It seems that Fake call is not working. I saw the message pop up on the screen saying that fake call was made successfully but I still got a message saying that I need to make a call soon. Any ideas?
Fakecall doesn't "take" until the box reboots. To verify what I said take a look at settings, phone and see when it says the last successful phone call was made. I'll bet it doesn't reflect the fakecall that just occurred. Rest easy, your box will reboot in the wee hours tonight and it should "take".
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote