Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #1681
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy
"start over"...I hope that means simply rezippering. I'd hate to have to wipe all my recordings...
Yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #1682
Skippy

OK...Thanks. I'm almost good now. I wiped the busybox directory, rezippered, retweaked and have access to my box again with the appropriate tools.

I'm still trying to figure out why my /enhancements/varhacks/mfs_ftp directory keeps getting deleted. It was my understanding that this is the correct place to put /var/hacks, then run the sym-linker then start it fro /var/hacks as one would expect.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, otherwise, I'll keep searching in the other place...

-- Skip
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #1683
rbautch
User

When you run the uninstall script, it completely wipes away /enhancements, and then running tweak.sh builds it again. Since mfs_ftp is not part of the enhancements archive, you'd need to reinstall it.

or

Old 09-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #1684
Aaron451

do these patches work with a cakewalked DTivo?

I have a series 2 RCA DVR40 with 250 gig drive that has been cakewalked. Will these patches work?
Aaron451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #1685
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

And when you do the tweak_uninstall what's considered "best practice"? Remove the "unpatched tivoapp" or leave it alone?
Draven X. Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #1686
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

Last night I told it to keep it. It seemed to work okay - any reason to not keep "keeping" the tivo app as I upgrade my otyher zippered units?
Old 09-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #1687
rbautch
User

It's nice to have a backup tivoapp, just in case something goes wrong someday. Unless you're running out of room in your root filesystem, just keep it. Type "df" at bash to see how much room you have.

or

Old 09-10-2006, 06:38 PM   #1688
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

aah -

okay.

Thanks much RBautch! . . . . .

DXB
Old 09-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #1689
ers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by msommer
I am getting the same errors in the three I upgraded as well.

--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
invalid command name "desc_show"
while executing
"desc_show $hovertext"
("uplevel" body line 139)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $path $prefix 15 {
set rec [db $db openid $fsid]
set manual 0
set suggestion 0
if {$::version >= 3}..."
(procedure "action_todo" line 121)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 28)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--
Anyone know if there is a fix for this ToDo list problem? I've been watching the messages and I haven't seen anything new come through regarding this.

Also, Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use the new "Group Title" & "Group With" fields? I've been trying to group movies into different folders like "Kids Movies" & "Movies" but haven't had much success.

Thanks,

Ed

Last edited by ers26 : 09-11-2006 at 11:31 AM.
ers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #1690
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers26
Anyone know if there is a fix for this ToDo list problem? I've been watching the messages and I haven't seen anything new come through regarding this.

Also, Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use the new "Group Title" & "Group With" fields? I've been trying to group movies into different folders like "Kids Movies" & "Movies" but haven't had much success.
From your second question, it looks like you're using lgkahn's modified ui.itcl module. And I think that might be what's causing the issue with your ToDo list (referenced in your first question.) Try reverting back to the original ui.itcl that comes with TWP 1.3.0 and see if the issue goes away.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #1691
rbautch
User

Fyi, the original ui.itcl is still in the modules directory.

or

Old 09-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #1692
robrtb

Hello,
I put a new image (IC - dsr704) on a 250GB yesterday, zippered, DL'd the latest files (via tivo) and completed.
Now when I try to setup a new season pass via TWP I get this:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_saveseasonpass '' 'set "quality" "100";set "kam" "0";set "showtype" "0";set "keepuntil" "1";set "startearly" "0";set "endlate" "0";set "objectid" "103934/11";set "type" "1";set "seriesfsid" "88715";set "stationfsid" "4925";set "action" "Create";'
can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable
while executing
"event send $TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED $TmkDataChanged::SEASON_PASS $spfsid"
(procedure "::action_saveseasonpass" line 23)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

However, via TWP it looks to have saved the SP and I can edit it but I get another similar error.

BTW - This new TWP is frickin FAST! Thanks rbautch

--BB
robrtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #1693
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

No showcases on an HR10-250

Russ,

When I Zippered and ran tweak on an HR10-250, I made sure I turned ON the Showcases feature; however, whenever I press "showcases" from the menu, I get the message "Showcases are not available at this time. Please try again later."

Is there a way I can check in my TIVO's brain to see if Showcases actually ARE "on" in my TIVO?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #1694
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader
Russ,

When I Zippered and ran tweak on an HR10-250, I made sure I turned ON the Showcases feature; however, whenever I press "showcases" from the menu, I get the message "Showcases are not available at this time. Please try again later."

Is there a way I can check in my TIVO's brain to see if Showcases actually ARE "on" in my TIVO?
In mfs, look at the /State/ServiceConfig/DataGroupIntList object. The tokens in there should be roughly equal to those that are listed in the sc62add.tcl script. The tokens in the script probably have to be updated periodically for it to work properly, and I havent done that. To find out what the current tokens should be, let an unhacked tivo call in, then hack it, then find out what the new tokens are in /State/ServiceConfig/DataGroupIntList.

or

Old 09-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #1695
asatyss

I just ran the uninstall/reinstall routine on my Hughes HDVR2 DirecTivo and have lost connectivity through telnet, etc. From what I have read through searches here it appears that my next best option is to Re-Zipper the drive and try again.

Is this correct?
asatyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #1696
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asatyss
I just ran the uninstall/reinstall routine on my Hughes HDVR2 DirecTivo and have lost connectivity through telnet, etc. From what I have read through searches here it appears that my next best option is to Re-Zipper the drive and try again.

Is this correct?
Not sure why you would lose connectivity, unless you were using a wireless adapter. Unless you have a serial cable to troubleshoot it, yes, your only option is to re-zipper it.

or

Old 09-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #1697
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrtb
can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable
This makes me think that you are running an old version of Tivowebplus. The event system was removed from 6.2, and Tivowebplus was updated to catch these errors if your software is 6.2.

edit: I take it back. I get the same error. There apprears to be some undesired interactions between Lgkhan's ui.itcl module and the rest of TWP.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 09-12-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #1698
Throg
Experimental Member

I just recently found this script and it sounded interesting enough to check it out. All went well, it's pretty cool how the script works. But overnight my USB port seemed to die. It's as if the usb drivers aren't being started. I confirmed this by trying two different USB NICs, one wired one wireless. I have a serial cable but I don't know what to look for. Plus the only editor I have access to is vi and I never really learned it. i'm familiar :q. That's about it. Can anyone help me determine the cause of the loss of USB? Or if that's not it, what happened?

TCD24004A, 370GB, killhdinitrd 3.1.5 kernel
Throg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #1699
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throg
I just recently found this script and it sounded interesting enough to check it out. All went well, it's pretty cool how the script works. But overnight my USB port seemed to die. It's as if the usb drivers aren't being started. I confirmed this by trying two different USB NICs, one wired one wireless. I have a serial cable but I don't know what to look for. Plus the only editor I have access to is vi and I never really learned it. i'm familiar :q. That's about it. Can anyone help me determine the cause of the loss of USB? Or if that's not it, what happened?

TCD24004A, 370GB, killhdinitrd 3.1.5 kernel
What kind of adapter to you have? Are you running DHCP? Did you answer yes to install Jamie's backported USB 2.0 drivers? Over your serial connection, run the script called /enhancements/net-status.tcl, and see if it matches up with what you expect.

or

Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #1700
Throg
Experimental Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
What kind of adapter to you have?
Netgear FA120
Quote:
Are you running DHCP?
No.
Quote:
Did you answer yes to install Jamie's backported USB 2.0 drivers?
Yes.
Quote:
Over your serial connection, run the script called /enhancements/net-status.tcl, and see if it matches up with what you expect.
Yes, it does.
One last thing: I ran the tweak_uninstall.sh to see if restoring the original drivers would make any difference. However, before I did that I copied the contents of the enhancements directory so I'd have those tools available.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #1701
rbautch
User

Check to see if /sbin/dhclient is disabled. Are you loading drivers manually with insmod anywhere?

If it's not any of those things, the most probable cause is that I screwed up the modifications to the /etc/hotplug/usb.map file for standalones. Take a look at the file in vi or joe. The script should have inserted some new entries under the "usbnet" heading to support the latest adapters in Jamie's backport. These include the USB200M, D-link dub-e, etc.. Check to see if the FA120 entry is still there under the proper heading.

or

Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #1702
Throg
Experimental Member

Quote:
Check to see if /sbin/dhclient is disabled. Are you loading drivers manually with insmod anywhere?

If it's not any of those things, the most probable cause is that I screwed up the modifications to the /etc/hotplug/usb.map file for standalones. Take a look at the file in vi or joe. The script should have inserted some new entries under the "usbnet" heading to support the latest adapters in Jamie's backport. These include the USB200M, D-link dub-e, etc.. Check to see if the FA120 entry is still there under the proper heading.
No, I'm not insmod-ing and the FA120 is under wired/device usbnet/AX88172.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #1703
rbautch
User

Quote:
No, I'm not insmod-ing and the FA120 is under wired/device usbnet/AX88172.
Did the uninstall script restore your original usb.map? If there is a usb.map.orig file in the hotplug directory, go ahead and restore it. I assume you are back to stock 6.2 drivers, right? No lights on the adapter, right? Next step, post your serial console output during a boot.

or

Old 09-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #1704
Throg
Experimental Member

Quote:
Did the uninstall script restore your original usb.map? If there is a usb.map.orig file in the hotplug directory, go ahead and restore it. I assume you are back to stock 6.2 drivers, right? No lights on the adapter, right? Next step, post your serial console output during a boot.
It would appear that the tweak.sh script didn't backup usb.map. There is no usb.map.orig file and the usb.map that is there is more than 16 hours old. That's about when I first ran the script. The uninstall script didn't restore my 'almost there' screen either, FYI.
No lights on the adapter, right, Back to stock drivers? Doubtful.
One good thing here is that I have 2 tivos same model (TCD24004A) same software version.
I've attached my serial output but it wasn't formatted correctly for notepad. You'll need to use an ascii editor.
Attached Files
File Type: txt serial.txt (6.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #1705
rbautch
User

Quote:
The uninstall script didn't restore my 'almost there' screen either, FYI.
No lights on the adapter, right, Back to stock drivers? Doubtful.
One good thing here is that I have 2 tivos same model (TCD24004A) same software version.
I've attached my serial output but it wasn't formatted correctly for notepad. You'll need to use an ascii editor.
The uninstall script looks for the backups and restores them. Sounds like some of the backups were not made during the initial script run, perhaps because of a ro filesystem issue. Did you get any errors when you ran the script initially? The original drivers are backed up in a directory called /lib/modules/backups-orig. If the directory is not there, it means that the uninstall script restored the drivers and then deleted the directory. If it is there, copy the files in there back to /lib/modules with cp -f. One way to quickly tell if the drivers were restored is if the ax8817x.o driver is still a symlink or not. One last thing to check is the size of your ehci-hcd.o driver. If the original drivers have NOT been restored, it should be only 2k in size. If they have been restored, it should be bigger.

If all else fails, obviously you'll have to pull the drive. If you're willing to help me troubleshoot a bit, try first copying a virgin usb.map file to /etc/hotplug to see if that fixes it. If you know how to use zmodem over the serial connection, you won't have to pull the drive to do this. If that doesn't fix the issue, manually replace the drivers with ones you FTP off your other tivo. Sorry for the trouble...I do most of my testing on my DTivos since I have remote access to them.

or

Old 09-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #1706
rbautch
User

I noticed an error in the way usb.map was edited that is fixable without pulling the drive. The script would have tried to insert the new driver mappings right after the "usbnet" heading, but they should have gone in the "ax88772" and "ax88178" subheadings. These misplaced entries could possibly be interfering with the FA120 entry. To fix it, delete the entries that are directly under the usbnet header in usb.map. These include:
Airlink ASOHOUSB
Linksys USB200MV2
DUB-E100, revision B1
DUB-E100, revision B1 alternate vendor code
Airlink AGIGAUSB
Linksys usb1000

Fixed this in the current version.

Last edited by rbautch : 09-12-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #1707
Throg
Experimental Member

I don't mind helping you troubleshoot at all. I already have the box open. Had to take the drive out just to get bash back. I don't quite understand that, but there ya go. I already tried copying the usb.map from the other tivo and it didn't help. I'm going to try the other things now and I'll let you know.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #1708
Throg
Experimental Member

I didn't *notice* any errors when the install script ran. And I typically do watch things as they happen. /lib/modules/backups-orig doesn't exist. ax8817x.o is a symlink to /lib/modules/usbnet.o. ehci-hcd.o shows up as 1500 bytes.
The entries under usbnet didn't match what you said so I'm attaching my usb.map for your perusal.
Attached Files
File Type: txt usb.txt (6.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #1709
rbautch
User

Quote:
I didn't *notice* any errors when the install script ran. And I typically do watch things as they happen. /lib/modules/backups-orig doesn't exist. ax8817x.o is a symlink to /lib/modules/usbnet.o. ehci-hcd.o shows up as 1500 bytes.
The entries under usbnet didn't match what you said so I'm attaching my usb.map for your perusal.
Thanks for the usb.map file. I just uploaded a new version that should modify it properly. Something's not right with the drivers. Let's take this to PM to avoid dilution of the thread.

or

Old 09-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #1710
Brillian1080p

Rbautch, I'm interested in the updated TWP. Ran your previous version of enhancement script a few weeks ago.

Thanks by the way.

Is it easiest to use Filezilla or similar to overwrite the existing script and then just run it?
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote