TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #1741
Skippy

Using the latest set of scripts, I've been unable to get the merge module for TWP working. If I try to use the Up/Down buttons to rearrange the episodes, I get an "Error on Page" in the Explorer Status Bar.

Has anyone gotten this working?

-- Skip
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #1742
None2one

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
If you want a wired/bridged connection, then you will not use wireless settings inside the tivo. The tivo and the script will think you have a wired connection and install the drivers.

I know. The problem was that i already installed the script with the wireless settings. And I could not get the script to installed the drivers. I was not sure how to remove the wireless setting so the script will intstall the drivers. But this is a moot point now, because I thought I figured it out but instead I lost all my IP settings. I have to the serial bash into the box, but just realized my laptop does not have a serial port

Do you think for future editions of the script you can ask if the USB drivers want to be installed. I think it did in previous versions.
None2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #1743
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy
Using the latest set of scripts, I've been unable to get the merge module for TWP working. If I try to use the Up/Down buttons to rearrange the episodes, I get an "Error on Page" in the Explorer Status Bar.

Has anyone gotten this working?

-- Skip
Nope. Merge doesn't work with the latest version of TWP. You might post this comment in the merge thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:37 PM   #1744
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Now you see why I just sit back and read and wait to do anything new.
To me that is one of the primary reasons to have TWP. Some of the new enhancements with the new version don't have any appeal for me.

Not that there is anything wrong with it, just trying to justify my lurking and reticence about being an early adopter, and tester of new features.
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #1745
rbautch
User

Version 4.1 Release

Made a few minor mods:
1. Modified tweak.sh to run uninstall script automatically if existing installation is found. New file attached to the original post of this thread.
2. Include delmanual in /enhancements directory. Deletes the “manual tag” from manual recordings.
3. Apply new version of lgkahn's ui.itcl module fixed to work with TWP 1.3.0.

or

Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 PM   #1746
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willardcpa
Now you see why I just sit back and read and wait to do anything new.
Yep, keep hanging on to your 286...PC prices just keep falling!

or

Old 09-21-2006, 12:04 AM   #1747
Brillian1080p

Rbautch, did you mean 1.4 instead of 4.1?
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:07 AM   #1748
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
Yep, keep hanging on to your 286...PC prices just keep falling!
Damn, found me out. But I am banging away on a 550mhz six-seven year old compaq right now. I've got three other machines that are less than two years old, but prefer to use this one. Got a 3.0 ghz machine that I have had for about a 6-7 months in another room, but prefer to use this one. The wife keeps hounding me to set it up where it is more accessible. Had the DTivo 10-250 for about six months before I got it set up (didn't have an HD TV for that long).
But I keep reading and tweaking, just tonight went into out2osd.conf and tweaked the line settings on two of my boxes to get the caller ID to not cut off on the top.
I read everything on Lou's remote access setup. Then researched back about using dyndns to accomplish essentially the same thing, I had followed it a year plus ago when it first hit, but "held off". Ended up going with the dyndns route. But not before having to replace my qwest DSL modem.

But I am indebted to you and Gunny for all of the help you provide us here. Thanks.
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:58 AM   #1749
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillian1080p
Rbautch, did you mean 1.4 instead of 4.1?
No. The Enhancement script version is up to 4.1 now. The Zipper version is at 1.7 (2.0 is at beta).
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #1750
LuckyGreen

No WebRemote?

I just upgraded my HR10-250 to 6.3 using The Slicer 1.3. Worked great. I then upgraded my InstaCake + PTVnet installation using The Enhancement Script to get a newer version of TivoWebPlus. This too worked. I have the new version. However, I am unable to find the Web Remote anywhere in the TWP UI. If I manually visit the old Web Remote URL ending in /sendkey and my browser still shows me the image of a Tivo remote, but clicking on the buttons in the image will trigger the error below. Any idea how to get the web remote back?

Thanks in advance,
--Lucky
----
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_sendkey '/guide' ''
couldn't execute "/devbin/sendkey": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey -wait -waitTimeOut 2500 $evrc($key)"
(procedure "SendKey" line 8)
invoked from within
"SendKey $key"
(procedure "::action_sendkey" line 17)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--
LuckyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:50 PM   #1751
rbautch
User

Sendkey doesn't work with 6.2 and I doubt it works with 6.3.

or

Old 09-22-2006, 10:47 PM   #1752
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Hey Russ,
I just ran the new tweak on a previously zippered unit. You know, the tweak in the first post. (that one's for LV ) I saw something I haven't noticed before that I thought I would let you know about. It correctly shows the IP address it finds in MFS then when running Netperf, it incorrectly shows the IP as 127.0.0.1. All hacks are working fine. I'm guessing this a minor thing but it did make me think that someone who is new to this might get confused.
Code:
Checking network settings...
The following IP parameters found in MFS:
   IP address is currently set to: 192.168.1.115
   Default gateway is currently set to: 192.168.1.1
   Subnet Mask is currently set to: 255.255.255.0
   DNS Server is currently set to: 192.168.1.1
   DHCP is off
   NO WIRELESS PARAMETERS ARE SET IN MFS
Do you want to install netperf network performance tool? [y/n] :y
Netperf will measure MRV speed between this tivo and another "target" tivo.

The IP address of this tivo is 127.0.0.1. Enter the IP address of the target tiv
o here: 192.168.1.111

Adding the alias "speed" to your profile to run netperf...

Do you want to add additional target tivos? [y/n]: n
After rebooting, type "speed" at bash to measure MRV speed between 127.0.0.1 and

HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 09-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #1753
rbautch
User

Looks like it incorrectly grabbed the loopback address instead of the real IP. You can ignore it, and it won't have any effect on functionality.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 09-22-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #1754
Brillian1080p

I noticed the same thing, wondered why, but only choice was to continue. Could connect with correct address though and figured it was just a mistake.
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #1755
rbautch
User

Should be fixed now. The last release included a new ifconfig from Jamie, which switches the order of the loopback and actual ip address.

or

Old 09-22-2006, 11:55 PM   #1756
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Looks like it incorrectly grabbed the loopback address instead of the real IP. You can ignore it, and it won't have any effect on functionality.
Yep. That's what I figured. Thanks again.
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 09-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #1757
mfryd

Upgraded and old shows went away

I ran tweak_uninstall.sh and tweak.sh. everything seemed to work OK at the time, however it messed up my network settings and my old shows are no longer viewable!

I originally zippered my tivos (HDVR2s) about a month ago. On some of them I saved the odl shows, on some I wiped the disks and started over. Using MRV, I moved some of the old shows onto the fresh installations.

A few days ago I updated one of the fresh units. Old shows (pre zipper) that had been copied to it, no longer play. They show up on now playing, but when selected I instantly go to the "Are you done with this program screen?". When I select "Don't delete" I get a screen telling me the recorder was not able to record the program because there was no video signal.

Is there any way to reenable these shows? New recordings seem to work perfectly.

The upgrade also messed up my network settings (it's possible I entered an incorrect IP address). However I was able to connect with a serial cable and fix the IP address.

Thanks
Michael
mfryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #1758
xtian

I'm experiencing a few problems:

I performed an unistall and a reinstall in order to get the latest version of the script and TWP. After lots of trial and error and many reboots, it appears that when I enable CRON during the script and then reboot I get to the acquiring sat. page and reach 59% then the tivo crashes and reboots. In the small window of time that I can telnet into the box before it crahses again I have been able to run the unistall script. It is up and running now, but with no CRON enabled.

TWP is up and running but I see no hackman installed. Was that eliminated from the most recent script for a reason?

Finally I can't get NCID to work. Previously I was using elseed and it worked great, but now nothing. Any ideas why?

Thanks!
-christian
xtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #1759
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfryd
I ran tweak_uninstall.sh and tweak.sh. everything seemed to work OK at the time, however it messed up my network settings and my old shows are no longer viewable!

I originally zippered my tivos (HDVR2s) about a month ago. On some of them I saved the odl shows, on some I wiped the disks and started over. Using MRV, I moved some of the old shows onto the fresh installations.

A few days ago I updated one of the fresh units. Old shows (pre zipper) that had been copied to it, no longer play. They show up on now playing, but when selected I instantly go to the "Are you done with this program screen?". When I select "Don't delete" I get a screen telling me the recorder was not able to record the program because there was no video signal.

Is there any way to reenable these shows? New recordings seem to work perfectly.

The upgrade also messed up my network settings (it's possible I entered an incorrect IP address). However I was able to connect with a serial cable and fix the IP address.

Thanks
Michael
If you run the zipper, but don't run tweak.sh right away, any shows you record in the interim experience this problem unless you answer yes when the zipper asks you "Are there existing recordings on your drive you want to keep? " Sounds like you transferred some shows that were encrypted, meaning they were recorded before you ran tweak.sh. Those programs will only play on the tivo they were recorded on.

The uninstall script doesn't modify network settings.

or

Old 09-29-2006, 12:04 AM   #1760
MisterEd
Very Large Member

What is the status of the script (not Zipper) with 6.3(a) for the HR10-250? I read back 3+ weeks and didn't see it mentioned and it isn't mentioned in the OP.
MisterEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #1761
Finnstang
King of the North

rbautch has said in the Hacking to 6.3 thread that it will be probably a couple months to make sure everything with 6.3x is stable and D* stops releasing patches for it.
You are a genius, Finn! - Tracy
Finnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #1762
mikellanes

I previously had a wireless network setup, how can i remove any traces of wirelss so the script asks me to install the usb 2.0 drivers (my wired adapter is 2.0)? I can't seem to get it to ask me to install them?
mikellanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #1763
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd
What is the status of the script (not Zipper) with 6.3(a) for the HR10-250? I read back 3+ weeks and didn't see it mentioned and it isn't mentioned in the OP.
The Enhancement Script (not Zipper) *should* work fine with 6.3 software, although I haven't tested every feature. If you have a decent idea what you're doing, feel free to try it and report your results.

or

Old 09-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #1764
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikellanes
I previously had a wireless network setup, how can i remove any traces of wirelss so the script asks me to install the usb 2.0 drivers (my wired adapter is 2.0)? I can't seem to get it to ask me to install them?
Run network-delete.tcl, followed by the net-launch.sh script.

or

Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #1765
mikellanes

Quote:
Run network-delete.tcl, followed by the net-launch.sh script.
Thanks, that removed it and re-setup my network, upon running the tweak.sh script it told me no wireless settings were in the mfs but never asked to install the USB drivers? now what?
Old 09-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #1766
rbautch
User

It might think the Zipper already installed the drivers for you. If you have a /zipperusb_flag, delete it, then run tweak.sh again. Also delete /enhancements/wireless_flag if its still there.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #1767
mikellanes

I don't have either of those as far as I can see

Last edited by mikellanes : 09-29-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #1768
mikellanes

Well, after many different tries, everything besides totally re-doing the zipper, I decided to dig into the tweak.sh file and finally un-archived the "rbautch_files" dir and ran start.sh, it finally asked for the drivers and looked like it did them properly!

Last edited by mikellanes : 09-29-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #1769
rbautch
User

tweak.sh is only a short wrapper script that checks a few things, and then launches the main script called start.sh. So it sounds like you ran the same script twice, but got different results. Please don't recreate any part of the script - much harder to update, support, etc...

or

Old 09-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #1770
mikellanes

Gotcha - I edited that part out, thanks and for some reason that worked on both my tivo's YAY!