TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2006, 03:47 AM   #1531
PeterGriffin

replacing splash screen

I want to replace the splash screen with a vacation photo. What is the limit on size/dimension/pixel density for the png file? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
PeterGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #1532
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Be careful if you edit your splash screen. Tivo is very particular about the format. The size has to be exactly 720x480 pixels, true color (24-bit), with a resolution of 73 pixels per inch. I had to pull my drive a few times when a non-conforming graphic threw my Tivo into a reboot loop. I used Visio to create the graphic, then saved as a .png, then resized in MS PhotoEditor. I'll post the source graphics on the website so you can play around with it. Be sure to post your new splash screen if you come up with something good! The other 2 splash screens are stored in MFS and need a tcl script to change.
--
Old 05-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #1533
emartin358

Thanks for the help rbautch. I decided to pull the drive out and Zipper it. All went well with the exception of Hackman which didn't seem to load or install. I'll be checking that out next.
Thanks again.

Found my answer. All it takes is a little search.

Last edited by emartin358 : 05-02-2006 at 06:31 PM.
emartin358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #1534
6stringbass
Music + Tivo R Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartin358
Thanks for the help rbautch. I decided to pull the drive out and Zipper it. All went well with the exception of Hackman which didn't seem to load or install. I'll be checking that out next.
Thanks again.

Found my answer. All it takes is a little search.
Did you find the answer as to why it wasn't there or how to turn it back on?
SD-DVR40 250Gig (retired)
HDVR40 250Gig (retired)
6stringbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:48 AM   #1535
MEJHarrison

Is there any good reason to keep the cron job that spits the date out to cron.test.out every five minutes? Since everything seems to be working fine, I'm not sure I see the point.
MEJHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:03 AM   #1536
emartin358

See posts #1339 thru #1343.
emartin358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #1537
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Is there any good reason to keep the cron job that spits the date out to cron.test.out every five minutes? Since everything seems to be working fine, I'm not sure I see the point.
It cant hurt, but there's not a reason to keep it beyond troubleshooting cron. I suggest commenting it out rather than deleting it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #1538
MEJHarrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
It cant hurt, but there's not a reason to keep it beyond troubleshooting cron. I suggest commenting it out rather than deleting it.
I was looking at one of my logs (don't recall which at the moment but it wasn't cron.test.out) and it was filled with entries for this job. I just thought that the log would be easier to read without all those entries.

Anyway, I commented it out already. So I can easily re-enable it if the need arises.
MEJHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #1539
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

The tweak.sh script downloads the tgz file. Didn't work for me for some reason, so I downloaded it and put it in the same dir with the script. No problemo.

Matt
Old 05-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #1540
BrianEst

Will the Zipper work on a Series 1 SAT-T60 machine? I lost my channel icons/logos with a hard drive update and I am looking for a way to get them back.
BrianEst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #1541
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEst
Will the Zipper work on a Series 1 SAT-T60 machine? I lost my channel icons/logos with a hard drive update and I am looking for a way to get them back.
According to the zipper instruction page:

WORKS ON THE FOLLOWING TIVOS
Hughes HDVR2, SD-DVR40/80/120
Phillips DSR7000, DSR704, DSR708
RCA DVR39, DVR40, DVR80, DVR120
Samsung SIR-S4040R, SIR-S4080R,
SIR-S4120R
Phillips HR10-250
Does not work on the R10
Old 05-09-2006, 06:22 AM   #1542
BrianEst

Does this enhancement work on Series 1 DirecTIVOs? I have software 3.5 running on a SAT-T60. If so, it is not clear to me how to do this. Any help would be great. I am really just looking to have the channel icons show up on a recently replaced hard drive A.
BrianEst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #1543
The Bird

I've zippered 2 dtivos last week so I should have the latest enhancement script. I selected not to install JOE or TWP which I now would like. So I tried to rerun tweak but it wants me to uninstall first.

Question: Is there a command that will add these two apps. or would I have to uninstall then re-run tweak, if this is the case, will I have to FTP the file back in after uninstalling it.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #1544
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEst
Does this enhancement work on Series 1 DirecTIVOs? I have software 3.5 running on a SAT-T60. If so, it is not clear to me how to do this. Any help would be great. I am really just looking to have the channel icons show up on a recently replaced hard drive A.
No, does not work with S1 Tivos.

or

Old 05-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #1545
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bird
I've zippered 2 dtivos last week so I should have the latest enhancement script. I selected not to install JOE or TWP which I now would like. So I tried to rerun tweak but it wants me to uninstall first.

Question: Is there a command that will add these two apps. or would I have to uninstall then re-run tweak, if this is the case, will I have to FTP the file back in after uninstalling it.

Thanks.
Have to uninstall/reinstall (which takes all of one minute), or else install those hacks manually. If your DNS settings work, then you won't have to FTP anything.

or

Old 05-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #1546
pallen4215

I don't have internet access on my tivo. Is this file the only one I need to download? Where do I put it, do I need to extract it, do I need to edit your script?

http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_tweak/rbautch_files.tgz

Thanks for your help, great job.
pallen4215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #1547
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

Put that file in the same location as tweak.sh. That's all you need to do.

Matt
Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #1548
jasonv1
Not a newbie

Couldn't resolve the masterav.com address during the running of the tweak.sh script

Was I supposed to be prompted for DNS servers during the HD hacking process?

When I booted up and went to run the script it couldn't resolve. I put a hosts entry in (/etc/hosts) for the website and it ran fine.

I realize now that I can edit using TivoWeb I just wondered if the DNS thing was normal behavior.
Tivo user since Jan 2000, VCR has been unplugged since
jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #1549
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonv1
Was I supposed to be prompted for DNS servers during the HD hacking process?

When I booted up and went to run the script it couldn't resolve. I put a hosts entry in (/etc/hosts) for the website and it ran fine.

I realize now that I can edit using TivoWeb I just wondered if the DNS thing was normal behavior.
Nope, you weren't supposed to get prompted. Your gateway is set as your DNS server, with the assumption that most folks are running routers that will handle DNS queries. I had to go in and set my DNS server too.

tk

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:33 PM   #1550
charlestwaters

Two quick questions...

1) I installed the CID feature with the script. However, my TiVo continues to pick up the phone and dial-out. A) Will / can this come back to haunt me!? B) How can I stop it from dialing out!?

2) I want to install some new logos for some new channels we have in my area. What folder can I find all the logos in!? I tried to use the "Import" under Logo Manager or whatever it is via TWP, and it gives me a 404 error.

3) Is there a way to delete some of the programs from the "Un-Delete" folder!? I have about 3 pages of programs in there, and my hdd is starting to get extremely full!

--- Goobz!
charlestwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #1551
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestwaters
3) Is there a way to delete some of the programs from the "Un-Delete" folder!? I have about 3 pages of programs in there, and my hdd is starting to get extremely full!
The space taken up by the files in the "Un-Delete folder" is fully available to new recordings. There is no reason to want to delete them. The fact that you have about 3 pages of programs in there means precisely that you have PLENTY of available room for new recordings and have nothing to worry about (in terms of your HD being "extremely full.")
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:35 AM   #1552
charlestwaters

Kewl! Thanx for the response. I was thinking that it took up some of the HDD space as well. I take it the 10-250 erases them as space is needed as well!?

Now all I have to do is figure out answers to my other problems are that I listed...
charlestwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #1553
trainsho

hi, multi questions not sure if they all belong here....... 1) should I have added larger drive before zipper?, if so will insta cake wipe zipper? 2) is there a list of commands specific for TWP as well as the other programs for tivo or are they just basic Linux 3) do I understand there is no way to make ttg work for D*tivos?

zipper works WOW wonderful (actually ran it three times, always getting the success wording an then the reboot on first boot, but NOTHING sure enough you all have it right FA120 works simply easy ) thanks everyone J

sir s4120r x2 (inactive since 5-20-06)
trainsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #1554
pallen4215

Any suggestions on a USB 2 wireless or wired nic? Right now I'm using a Linksys USB100. I'd like to upgrade it and hopefully see a big difference on transfering shows to my PC.
pallen4215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:12 AM   #1555
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainsho
hi, multi questions not sure if they all belong here....... 1) should I have added larger drive before zipper?, if so will insta cake wipe zipper? 2) is there a list of commands specific for TWP as well as the other programs for tivo or are they just basic Linux 3) do I understand there is no way to make ttg work for D*tivos?

zipper works WOW wonderful (actually ran it three times, always getting the success wording an then the reboot on first boot, but NOTHING sure enough you all have it right FA120 works simply easy ) thanks everyone J
1) Since you are talking about using IC anyway, Just copy the image file to your zipper tools cd and answer y when it asks if you want to install a new image. Zipper will take care of the rest.
2) Not sure what you are talking about, TWP is a web interface to access your tivo once it is running you access it like a webpage , point and click.
3) TTG does not work with D*tivo, MRV does. You can get this functionality with other programs but we are not allowed to talk about them here because that is extraction.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #1556
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallen4215
Any suggestions on a USB 2 wireless or wired nic? Right now I'm using a Linksys USB100. I'd like to upgrade it and hopefully see a big difference on transfering shows to my PC.
Netgear FA120 Wired
Best (IMHO) adapter available.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:36 AM   #1557
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestwaters
Two quick questions...

1) I installed the CID feature with the script. However, my TiVo continues to pick up the phone and dial-out. A) Will / can this come back to haunt me!? B) How can I stop it from dialing out!?

2) I want to install some new logos for some new channels we have in my area. What folder can I find all the logos in!? I tried to use the "Import" under Logo Manager or whatever it is via TWP, and it gives me a 404 error.
1) I have fakecall and "upgradesoftware=false" for bootpage. I'm not sure if both of those are necessary, but my Tivo doesn't update the software. It does call out, though.

2) Use telnet to mount as "rw" before you upload. If that doesn't do the trick, create a "/tivowebplus/upload" dir

Matt
Old 05-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #1558
pearkel

Can't get Tweak to uninstall

Hey guys looking for a little guidance. I have lost my twp on one of my hacked tivos. I went to uninstall tweak and keep getting some syntax error line 79 and It won't uninstall nor will it let me reinstall tweak keeps saying please uninstall first. This is on a pre-zippered tivo. So what is the best path for me to take. I would like to get the script updated to the other 2 tivos that have been zippered.
Thanks
pearkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #1559
6stringbass
Music + Tivo R Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallen4215
Since the 100 is a usb 1.1 device you should see a difference with any usb 2 adapter. You'll have your best speed with a wired adapter. If you've Zippered yourself then you can use a USB200M or get one of the Netgear adapters.
SD-DVR40 250Gig (retired)
HDVR40 250Gig (retired)
6stringbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #1560
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
I've had great success with the D-Link DUB-E100 USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote