TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #1141
rbautch
User

I'll eventually move the logs. Still debating on TWP. If your root partition fills up, that's not good either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:41 PM   #1142
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Hey Russ, Any chance that TuikHelper.tcl and Superpatch67Standby.tcl (fixes the menus after being superpatched - discussued here and here) could be included in the Enhancement script or The Zipper in the future?
Perhaps, if I can permission from the author.

or

Old 01-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #1143
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Thanks. I may try to run this manually soon.
Are you familiar with it? Are there any "gotchas" I should know about, i.e. will it interfere with my zippered setup after running it?
Edit: I successfully ran the script on 3 of 4 of my boxes. Quick and easy, no issues.
HR21-700, HR21-100

Last edited by SteelersFan : 01-08-2006 at 03:56 PM.
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #1144
Heckler

Quote:
Run the uninstall script, then delete /var/spool/cron, then run tweak.sh again.
rbautch.

I should have done some further investigation before posting... After looking through start.sh to see what it was looking for, and investigating my drive further, I found that it's a "flaw" in the PTVupgrade InstantCake image for the DSR7000 (and, since I had purchased it as well, I checked the HDVR2 image which also contains this "flaw")... This was verified by using another hard drive and doing a manual "mfsrestore -i /cdrom/000001 /dev/hdc" of both the DSR7000 and HDVR2 images. After you restore the image and reboot, you can mount the /var/ (/dev/hdc9) partition and see for yourself that the cron stuff already exists:
mkdir /tivo
mount /dev/hdc9 /tivo
cd tivo/spool/cron/crontabs/
ls (you'll see "root")

If you open "root" in vi, you will find an entry for fakecall ("0 4 * * * fakecall.tcl"), so it begs the question "What else isn't 'stock' in the image"? I couldn't find rc.sysinit.author, or the fakecall.tcl itself, so I'm not sure what else, if anything, extra is floating around in this image... I must admit that I find this disappointing about these images being provided by PTVupgrade... It was bad enough that they didn't think to do a "Clear & Delete Everything" before creating the images, but now I've determined that the images they are providing aren't stock/un-hacked TiVo images (which is what you expect of the PTVnet images/CDs)... BTW, I had already thought to do a "Clear & Delete Everything" and re-backup the images so that I didn't have all the problems with the Chicago local channels, Chicago Area Codes/numbers and Dial/Call Waiting Prefixes, Chicago Zip Code in the Guided Setup as well as I don't have to run 51killer.tcl, it's a shame this didn't occur to PTVupgrade...

Fortunately for me, I have an original HDVR2 40 GB drive that I never even booted (upgraded the hard drives straight out of the box, think it has pre-3.1.1e on it, don't really recall), so I'll be able to DD that to another hard drive and then dial-in to get it updated to 6.2 and re-backup the HDVR2 image. Unfortunately, I have no such hard drive for the DSR7000, so I'll have to see if I can get PTVupgrade to correct their image, or alternatively, see if they will allow me to download a 3.1.1e image for DSR7000 that I can restore and similarly update by phone (as I recall, when your tivo software updates, it swaps back and forth between two pairs of partitions (4&6 and 7&9), so hopefully, even if they've got hacks on the 3.1.1e image as well, the update will ditch it...

Needless to say, if someone has a virgin DSR7000 40GB drive/image that they'd be willing to share with me, I'm all ears (and can provide an ftp site to dump an image)...

Alternatively, anybody know if you can use a HDVR2 virgin image (i.e. one that has had never been booted or has had a "Clear & Delete Everything" run on it) in a DSR7000? I know they're essentially the same hardware, so ??maybe?? If we didn't think it would hurt the hardware, I'd be willing to give it a try...

Heckler
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #1145
rbautch
User

I wouldn't be so hard on the Instantcake product. It's not just an image, and I think the cron stuff was put there on purpose. Even if you do a clear and delete before making an image, it still won't exactly be a "virgin" image (I think), and will still require another CandD when you boot it in another tivo. I know they put alot of work/research into the images they package with Instantcake, and they're the closest thing to a virgin image you'll get. I encourage you to research this further in the PTVupgrade forums, ask some questions there, and post your findings here.

or

Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #1146
slydog75
Not all that sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler
Alternatively, anybody know if you can use a HDVR2 virgin image (i.e. one that has had never been booted or has had a "Clear & Delete Everything" run on it) in a DSR7000? I know they're essentially the same hardware, so ??maybe?? If we didn't think it would hurt the hardware, I'd be willing to give it a try...

Heckler
Yes, you can use any S2 DTivo image on any other S2 DTivo. You'll just need to run the 51killer.tcl to get rid of the Error 51 that you will get after booting.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Mark Twain
slydog75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #1147
klaroby

Russ
I am having the same problems as the previous posters with the enhancement script:

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
Connecting to xxx.mastersav.xxx[xx.xx.xxx.xx]:80
wget: Unable to connect to remote host (xx.xx.xxx.xx): Network is unreachable
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]:

I also have an HR10-250
I verified that wget is installed and that /busybox is in the Path.
I also tried your suggestion of copying rbautch_files.tgz from the zipper tools disk to the directory (/var) that I am running tweak.sh from. When I run tweak.sh it still trys to go out to the internet to FTP rbautch_files.tgz. It does not use the file that I saved to the directory. any suggestions?

Last edited by klaroby : 01-09-2006 at 06:49 PM. Reason: error in script
klaroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #1148
klaroby

Thanks
Problem solved.
I had to use the tweak.sh in the zipper tools folder, not the one downloaded from the first page of this thread.

Last edited by klaroby : 01-09-2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: problem solved
Old 01-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #1149
rbautch
User

Updated the first post so scripts are now identical.

or

Old 01-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #1150
tbeckner
TiVo Fan

Quote:
That would be great.

UPDATE ON MISSING USER INTERFACE: I checked out how TWP was building the HTML on the fly and finally figured out that the missing "User Interface" had to be a temporary quirk, so I restarted TWP and of course it magically appeared, so disregard the missing "User Interface".

BTW, I just updated with the latest ZIPPER and I can no longer find "USER INTERFACE" listed in the TWP menu, do you know why it might be missing? I thought it was there before and it was version 1.2.1.

Any Idea why it would go missing?
(3) Hughes HDVR2 6.2
(2) Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2
(2) Buggy HR24 6/25/2011
DirecTV 10/94

Last edited by tbeckner : 01-12-2006 at 04:50 PM.
tbeckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #1151
HUGE2U

I just noticed, the MFS_FTP control has dissapeared from Hackman. Why would that be?

HUGE
HUGE2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #1152
rbautch
User

Could be that it's not there, and hackman is not picking it up. Where did you have mfs_ftp installed? Can you verify it's still there?

or

Old 01-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #1153
HUGE2U

It's there, and I can run it manually when I type:

/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl

Other things are now gone from hackman too, like tserver.

FYI: this is on both HD Tivos, but not on the SD one. ( Damn HD)

HUGE
Old 01-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #1154
klaroby

I have had the same thing happen with Hackman a number of times. After reading the instructions for installing Hackman I found this solution:
Delete hackman.cfg and hackman.ini, do a quick reload in TWP. This does a new search for all hacks and regenerates the hackman.cfg and hackman.ini files.
In most cases this seems to have fixed my problems.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #1155
HUGE2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaroby
I have had the same thing happen with Hackman a number of times. After reading the instructions for installing Hackman I found this solution:
Delete hackman.cfg and hackman.ini, do a quick reload in TWP. This does a new search for all hacks and regenerates the hackman.cfg and hackman.ini files.
In most cases this seems to have fixed my problems.

That did the trick - thanks.

HUGE
Old 01-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #1156
marcone

When I ran the script the first time it detected a double-linefeed problem, and told me to re-run the script after following the "additional instructions for windows xp users". I couldn't find those instructions anywhere. In the end I ended up using Putty to connect, and unchecking the option "Return key sends Telnet New Line instead of ^M" fixed the problem.
marcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #1157
kudron

After being gone from this board since last spring, I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but I have a couple of quick questions.

I upgraded my Hughes HDVR2 last spring to 4.1 (Instantcake) with a 120gig hard drive and it works great. Can I run the zipper and keep my currently recorded programs? What about if I upgrade to 6.2, will I retain my programs? Do I run zipper or can I run just tweak.zip? Do I need to pull the drive out of the DTivo or can I FTP from my laptop?

So many toys, so little time...
kudron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #1158
dfriedland

bump
dfriedland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #1159
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfriedland
bump
Double posted and answered here.

or

Old 01-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #1160
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

rb, I went to that referenced thread as well and got a bit confused. I currently have 4.01b and don't want to immediately change it to 6.2. So, will your tweak zip file cause any conflicts or problems with my HDVR2's?

Just checking.
Lord Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #1161
blhirsch
Tivo-riffic!

Aggg. I put the ip address of the tivo itself in the field asking for the default gateway. I uninstalled tweak.sh and then reinstalled and it never asked me again and it reports "default gateway" as the ip address I put in (wrong.)

How do I change it now?
blhirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #1162
dfriedland

Quote:
Double posted and answered here.

Sorry, I was just bumping to keep this thread up near the top.

It's helped me immensly!

Jersey Dave
dfriedland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #1163
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader
rb, I went to that referenced thread as well and got a bit confused. I currently have 4.01b and don't want to immediately change it to 6.2. So, will your tweak zip file cause any conflicts or problems with my HDVR2's?

Just checking.
No, it will work fine.

or

Old 01-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #1164
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhirsch
Aggg. I put the ip address of the tivo itself in the field asking for the default gateway. I uninstalled tweak.sh and then reinstalled and it never asked me again and it reports "default gateway" as the ip address I put in (wrong.)

How do I change it now?
Navigate to /enhancements, and run: sh net-launch.sh

or

Old 01-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #1165
tbeckner
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Hey Russ, Any chance that TuikHelper.tcl and Superpatch67Standby.tcl (fixes the menus after being superpatched - discussued here and here) could be included in the Enhancement script or The Zipper in the future?
Quote:
Any word on "Superpatch67Standby.tcl"?
(3) Hughes HDVR2 6.2
(2) Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2
(2) Buggy HR24 6/25/2011
DirecTV 10/94
tbeckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #1166
rbautch
User

I'm afraid that's fallen to the back burner while I devote all my spare time to tivoserver and ripping my entire DVD collection.

or

Old 01-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #1167
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeckner
Any word on "Superpatch67Standby.tcl"?
If you haven't tried to install it, it's very quick and easy. Just ftp the files, run it and reboot.
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:49 AM   #1168
Billy66
Again with shoelaces

Quote:

Added patches for the HR10-250 to permanently enable 30-sec skip, disable encryption, enable backdoors, and menu sort.
Hey rbautch,

I've installed the most recent script and I'm having trouble with this.

I had to turn them on in Hackman and when I did, I can see them initiate when the unit reboots. The problem is that it is happening too early. The unit seems to be still acquiring sat so the first one fails (I think it's SORT) the second one (30 sec) sometimes works.

Is there a place where I can add a sleep command or something to prevent this? I have an HR10-250 running 3.15e

Thanks
Billy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #1169
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
If you haven't tried to install it, it's very quick and easy. Just ftp the files, run it and reboot.
I have installed it and it works great!!!
TIVO HACK-bash# cd /busybox
TIVO HACK-bash#
TIVO HACK-bash# Superpatch67Standby.tcl
Applying Superpatch67Standby Mod...
DIRECTV Central: Adding Standby
Searching for ui/TivoCentral/TivoCentralDocument.brf IndexPath...
Messages & Setup: Removing Standby
Searching for common/ui/Menus/SetupMainMenu/SetupMainMenuDocument.brf IndexPat
h...
Programs to Record: Removing Search by Title (Demo)
Searching for ui/PickPrograms/PickProgramsDocument.brf IndexPath...
Done!
TIVO HACK-bash#reboot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StandbyCentral.jpg (55.2 KB, 48 views)
lee espinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #1170
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy66
Hey rbautch,

I've installed the most recent script and I'm having trouble with this.

I had to turn them on in Hackman and when I did, I can see them initiate when the unit reboots. The problem is that it is happening too early. The unit seems to be still acquiring sat so the first one fails (I think it's SORT) the second one (30 sec) sometimes works.

Is there a place where I can add a sleep command or something to prevent this? I have an HR10-250 running 3.15e

Thanks
The script makes permanent patches to your tivoapp, so you should not have to turn anything on with hackman, or wait for anything to come up after the unit boots.

or