TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-21-2006, 03:08 PM   #1291
Finnstang
King of the North

rw at the bash prompt. Make sure to change it back to ro when you are done.
You are a genius, Finn! - Tracy
Finnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #1292
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnstang
rw at the bash prompt. Make sure to change it back to ro when you are done.
Thanks...that did it...now I just need WMP to show video of my shows with TyShow...I've tried installing several different mpeg2 codecs but none of them do a thing...
Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 PM   #1293
rbautch
User

Version 3.5 Released!

Thanks to TCF user garrettoomey for making the following updates to the enhancement script:
  • Moved CRONLOG-MAIN and cron.test.out to /var/log so they show up in Tivowebplus. Wipelogs will not delete cronlog-main.
  • Made sure directory is mounted read-write for seasonpass backups.
  • Changed fakecall.tcl cron log date format to match other entries in cronlog-main.
  • Recreate callerID log when wipelogs deletes it.

To take this update, you don't have to FTP anything to your tivo. Just run the uninstall script, then run the tweak.sh that's already on your tivo.

Nice job garret!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #1294
Finnstang
King of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Thanks to TCF user garrettoomey for making the following updates to the enhancement script:
  • Moved CRONLOG-MAIN and cron.test.out to /var/log so they show up in Tivowebplus. Wipelogs will not delete cronlog-main.
  • Changed fakecall.tcl cron log date format to match other entries in cronlog-main.

To take this update, you don't have to FTP anything to your tivo. Just run the uninstall script, then run the tweak.sh that's already on your tivo.

Nice job garret!
Speaking of the cron, the following line needs to be changed in the root cron:

Code:
22 9 * * */3 * rm /var/log/cronlog-main; echo "'date' cron logs wiped">> /var/log/cronlog-main
should be changed to this:
Code:
22 9 1 * */3 * rm /var/log/cronlog-main; echo "'date' cron logs wiped">> /var/log/cronlog-main
Otherwise it deletes the cronlog everyday during every third month. With the change it will only delete it on the first day of the month.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #1295
mgmrick
Haven't broke yet

Just upgraded the new script. One error message.

Do you want to install cron for improved performance/logging/backups? [y/n] :y
find: ./proc/317/fd: No such file or directory
Creating user definitions...
Creating required cron directories...
copying the crondtab where crond expects it
appending your rc.sysinit.author file to run crond on startup

Thanks
Rick
HMO,MRV,2.0 USB,CALLERID,Serial Cable,160Gig Hardrive
gunny's unguide,rbautch scripts
mgmrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #1296
alert5

NCID Bonus with the Script

I have not seen mention of this. If you have NCID installed and want your PC's on the same network to take advantage of callerID, just install the windows version of "NCIDPOP". I believe there is a MAC version too.

Point "NCIDPOP" at the IP of the DirecTiVo/HR10-250 running the NCID server and callerID pops up on the PC running NCIDPOP software.

Nice if your TV isn't on, you are watching an OTA feed or it is just inconvenient to look at the TV OSD while you are busy at your computer.

This is particularly useful when I'm at my Dell LCD-TV work station using the display for the computer.

This just gets better all the time.
alert5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #1297
kimsan
underling

Quote:

Nice job garret!
Quick check here. My TiVos *do not* have internet access. I'm guess in this case I need to grab and ftp over the new script, THEN tweak_uninstall/tweak again.

Just want to be sure in case I bother at all.

Thanks for the continuing updates and support!

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:22 PM   #1298
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Thanks...that did it...now I just need WMP to show video of my shows with TyShow...I've tried installing several different mpeg2 codecs but none of them do a thing...
try media player classic, or better yet, VLC
Old 02-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #1299
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmrick
Just upgraded the new script. One error message.

Do you want to install cron for improved performance/logging/backups? [y/n] :y
find: ./proc/317/fd: No such file or directory
Creating user definitions...
Creating required cron directories...
copying the crondtab where crond expects it
appending your rc.sysinit.author file to run crond on startup

Thanks
Rick
You could ignore this, but may want to check your /busybox for the "find" binary. I ececute this command to find and delete old crond binaries on your tivo:
Code:
 find -name crond
Try it and see if it works.

or

Old 02-24-2006, 10:57 PM   #1300
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnstang
Speaking of the cron, the following line needs to be changed in the root cron:

Code:
22 9 * * */3 * rm /var/log/cronlog-main; echo "'date' cron logs wiped">> /var/log/cronlog-main
should be changed to this:
Code:
22 9 1 * */3 * rm /var/log/cronlog-main; echo "'date' cron logs wiped">> /var/log/cronlog-main
Otherwise it deletes the cronlog everyday during every third month. With the change it will only delete it on the first day of the month.
Good catch. This mistake has been in there for months. I originally used 1-12/3 for the month field, thinking I could have it wipe every 3 months instead of every third month (i.e. if March was considered a "third month", but you just hacked your tivo today, then it wouldn't wipe until 3 months from today [May]). In retrospect I'm not sure if that would have worked, since I don't know what cron would use for the "beginning date" (i.e., when your tivo rebooted, would the beginning date be set back to zero?). Anyway, I'll settle for every third month for now, unless anyone wants to put more research into it. I fixed the crontab in the current download as you suggested.

or

Old 02-24-2006, 11:02 PM   #1301
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsan
Quick check here. My TiVos *do not* have internet access. I'm guess in this case I need to grab and ftp over the new script, THEN tweak_uninstall/tweak again.

Just want to be sure in case I bother at all.

Thanks for the continuing updates and support!
If you check your cronlogs regularly, or if you use caller ID, then you'll want to get this. Here is the link if you want to download it manually. Note that this link will never change, even for future versions: http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_tweak/rbautch_files.tgz

or

Old 02-25-2006, 02:45 AM   #1302
starbiker99
1 Tivo 2 Tivo 3 Tivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alert5
I have not seen mention of this. If you have NCID installed and want your PC's on the same network to take advantage of callerID, just install the windows version of "NCIDPOP". I believe there is a MAC version too.

Point "NCIDPOP" at the IP of the DirecTiVo/HR10-250 running the NCID server and callerID pops up on the PC running NCIDPOP software.

Nice if your TV isn't on, you are watching an OTA feed or it is just inconvenient to look at the TV OSD while you are busy at your computer.

This is particularly useful when I'm at my Dell LCD-TV work station using the display for the computer.

Very cool!! I am on this dumb PC way more than I should be. Now I don't have to turn to my Tivo to see who is calling. Plus I can check the incoming call log real quick.

1 Philips DSR708 (278hrs)320GB
1 Samsung S4080R (Stock)80GB
1 Samsung S4080R (260hrs)300GB
1 Philips DSR704 (103hrs)120GB
All 'UNLEASHED'
starbiker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #1303
garrettoomey

This should work:
22 9 1 * 3,6,9,12 * rm /var/log/cronlog-main; echo "'date' cron logs wiped">> <SNIPPED>

Delete cronlog-main at 9:22 GMT on the 1st day of Mar, June, Aug, and Dec.

Quote:
Good catch. This mistake has been in there for months. I originally used 1-12/3 for the month field, thinking I could have it wipe every 3 months instead of every third month (i.e. if March was considered a "third month", but you just hacked your tivo today, then it wouldn't wipe until 3 months from today [May]). In retrospect I'm not sure if that would have worked, since I don't know what cron would use for the "beginning date" (i.e., when your tivo rebooted, would the beginning date be set back to zero?). Anyway, I'll settle for every third month for now, unless anyone wants to put more research into it. I fixed the crontab in the current download as you suggested.

garrettoomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #1304
Luv2DrvFst

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettoomey
This should work:
22 9 1 * 3,6,9,12 * rm /var/log/cronlog-main; echo "'date' cron logs wiped">> <SNIPPED>

Delete cronlog-main at 9:22 GMT on the 1st day of Mar, June, Aug, and Dec.
Actually you've got an extra * in there now. It should either be:

22 9 1 3,6,9,12 * <snipped> (for May, Jun, Sep, Dec)

Or you can just leave it as

22 9 1 */3 * <snipped> (for Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)

Jim
Old 02-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #1305
clover_kid

I've applied the enhancement script...finally realized that the profile file is hidden by placing a . before the file name....Now, where is the revised bash prompt hidden? It's not in the .profile file??

Thanks...BTW...Great Work!
clover_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #1306
Tivogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover_kid
I've applied the enhancement script...finally realized that the profile file is hidden by placing a . before the file name....Now, where is the revised bash prompt hidden? It's not in the .profile file??

Thanks...BTW...Great Work!
It IS in the .profile

It's hard to read as is, cause it has a lot of "special" characters for colors.

Look for the line export PS1=".....
Samsung 72", 56", 4 x 32" HDTV
Sony 40" HDTV
iRule + iTach Remotes
Tivogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #1307
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alert5

OK, I tried to set this up. But am getting a message of "NCIDpop not connected" with a little red "x" symbol on the NCIDpop icon on the desk tray. I entered the tivos IP address that is the NCID server for my tivos where it belongs and restarted NCIDpop but it does not change from "not connected". Any ideas/guidance would be appreciated.
I saw the warning that "If you are running ncidd on a non-default pret (i.e., not 3333), enter the server name followed by a colon and the port number, e.g., callerid.domain.name:1234." But I have to admit that is a little over my head.
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #1308
alert5

Willard I can't help you. My excitement about ncidpop working out-of-the-box with a simple entry of the server DirecTiVo IP, quickly faded when it just stopped working for me. I'm seeing the same as you are...a red "x" indicating no communication.

I guess any software with version 0.x is a work in progress. Sorry for the shared disappointment.
alert5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #1309
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
try media player classic, or better yet, VLC
I've never used VLC...any tutorials on how to set this up with TWP? I tried saving the .asx file and then running it with VLC but nothing happens (this is with Windows)
Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #1310
Luv2DrvFst

crontab changes

rbautch,

Two thoughts for the crontab file:

- need to fix this line:
14 9 * * * wget -O - "http://127.0.0.1/quit"; echo "`date` TWP stopped" >> /var/logs/cronlog-main
so that the output file is /var/log/cronlog-main

- it's better to flip-flop the echo and reboot commands on the SCHEDULED REBOOT line, otherwise the message "SCHEDULED REBOOT" never gets written to the log file (because the TiVo reboots before it is executed)

Just my two cents.

Jim
Old 02-27-2006, 09:13 AM   #1311
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
I've never used VLC...any tutorials on how to set this up with TWP? I tried saving the .asx file and then running it with VLC but nothing happens (this is with Windows)
sure
I forgot a little surgery on ui.itcl is needed

Find the line that says (should be line 3223)
Code:
set delete_td "$delete_td [td [html_link "/asx/$fsid.asx" "View"]]"
and change it to say
Code:
set delete_td "$delete_td [td [html_link tivo://192.168.1.106/$fsid "View"]]"
change the ip to your tivo's ip (duh)
Old 02-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #1312
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Other than the fact some people avoid M$ like the plague, is there any other reason it's worth it to use VLC?
Old 02-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #1313
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

I like VLC simply because it plays EVERYTHING.
It's also multi platform.
Smaller footprint and uses less resources than WMP too.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #1314
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2DrvFst
rbautch,

Two thoughts for the crontab file:

- need to fix this line:
14 9 * * * wget -O - "http://127.0.0.1/quit"; echo "`date` TWP stopped" >> /var/logs/cronlog-main
so that the output file is /var/log/cronlog-main

- it's better to flip-flop the echo and reboot commands on the SCHEDULED REBOOT line, otherwise the message "SCHEDULED REBOOT" never gets written to the log file (because the TiVo reboots before it is executed)

Just my two cents.

Jim
Thanks Jim. I made these changes and uploaded the new files archive.

or

Old 02-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #1315
starbiker99
1 Tivo 2 Tivo 3 Tivo

So on my 3 units I zippered last year I can just run the uninstall then run the tweak.sh and it should be the latest info (TWP in root, cron info fixed as well) or do I need to ftp the most recent files to my Tivo's.

All 'UNLEASHED'
Old 02-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #1316
rbautch
User

Correct! Now, isn't that cool.

or

Old 02-27-2006, 05:06 PM   #1317
starbiker99
1 Tivo 2 Tivo 3 Tivo

Yes that is! I was sure I read that earlier but didn't want to end up doing it twice. I am doing one as we speak.

Update: After I did the uninstall and reinstall all hacks are back in the old places eg. var/hack/ tivowebplus.

any ideas?

All 'UNLEASHED'

Last edited by starbiker99 : 02-27-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #1318
starbiker99
1 Tivo 2 Tivo 3 Tivo

BTW my uninstall on my 3 older tivo's looks like this 'tweak-uninstall.sh' and not 'tweak_uninstall.sh' like it is on my most recent unit. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Update again: I FTP'd the newer uninstall and tweak.sh and it is all working right now. Except my ncid info stayed in var/hack and didnt move to the enahancement folder. back to the drawing board. lol

Last update: I ran both uninstall scripts then ran the new tweak.sh and all is super. Now off to finish the last 2. he he

All 'UNLEASHED'

Last edited by starbiker99 : 02-27-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #1319
Conklin

Dtv Central menu?

After recently upgrading my harddrives i Zippered again. This time on my phillips i noticed the Showcase entry is gone.I wanted to get rid of it anyway. But on my Hughes it is still their.Is their something in your script that has been added to do this.If not is thier a way to check why it is not their on my Phillips. I have run the Superpatch67Standby.tcl on both. Not sure if this is the reason.

Conklin
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #1320
Finnstang
King of the North

The enhancement script asks whether you want showcases and yellow stars during the setup.