TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #1771
mikellanes

Hey thanks for the help with the USB drivers!

Is there an easy way to updated the drivers to the latest/greatest version?

I am running TiVo software 6.2 on an HDVR2.

I am using FA120 ethernet adapters.

I see some people pulling 3000K with these and I tried the tweak

"/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/usbcore.o log2_irq_thresh=4" inside a "test.conf" file in the root.

Seems to get me to about 1,300 K uploading and 1,500K downloading.
mikellanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #1772
rbautch
User

That technique is old. You already have the latest drivers. To get the most out of them, there a number of you can do, including using a custom kernel. Search DDB for "soapbox derby".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #1773
mikellanes

The threshold technique is old? is it useless then?

I found the thread and will read up on the other tricks, perhaps I should have done the reading before posting, hah thanks for the direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
That technique is old. You already have the latest drivers. To get the most out of them, there a number of you can do, including using a custom kernel. Search DDB for "soapbox derby".

mikellanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #1774
mfryd

Quote:
If you run the zipper, but don't run tweak.sh right away, any shows you record in the interim experience this problem unless you answer yes when the zipper asks you "Are there existing recordings on your drive you want to keep? " Sounds like you transferred some shows that were encrypted, meaning they were recorded before you ran tweak.sh. Those programs will only play on the tivo they were recorded on.

The uninstall script doesn't modify network settings.
I installed via the zipper and asked it to keep my old shows. Everything seemed to work fine. I could watch old (recorded pre-zipper) shows and even transfer old shows from other tivos. I used TivoWeb to update my network settings.

When I upgraded to the new version, tweak reverted me to the network settings I used with zipper, It threw away the currently working settings.

It also seems to have undone the zipper magic that allowed me to watch old shows. They no longer play. If I use MRV to watch an old show from another Tivo, it works, but the show ceases to be playable after a few days.

I suspect that I can remove the drive from the Tivo, and rerun Zipper to fix this, but I know longer have easy access to a PC. Is there a way of re-enabling the old shows without having to physically remove the drive? I now have full network access so can telnet/ftp as needed.
mfryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #1775
spainmiami

rbautch,

I'm trying to use the "Update the TWP software" feature in the TWP v1.3.0 (oztivo-060821)

However, i'm getting "extract.sh: Could not locate the TivoWebPlus directory child process exited abnormally" error message.

Is this happening cause of the stated reason that Tivo tends to use the "var" as a recycle bin and the enhancement script placed elsewhere, thus the reason for the script "Check if var got wiped, and if so, rebuild symlinks from /enhancements/varhacks"?

That "Update the TWP software" feature seems like such a end-user friendly idea. Any suggestions?
spainmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #1776
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spainmiami
rbautch,

I'm trying to use the "Update the TWP software" feature in the TWP v1.3.0 (oztivo-060821)

However, i'm getting "extract.sh: Could not locate the TivoWebPlus directory child process exited abnormally" error message.
I will pass along some suggestions rbautch gave me recently:
Quote:
Is this happening cause of the stated reason that Tivo tends to use the "var" as a recycle bin and the enhancement script placed elsewhere, thus the reason for the script "Check if var got wiped, and if so, rebuild symlinks from /enhancements/varhacks"?
I think so.
Quote:
That "Update the TWP software" feature seems like such a end-user friendly idea. Any suggestions?
Unpack the file on your pc, rename it to tivowebplus (all lower case) then ftp the entire directory (and its contents) to / (root, assuming that is where twp is now. this will over-write the previous install). I just did this and worked great. You could even copy the hackman files (read the instructions first) to the proper folders then ftp everything at one time.
HR21-700, HR21-100

Last edited by SteelersFan : 10-02-2006 at 10:09 AM.
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #1777
spainmiami

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
I will pass along some suggestions rbautch gave me recently:

I think so.

Unpack the file on your pc, rename it to tivowebplus (all lower case) then ftp the entire directory (and its contents) to / (root, assuming that is where twp is now. this will over-write the previous install). I just did this and worked great. You could even copy the hackman files (read the instructions first) to the proper folders then ftp everything at one time.
I appreciate that.

I C.
In addition to hackman I've got an xbox ccxstream script to work. And, hopefully I can get the bufferhack4.1 set at 2 hours of buffer, to work. I hope all this is similar to xbox hacking, where u basically have to make a backup, while ftp and b4 u reboot.

lol, actually i've already had it where I couldn't ftp or telnet , just ping. I'm trying to prevent that from happening again.
spainmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #1778
rbautch
User

Quote:

I put TWP in a folder called "tivowebplus", not "TivoWebPlus". Try renaming the directory and see if that helps. You'll also have to edit your author file with the name change if you want TWP to start automatically when you boot.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #1779
wmldwilly

Quote:
I put TWP in a folder called "tivowebplus", not "TivoWebPlus". Try renaming the directory and see if that helps. You'll also have to edit your author file with the name change if you want TWP to start automatically when you boot.
I *just* figured out that I have the same problem. RB's enhancements installs TWP in "tivowebplus", and the TWP people appear to be looking for "TivoWebPlus". Remember y'all...*nix is cAsE senSitiVe.

Does this mean there's a tweak.sh script update coming to get on the same page as the TWP people with respect to superflerous (sp?) capitals in thEir dIreCtorY nAMeS?

wm
wmldwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #1780
wmldwilly

Okay wait a dad-gummit minute.

Ya say renaming the tivowebplus directory to TivoWebPlus (i.e. bash# mv tivowebplus TivoWebPlus) should do the trick...then edit one's rc.sysinit.author file, right? Looking in my author file, rc.sysinit.author doesn't actually run TWP as such, it calls /enhancements/TWPrun.sh, and *that* runs /tivowebplus/tivoweb. and I see that the closely related TWPrestart.sh and TWPrunc.sh (are these used by TWP itself for restarts???) are also looking for /tivowebplus/*. Sooooo the obvious question is shouldn't we be changing tivowebplus to TivoWebPlus in all of these other shell scripts and not in our rc.sysinit.author files? Wouldn't it be easier to establish an alias from tivowebplus --> TivoWebPlus or something like that? I personally want to get TWP 1.3.1 on there via it's own update mechanism to avoid any wierdness since I *just* got everything working and TWP has definitely coughed up a few hairballs at me in the past 12 hours (which I've posted in the appropriate forum somewhere-or-other...) including causing reboots and whatnot.

Eeeeek...this is where us new guys get lost.
wmldwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #1781
rbautch
User

The TWP startup script is clunky, and I'll eventually remove it in favor of direct startup commands in the author file. The original intent was to search your Tivo for the TWP installation (could be anywhere), and then create a startup script that gets called from the author file. The TWP scripts are also used for aliases in the .profile, and for restarting TWP from the bash prompt. The path of least resistance for inexperienced users is to extract the TWP archive on their PC, rename the main folder to "tivowebplus", and then copy it over. Otherwise, stick with the TWP version in my archive. It's customized quite a bit (see OP), includes extra modules, and I update it regularly.

Last edited by rbautch : 10-03-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #1782
jmasterman

I uninstalled the enhancement script and then installed the latest. I get this error when I try "To Do" from the UI:
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
couldn't open "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt": read-only file system
while executing
"open $filename w"
(procedure "gbl_load" line 3)
invoked from within
"gbl_load "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt""
(procedure "action_todo" line 9)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 28)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Any suggestions?
jmasterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #1783
Brillian1080p

Same thing happened here. The newer ui.itcl file in the module directory of TWP doesn't play nice. Toward the beginning of this thread a fixed version was posted. It didn't work for me and I ended up replacing it with an older version.
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #1784
jmasterman

In the tivowebplus folder I have ui.itcl 9/15/2006 and ui.itcl.orig 8/21/2006.
I thought I would rename the new one and remove the .orig from the old. However, I get a Read only file system message.
Sorry its a noob question...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #1785
Brillian1080p

In the Enhancement script readme there are directions on how to mount as read/write. Unless I use something on a regular basis it falls out of my head.
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #1786
jmasterman

I found it. Type rw at a bash prompt. ;-)

Once I did that, the new ui.itcl worked so I didn't need to change to the old one.

Is it OK to leave the system like this?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #1787
GAM
Niiiice!

Does/can TWP 1.3.1 use folders when displaying the now showing titles?
If so, is it enabled by default or is it something that needs to be added?
GAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #1788
jmasterman

No folders on mine nor do I see that option.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #1789
rbautch
User

No, it doesn't use folders, but I think there's a ui module (by LJ?) that will.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #1790
GAM
Niiiice!

This is listed at the beginning of the thread: - Custom ui.itcl module (create and manipulate folders in NPL): courtesy of lgkahn.

What does it mean in terms of folders?

Thanks!
GAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #1791
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasterman
I found it. Type rw at a bash prompt. ;-)

Once I did that, the new ui.itcl worked so I didn't need to change to the old one.

Is it OK to leave the system like this?
type ro to change it back to read-only.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #1792
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
No, it doesn't use folders, but I think there's a ui module (by LJ?) that will.
Yep: Discussion here:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=96570

Download here:
http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/tivoweb.html
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #1793
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM
This is listed at the beginning of the thread: - Custom ui.itcl module (create and manipulate folders in NPL): courtesy of lgkahn.

What does it mean in terms of folders?

Thanks!
Look at posts 1652, 1658, and 1670 of this thread for more info.
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:37 AM   #1794
shortkud

Quote:
The TWP startup script is clunky, and I'll eventually remove it in favor of direct startup commands in the author file. The original intent was to search your Tivo for the TWP installation (could be anywhere), and then create a startup script that gets called from the author file. The TWP scripts are also used for aliases in the .profile, and for restarting TWP from the bash prompt. The path of least resistance for inexperienced users is to extract the TWP archive on their PC, rename the main folder to "tivowebplus", and then copy it over. Otherwise, stick with the TWP version in my archive. It's customized quite a bit (see OP), includes extra modules, and I update it regularly.
Is there any kind of notification when you do update it?
shortkud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #1795
kimsan
underling

Oddity in TWP with HR10-250

Hey Russ,

Recently Un-Zppered (Jan 06 version) and Re-Zippered (2.0) to bring my units up to date. I like the changes made and the fact the EXTra ACTivites under "more" work fine now. Unfortunately the "edit" function seems to be broken on this build. Fails with:
Quote:
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_saveprogram '' 'set "objectid" "1017497";set "expsecs" "2147472000";set "expdate" "24855";set "title" "The Lake House";set "origtitle" "The Lake House.ty";set "origmanrec" "0";set "origisepisode" "0";set "origismovie" "0";set "manrec" "0";set "isepisode" "0";set "ismovie" "0";set "eptitle" "";set "movieyear" "";set "episodenum" "";set "altepisodenum" "";set "description" "";set "origairdate" "10/5/2006";set "showingdate" " 5 Oct 2006";set "sul" "2147472000";set "actorstr" "";set "gueststarstr" "";set "directorstr" "";set "execproducerstr" "";set "producerstr" "";set "writerstr" "";set "mpaarating" "";set "tvrating" "";set "grouptitle" "";set "groupwith" "";set "Save" "Save";'
expected integer but got ""
while executing
"db $db openid $groupwith"
("uplevel" body line 66)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set rec [db $db openid $id]
set showing [dbobj $rec get Showing]
set program [dbobj $showing get Program]

# set act..."
(procedure "updaterec" line 4)
invoked from within
"updaterec $objectid $title $eptitle $description $sul $newseltype $actorstr $gueststarstr $directorstr $execproducerstr $producerstr $writerstr $origa..."
(procedure "::action_saveprogram" line 16)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--
Any suggestions?

TIA

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #1796
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortkud
Is there any kind of notification when you do update it?
I always post updates in this thread.

or

Old 10-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #1797
jaxgent

Program not showing up

How long after a re-image and zipper install does it take for programs to show.? Its been about about 7 hrs now since I successfully completed the above , however one of my favorite programs from the SciFi channel will not show up in pick programs to record so that I might obtain a season pass. I did do a work around, should it not be there?
Old 10-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #1798
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxgent
How long after a re-image and zipper install does it take for programs to show.? Its been about about 7 hrs now since I successfully completed the above , however one of my favorite programs from the SciFi channel will not show up in pick programs to record so that I might obtain a season pass. I did do a work around, should it not be there?
It might take a day or so for all program data to show up.

or

Old 10-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #1799
bnm81002

Russ or anyone,
I want to remove some hacks, can I do it without having to uninstall the scripts then reinstall the ones that I want? can I just manually remove the ones that I don't want? thanks
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #1800
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

depends on what the hacks are.
You can easily comment out items from running in the .author file, but any modifications that change system files like superpatch for example, require restoring the unmodified tivoapp file back to /tvbin