Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #931
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortkud
In the twprun it points to the new one. Thats all i know...sorry im not much of more help. Can u be a bit more specific on where i need to look.
open up /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author and look for lines that have "tivoweb".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #932
shortkud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
open up /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author and look for lines that have "tivoweb".
AH HA! there is teh wrong path I changed it and now restarting the tivo. Will edit and let u know. Thank you VERY MUCh for the help and great script. Might i add if there is anyway to uncolorize the telnet prompt without uninstall and reinstall.

now i cant FTP or telnet to tivo and obviously cant see tivowebplus. Did i tottaly **** something up?

It gets an ip...
i can also ping it fine.

Last edited by shortkud : 12-06-2005 at 08:23 PM.
shortkud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #933
Runch Machine

Quote:
Beta5 tested successfully, and patches the tivoapp if you use the latest enhancement script. I need to update the enhancement script that's packaged with the Zipper to run the patches. I'll probably get to it this weekend.
Thanks that's great. I like having permanent 30 second skip. That's not in the current version for the HR10-250 is it?
DirecTV HR20 DVR with 1 terrabyte Drive inside.

Last edited by Runch Machine : 12-06-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Runch Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:22 AM   #934
crunchpvr

I am trying to understand the script and have a couple ?'s (pardon me if this was answered earlier):

Is TWP installed in "/var/hack/tivowebplus"? If it is, then how is it put back if /var is wiped? If not, where is TWP installed?
crunchpvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:24 AM   #935
rbautch
User

TWP is the only hack I keep in var, and it is not put back if var is wiped. I did it to balance out available disk space between var and root, and because it's simple to FTP the TWP back into var if it gets wiped. In the future, I'll fix it so that if var gets wiped it will automatically download a fresh copy from me.

or

Old 12-07-2005, 07:25 AM   #936
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runch Machine
Thanks that's great. I like having permanent 30 second skip. That's not in the current version for the HR10-250 is it?
Its in there only if you use the latest enhancement script in my sig.

or

Old 12-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #937
shortkud

now i cant FTP or telnet to tivo and obviously cant see tivowebplus. Did i tottaly **** something up?

It gets an ip...
i can also ping it fine.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 PM   #938
rbautch
User

Try rebooting. Maybe telnet is not running.

or

Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM   #939
shortkud

lol ive tried that a few times. I dont even see what putting the wrong path in tivowebplus would do with telnet or the ftp. If so is it possible to put the hard drive in my PC and correct the path then put it in the tivo again.

:edit:

i just pulled the plug and plugged it back in for the restart.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #940
rbautch
User

Version 3.0 Released!

I added a few checks to automatically detect if your telnet client is adding extra line feeds, and you need to use the "special" telnet instructions.

Fixed the dos line endings in index.itcl identified here.

Added patches for the HR10-250 to permanently enable 30-sec skip, disable encryption, enable backdoors, and menu sort.

Used sed to remove the network startup commands from your author file if you used the Zipper. Previously, every time you rebooted your network settings would revert to those you set with the Zipper.

More good stuff in the works!

or

Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 PM   #941
Runch Machine

Quote:
I added a few checks to automatically detect if your telnet client is adding extra line feeds, and you need to use the "special" telnet instructions.

Fixed the dos line endings in index.itcl identified here.

Added patches for the HR10-250 to permanently enable 30-sec skip, disable encryption, enable backdoors, and menu sort.

Used sed to remove the network startup commands from your author file if you used the Zipper. Previously, every time you rebooted your network settings would revert to those you set with the Zipper.

More good stuff in the works!
Please post a link to 3.0. The only links I can find are to the earlier version, or do I ust rerun it and it downloads it?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #942
Runch Machine

When the script is running, it says existing profile detected, do you want to append new aliases?

I've run the script in the past, then run the tweak uninstall script, then run the tweaks script a second time. Should I say yes to append new aliases or not? Are the aliases which change the various commands to short names like rw removed when the tweak uninstall script is run?

I am wondering if each time I run the tweak script are aliases re-added or not?

Likewise when it asked if I have Tivo Web previously installed. I've only run your scripts after running the zipper to get bash prompt to work. If I added Tivoweb which the tweak script, then run uninstall tweak, is tivo web still there? How should the quesiton "has Tivo Web previously been installed to be answered when running an updated version of tweak script?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #943
Runch Machine

I just ran tweak.sh. It downloaded ran. 30 second skip is not automatically working on the HR10-250.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:44 AM   #944
rbautch
User

What software version do you have? Did the script correctly identify your Tivo as HR10-250? Did it correctly identify your software? Navigate to /busybox and run ciphercheck, then post the results. Ver 3.0 is attached to the first post of this thread. Is that the one you used?

or

Old 12-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #945
Runch Machine

Quote:
What software version do you have? Did the script correctly identify your Tivo as HR10-250? Did it correctly identify your software? Navigate to /busybox and run ciphercheck, then post the results. Ver 3.0 is attached to the first post of this thread. Is that the one you used?
I did not use ver 3.0 attached at the beginning of this thread. The one I used did ID the receiver as the HR10-250. I have to go to work now but I will run the new script as soon as I get home.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:49 AM   #946
Runch Machine

OK, I have no patience so I decided to go to work a little later and try this now. It works great!. It recognized the software and the HR10-250. The 30 skip and sorting of the now playing list was functioning without having to activate them. Everything works great. Thank you so much for doing this. It makes using my Tivo receivers much more enjoyable. Caller ID is the best.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want me to check or if there is any way I can help.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #947
rbautch
User

Quote:
When the script is running, it says existing profile detected, do you want to append new aliases?

I've run the script in the past, then run the tweak uninstall script, then run the tweaks script a second time. Should I say yes to append new aliases or not? Are the aliases which change the various commands to short names like rw removed when the tweak uninstall script is run?
If you run the uninstall script, it will restore a backup of the profile without the aliases. So it's ok to select that option every time you run the script.

or

Old 12-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #948
Runch Machine

In the crontab section there is a question about rebooting or not. It asks if you use caller ID to say No to the reboot. Elsewhere it talks about rebooting twice a week so that the results of fake call can take effect and it won't call out. I use caller ID, wouldn't I still want the receiver to reboot twice a week? What are the pros and cons of this?

I don't use any of the features in crontab, but I think I want it to reboot itself twice a week so that the results of fake call take effect. Should I run the crontab function?

If TWP is running, does it use many resources? HD Tivo runs slow enough as it is. It seems that TWP doesn't run unless you go to that directory and start it. Is that true?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:18 AM   #949
Greencat

rbautch - Do you have a list somewhere that names the items installed with your script? You have made an excellent product. Thanks
Greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #950
merlincc
Bonafide Tivophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencat
rbautch - Do you have a list somewhere that names the items installed with your script? You have made an excellent product. Thanks
Check out post #1 of this thread!
Lifetime TiVo Subscription
merlincc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #951
rbautch
User

Quote:
In the crontab section there is a question about rebooting or not. It asks if you use caller ID to say No to the reboot. Elsewhere it talks about rebooting twice a week so that the results of fake call can take effect and it won't call out. I use caller ID, wouldn't I still want the receiver to reboot twice a week? What are the pros and cons of this?

I don't use any of the features in crontab, but I think I want it to reboot itself twice a week so that the results of fake call take effect. Should I run the crontab function?

If TWP is running, does it use many resources? HD Tivo runs slow enough as it is. It seems that TWP doesn't run unless you go to that directory and start it. Is that true?
The script doesnt ask you if you want to reboot or not, it asks if you want to force the reboots even if you are recording somehting. The reboots are scheduled for 3am, so I suggest forcing reboots if you leave a phone line connected. If you don't force reboots, they will only occur when nothing is recording at 3am (including suggestions). Not sure about TWP resources, but I suspect they don't use much unless your backing up season passes or caching channels in channelprefs.

or

Old 12-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #952
dfriedland

OK, I used the zipper and everything went fine... When I go to run the enhancement script I get the following display:

ROG Tivo-TiVo# cd /hacks
ROG Tivo-TiVo# sh tweak-uninstall.sh
Removing directories and files...
skipping TWP uninstall...
Skipping cron uninstall...
Skipping CallerID uninstall...
Skipping fakecall restore...
Skipping USB 2.0 driver restore...
No bakup profile found, skipping profile restore...
rm: /enhancements: No such file or directory
Restoring original rc.sysinit.author file
mv: rc.sysinit.author.bak: No such file or directory
No backup splash screen found, skipping splash restore...
Done!
ROG Tivo-TiVo# dos2unix tweak*
dos2unix: unique name not found
ROG Tivo-TiVo#
ROG Tivo-TiVo# sh tweak.sh
Downloading latest Enhancement script...

Downloaded main scripts successfully!

Running rbautch Hacked Tivo Enhancements...
tar: Short read
mv: /enhancements/tweak_uninstall.sh: No such file or directory
Do you want to run the "express" version (for advanced users)? [y/n]: n
tweak.sh: /enhancements/start.sh: No such file or directory
Do you want to continue? [y/n]: y

ROG Tivo-TiVo#

Any ideas??

Thanks,
David
dfriedland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #953
dfriedland

oh, I forgot that it won't wget the new script
Old 12-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #954
rbautch
User

I shouldnt have to because it's already on the Zipper tools disk. What error message did you get?

or

Old 12-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #955
dfriedland

No error messages, just what I posted above
Old 12-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #956
rbautch
User

I took out the wget commands in the Zipper version of the enhancement script to make it simpler for newbie hackers.

or

Old 12-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #957
dfriedland

Well, i re-zippered, and then used the tools CD that had the previous enhancement script, and it looks like that worked.
So now do I uninstall tweak then reinstall with the new script?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #958
dfriedland

Anyone know what options to conigure Putty with so I can get rid of using telnet?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:22 AM   #959
Greencat

I am trying to upgrade the script. I originally had a script dated 8/2/05. I ran the uninstall and it appeared to work.

Quote:
Removing directories and files...
Deleting Tivowebplus Installation...
Deleting cron Installation...
rm: /etc/passwd: No such file or directory
rm: /etc/group: No such file or directory
No bakup profile found, skipping profile restore...
Restoring original crond binary...
chmod: /rbautch-files.tgz: No such file or directory
Restoring original rc.sysinit.author file
No backup splash screen found, skipping splash restore...
Done!
mount: / is busy
I then ftp the new script, ran dos2unix, ran the script
and the script ran until it got this error
Quote:
This is a log of the script
Quote:
Original unpatched tivoapp found in /tvbin. This takes up lots of space and may
interfere with running this script. Enter r to remove it, k to keep it, or e to
exit this this script now so you can FTP it to your PC. Enter r k or e here: r
Downloading latest Enhancement script...
wget: www.mastersav.com: Host name lookup failure

Downloaded main scripts successfully!

Running rbautch Hacked Tivo Enhancements...
tar: Short read
mv: /enhancements/tweak_uninstall.sh: No such file or directory
Do you want to run the "express" version (for advanced users)? [y/n]: n
Do you want to continue? [y/n]: y
The script then went to the bash. I can't run the uninstall since it's not on the tivo.

I can't re-run the script. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:06 AM   #960
crunchpvr

Quote:
TWP is the only hack I keep in var, and it is not put back if var is wiped. I did it to balance out available disk space between var and root, and because it's simple to FTP the TWP back into var if it gets wiped. In the future, I'll fix it so that if var gets wiped it will automatically download a fresh copy from me.
Ahh, that would be cool. How about an option to run tweak.sh to only re-install TWP without the /enhancements check in the case of /var getting wiped?

Thanks for doing this BTW. I think I may have learned something by reading thru the scripts.

Another idea (to save some BW) is to look for the rbautch-files.tgz in the root 1st and if it is not there then download - this would also help those people that for one reason of another cannot get it to download.

Last edited by crunchpvr : 12-11-2005 at 07:13 AM.
crunchpvr is offline   Reply With Quote