Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #1621
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsme
Does this also apply with hacks that were installed before your script? I have a hunch not, and that the hacks I lost were installed previously, such as ftp and telnet.

Then again, certainly the CID app wasn installed by your script, and it isn't working.

Is it possible (likely?) that hackman reconfigured the startup file and overwrote the above? Which startup file do you work with, or is there only the one?

do I need to uninstall first?

any idea what happened to the ls command?

Thanks,
Harvey
You shouldnt be putting any hacks in var, especially telnet and ftp. My script does indeed install callerID. It's possible hackman altered your author file, but there's only one way to find out. If you put your tivo utilities in /var, that could explain why ls isnt working. I suggest first FTP Alphawolfs all in one utilities to /busybox, or someplace else that's in root. Then make sure that directory is in your PATH. Then uninstall/reinstall the enhancement script. If you add hacks that do not need to be in /var, don't put them there. If you add hacks that DO need to be in var (like joe, NCID, etc), then add them to /enhancements/varhacks and run the symlink script.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #1622
tall1

I am experiencing a peculiar issue. I have a tweaked HD-Tivo and a tweaked HDVR2 in the familyroom . My wife likes the S-P-S-9-S timer/clock in the lower righthand corner so for several weeks, everytime the tivos reboot I have to enter the SPS9S code again to display the timer/clock.

Well I noticed over the past few weeks after the scheduled reboot, the timer/clock continued to display on the HD-Tivo and the HDVR2 clock/timer was not displaying, as expected.

I began to suspect the HD-Tivo was not rebooting so I just happen to be up early this morning and the HD-Tivo message displayed that the scheduled reboot will occur in 10 minutes. Ten minutes later the HD-Tivo rebooted and to my surprise the timer/clock was displaying in the lower righthand corner. I have another tweaked HD-Tivo upstairs and it requires the same treatment as the HDVR2 after reboot to get the timer/clock to display.

Why is the SPS9S code sticking after reboot but not on the other 2 tweaked tivos? Not that I am complaining, it is less hassle but I wonder if something else is screwed?
tall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:08 PM   #1623
eclipsme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
You shouldnt be putting any hacks in var, especially telnet and ftp. My script does indeed install callerID. It's possible hackman altered your author file, but there's only one way to find out. If you put your tivo utilities in /var, that could explain why ls isnt working. I suggest first FTP Alphawolfs all in one utilities to /busybox, or someplace else that's in root. Then make sure that directory is in your PATH. Then uninstall/reinstall the enhancement script. If you add hacks that do not need to be in /var, don't put them there. If you add hacks that DO need to be in var (like joe, NCID, etc), then add them to /enhancements/varhacks and run the symlink script.
Yes, I understand about var now, but had no idea of the issue when I was trying to follow instructions early on (when I was trying to figure out how to hack the drive). Telnet and ftp were in busybox, but the script to start them wasn't working. I see that my wasn't clear about cid. Yes, this was installed from your script, thank you very much!

It turns out that that is exactly what happened - Hackman overwrote my author file, stopping yours from regenerating what was needed. In addition, because of the hacks I had in var, these of course stopped working, as well when the tio deleted the var folder.

I followed Alphaworks' insrtructions and put the busybox utilities into tivo- bin, though it used to be in busybox. I removed the busybox directory. This restored my commands like ls, etc - a big sigh of relief!

I finally found your uninstall script - on my local hard disk in the var backup I had made just prior to this ordeal. Copied it back to the tivo and ran it.

Just to make sure, I downloaded the enhancement scrip anew, ran it with no errors. Everything was working except for cid! hmm... Checked the logs, double checked the startup. It all looked good. Just couldn't figure it out, thought about writing you but decided to called it a night instead.

Woke up with one of those 'aha' experiences - I had left the phone line unpluggeed so the tivo wouldn't call home while I was figuring this all out. Plugged it in and voila!

The only thing missing now is to move the cid info lower on the screen, as my tv overscans a bit. I think I posted how to do that early in this series. Now I have to search my own postings. What's it all comming to?

Thanks so much for the script, and for your kind support.

Harvey
eclipsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #1624
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall1
Why is the SPS9S code sticking after reboot but not on the other 2 tweaked tivos? Not that I am complaining, it is less hassle but I wonder if something else is screwed?
Is it possible you have hackman running and it's resetting the clock display for you?

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #1625
tall1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandPaw
Is it possible you have hackman running and it's resetting the clock display for you?
It is quite possible and most likely what has happened. I checked preferences on both Tivos and I have the "set clock on boot" option checked. I apparently set this awhile ago and forgot about it. Thanks for the reply.

So now the problem is it works on the HD-Tivo and not the HDVR2. I also am having a heck of a time getting hackman to start on my other HD-Tivo. I uninstalled, reinstalled tweak, set the compliance to 1 and still nothing. I guess I need to read more carefully or start from scratch and install hackman again. I think I read hackman was removed from the enhancement script but I still have hackman.itcl so kinda confused.

Thanks again.
tall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:29 AM   #1626
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall1
It is quite possible and most likely what has happened. I checked preferences on both Tivos and I have the "set clock on boot" option checked. I apparently set this awhile ago and forgot about it. Thanks for the reply.

So now the problem is it works on the HD-Tivo and not the HDVR2. I also am having a heck of a time getting hackman to start on my other HD-Tivo. I uninstalled, reinstalled tweak, set the compliance to 1 and still nothing. I guess I need to read more carefully or start from scratch and install hackman again. I think I read hackman was removed from the enhancement script but I still have hackman.itcl so kinda confused.

Thanks again.
Hackman was removed from the Zipper (not the enhancement script), but only when it is run for the first time. An uninstall/reinstall of the enhancement script brings it back. The thought was to have it take a little more effort to install Hackman to prevent clueless newbies from messing with their author file without understanding how Hackman works.

or

Old 07-02-2006, 02:37 AM   #1627
rbautch
User

Ncid

Beta version of the enhancement script that installs NCID version 0.65 is available. This is for testing only (since I don't have a phone line). To keep your existing configuration and aliases, use the attached uninstall script. Then run tweak.sh, which should already be on your Tivo. DO NOT post results here, please PM me instead.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweak_uninstall.zip (1.0 KB, 41 views)

or

Old 08-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #1628
BlackFlux

Will this script work on a S1?
BlackFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #1629
rbautch
User

No it wont.

or

Old 08-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #1630
BlackFlux

rats...
Old 08-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #1631
rbautch
User

If it's a DirecTivo, there are some automated tools are there to hack it.

or

Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #1632
BlackFlux

It's a Phillips S1
Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #1633
Skippy

Thanks & Bufferhack Question

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Gunny and Rbautch for putting together the Zipper and the Enhancement Script. After suffering a drive crash in my previously hacked system, these saved me many hours (if not days) of frustration. Thanks also for all the support you guys provide. I've been lurking/reading on-and-off for years and have seen you guys help so many people. I learned the basics by reading your posts as well as "the other place". I must say, you guys make this a much better place for the non-l337.

Finally, just curious if you plan to incorporate the 60-minute bufferhack into the enhancement script. After running Zipper and the script, all I have to do to get back to where I was is:
- Get mfs_ftp working (done)
- Use bufferhack to get from 30-minute buffer to 60-minute
- Re-enable hackman (done)

I understand that mfs_ftp is verboten here and hackman hosed up some people. Is there a reason for not including the BufferHack in the script? It'd be great to query the user "Leave standard 30-minute LiveTV buffer or increase to 45 or 60 (30, 45, 60)?" and then make it so.

Thanks again. You guys rock!

-- Skip

Last edited by Skippy : 08-10-2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Typo
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #1634
rbautch
User

Thanks for the complement. Any hack that I include in the enhancement script requires the permision of the author/creator of the hack. The author of Bufferhack is one of the more prolific hackers, and his views against automated scripts are pretty well known. I respect those views, and will not include Bufferhack without his permission.

or

Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #1635
PowerfulOne

Problem with tarball LOG_ARCHIVE....tgz file

I installed this on a zippered SD-DVR40 (w/300GB). It makes the tarball of the log files every week, making a file called, for example, LOG_ARCHIVE.0814_09_16.tgz. I FTPed this (in binary) to my PC (running WinXP Pro) and tried to open it with WINRAR (my PCs default application for tgz files - ver 3.40). It complained about the archive being corrupted, and opened only the first file in the archive.

I tried it (still on the PC) with the GNU 'gunzip' and 'tar' programs, and it extracted fine.

WINRAR is a much more automated program, and has worked fine on all the other tgz files I've tried it on.

Any ideas why WINRAR doesn't like this file? Any suggestions on which other program I can use instead to easily extract the files from this archive?
PowerfulOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #1636
cheer
Registered Offender

Try WinACE instead -- I like it better than WinRAR.
Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.
cheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #1637
PowerfulOne

I tried WinACE. It didn't complain about a corrupt file, but it still only found the first file in the archive, not the dozens it actually contains.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #1638
PowerfulOne

I did more investigation of the problem of not being able to read the LOG_ARCHIVE.0814-09-16.tgv file on my PC. It turns out that the file ***IS***corrupt!

I tried to unzip and untar it on the Tivo. I got the same response (an error message and only the first file is extracted).

I then noticed that the first file (tvlog) was the wrong size; it was a bit smaller than it should have been. I tool a detailed look at the tar file (that resulted when the tgz file was unzipped. Now, a tar file consists on several files pasted together. There is a file header, then the first file, then another file header, then the second file, and so on. One of the fields in the header is the file size. For the first file in this archive, the size field did not match the size of the file. This caused the un-tar process to get confused, looking for the next file header when in fact it was reading the end of the first file.

Anyone have any idea why the script section that created this archive file in the Tivo created a corrupt file? The only thing I noticed is that the tvlog file was quite large (1576 kB) because it hadn’t been archived and cleared before.

I guess I’ll wait for the next archive to be created next week and see if it’s corrupt also.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #1639
rbautch
User

Version 4.0 Released

Here are the changes:

Installs Jamie’s latest backported drivers, which include support for the following adapters: Linksys USB200M v.2, Airlink ASOHOUSB, Airlink AGIGAUSB, Linksys USB1000 gigE, and the D-Link DUB-E100 revision B adapter. Thanks Jamie!

Installs version 1.3.0 of Tivowebplus with lgkhan’s user interface module. This module allows you to group shows together into folders, create folders, and rename folders in the NPL on your tivo.

Tivowebplus main menu is modified to show the name of your Tivo at the top of each menu – helpful if you have multiple Tivos. Here’s what it looks like:

Existing users don't have to FTP anything to your tivo. Just uninstall/reinstall tweak.sh and the latest version will be downloaded to your tivo.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 09-06-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #1640
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Once again - you the man! Thanks for all of your hard work. You've made hacking easy and helped me (and probably countless others) learn a lot about "manual" hacking when I probably would not have if it weren't for the Enhancement Script/Zipper. I now have JavaHMO, tivoserver, and other things working from reading and trying things on my own.
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #1641
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Here are the changes:

Installs Jamie’s latest backported drivers, which include support for the following adapters: Linksys USB200M v.2, Airlink ASOHOUSB, Airlink AGIGAUSB, Linksys USB1000 gigE, and the D-Link DUB-E100 revision B adapter. Thanks Jamie!

Installs version 1.3.0 of Tivowebplus with lgkhan’s user interface module. This module allows you to group shows together into folders, create folders, and rename folders in the NPL on your tivo.

Tivowebplus main menu is modified to show the name of your Tivo at the top of each menu – helpful if you have multiple Tivos. Here’s what it looks like:

Existing users don't have to FTP anything to your tivo. Just uninstall/reinstall tweak.sh and the latest version will be downloaded to your tivo.
What should we answer during tweak when asked if we have TWP installed? I'm thinking "No".
What will happen to the old version of TWP? Will it get deleted or moved?
HR21-700, HR21-100

Last edited by SteelersFan : 09-06-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #1642
bman12

Quote:
Here are the changes:

So...if I have a zippered DTIVO with TWP 1.2.1 and I uninstall /reinstall tweak.sh I will then have the new enhancements? How did they get updated on the TIVO and how exactly do I do the uninstall/reinstall? Looking forward to the improvements and thanks for your hard work.
bman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #1643
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman12
So...if I have a zippered DTIVO with TWP 1.2.1 and I uninstall /reinstall tweak.sh I will then have the new enhancements? How did they get updated on the TIVO and how exactly do I do the uninstall/reinstall? Looking forward to the improvements and thanks for your hard work.
If your Tivo can get out to the internet, tweak will download it. To uninstall you type "sh tweak_uninstall.sh" then to reinstall type "sh tweak.sh" (without the quotes of coarse).
Edit: Forgot to mention that you need to navigate to the hacks dir with: cd /hacks
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 09-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #1644
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
What should we answer during tweak when asked if we have TWP installed? I'm thinking "No".
What will happen to the old version of TWP? Will it get deleted or moved?
Normally the uninstall script will remove the old copy of Tivowebplus, but only if it was originally installed by the enhancement script. There was a problem with one the previous versions of the uninstall script where it did not remove TWP, but it shouldn't matter since the new script will overwrite it with the new version of TWP.

or

Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #1645
bnm81002

Russ,
Version 4.0 will be part of the 2.0 Zipper, correct?
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #1646
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnm81002
Russ,
Version 4.0 will be part of the 2.0 Zipper, correct?
Yes!

or

Old 09-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #1647
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

All these versions, Russ! I'm SO confused now.

BTW, did you ever get my humble suggestion about that clock and recording timer in the lower right corner?
Old 09-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #1648
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader
All these versions, Russ! I'm SO confused now.

BTW, did you ever get my humble suggestion about that clock and recording timer in the lower right corner?
I did, and have no idea how to do it. I was going to investigate, but got sidetracked.

or

Old 09-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #1649
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Where might one find this TWP version and lgkhan’s user interface module for "normal" download? I'd like to check it out manually and read more about it before running this script. Thanks, rbautch, for keeping up the great work!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:24 AM   #1650
starbiker99
1 Tivo 2 Tivo 3 Tivo

I just installed the new version of the enhanced script and all seems work well in it. I just can't find the grouping features that were spoke abot in the above post. Maybe it's just too late to be fiddeling with it.

1 Philips DSR708 (278hrs)320GB
1 Samsung S4080R (Stock)80GB
1 Samsung S4080R (260hrs)300GB
1 Philips DSR704 (103hrs)120GB
All 'UNLEASHED'
starbiker99 is offline   Reply With Quote