TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2005, 06:06 PM   #781
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

get the NEWEST version. it sounds like you don't have the rbautch-files.tgz on your tivo.
the newest tweak script will download the files it needs from the internet.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #782
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed5426
any ideas? i've tried every suggestion in this thread.
If you have Win XP with SP2, make sure you follow those directions too. It could also mean that you don't have tar, or your tar binary is corrupt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:36 PM   #783
jed5426

Ok, got it, but it doesn't look like its downloading the files it needs:

Downloading latest Enhancement script...

Downloading uninstall script...
chmod: /rbatchscript/tweak_uninstall.sh: No such file or directory
chmod: /enhancements/rbautch-files.tgz: No such file or directory

Download complete!

Running rbautch Hacked Tivo Enhancements...
Do you want to run the "express" version (for advanced users)? [y/n]: n
tweak.sh: /enhancements/start.sh: No such file or directory
bash-2.02# sh tweak.sh
Downloading latest Enhancement script...

Downloading uninstall script...
chmod: /rbatchscript/tweak_uninstall.sh: No such file or directory
chmod: /enhancements/rbautch-files.tgz: No such file or directory

Download complete!

bash-2.02#
jed5426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #784
rbautch
User

Looks like it's not downloading the file archive successfully. Are you running a firewall? Another possibility is that you don't have the wget binary which downloads the file. Look for it in /busybox. Does it actually show the progress of the download as it's downloading? What model tivo do you have?

or

Old 11-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #785
slydog75
Not all that sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
I just had an idea to modify the author file to look for the TWP directory on every boot, and if it doesn't find it, automatically download a new one from my website on the fly. We'll save that for the next version.
Hmm. interesting idea.. Would there be a way to set something similar up to restore the entire var directory from .tar file if var gets wiped?
slydog75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #786
clambert11
TV Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
you can change mrv name right in tivoweb or you can run set_mrv_name.tcl from bash.
Well, I headed back today to finish up the project. The FA-120's I ordered from eBay arrived. I got 3 refurbs for $37 shipped. Not too bad I suppose. He started with 100 for sale. If anyone needs some, HERE is a link. They look brand new and come with the device cable (it's not shown in the picture).

At any rate, I digress, my Linux is poor. I know virtually nothing. What I do know is because DOS is so similar. I didn't install TivoWebPlus because he didn't have a PC connected. I brought my equipment with me to set them up.

I thought I could simply run the file by typing in the filename, much like an executable. Silly me. Didn't work. I think I may have heard the TiVo chuckle at me but I'm not sure. So I figured I'd just uninstall the tweak script and reinstall it. I guess since I had already set it up, it skipped over it in the script because the option never popped up this time.

It's not a huge deal, but I'd specifically like what I need to type to get it to run. I was in the /hacks directory and saw the file when I did a ls. It's a matter of principle more than anything at this point.

MRV worked great between his 3 units and did indeed transfer pre-zipper shows. Is there any way to make the units appear at the top of the Now Playing list as opposed to the bottom? Just curious more than anything. I didn't know if there was an option I was overlooking.

Thanks guys,
Craig
clambert11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #787
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

don't think so craig.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:37 PM   #788
sandpj

Quote:
Ok, got it, but it doesn't look like its downloading the files it needs:

Download complete!

bash-2.02#
jed: I had the same results with the new script. It appeared that the file was downloading, but checking it with the Smart FTP showed that it was zero kB. I finally just ftp'd the Enhancements file and ran tweak.

Paul
sandpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #789
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydog75
Hmm. interesting idea.. Would there be a way to set something similar up to restore the entire var directory from .tar file if var gets wiped?
Yes, that would be easy. However you would probably only want to restore the var directories with hacks in them, which would vary from user to user. Since the only thing the new script puts in /var is TWP, my original idea should suffice. If you add more hacks that need to be in /var, just put them in /enhancements/varhacks, and run the var-symlinks.sh script to set up symlinks in var that point to ../varhacks.

or

Old 11-14-2005, 10:38 PM   #790
jed5426

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpj
jed: I had the same results with the new script. It appeared that the file was downloading, but checking it with the Smart FTP showed that it was zero kB. I finally just ftp'd the Enhancements file and ran tweak.

Paul

sand...thanks, yeah that was the case for me too, but i had more problems after that...it wouldnt un tar the file, so i did it on my pc with winrar then ftp'd the files over.......well as it turns out there is more to un tar than just the main tgz file, so it didnt un tar anything...which caused twp and the usb2 drivers not to extract and load. i pulled the drive restored the usb drivers and the author file. thank god this thing backs things up!.

so i am going to address my tar issue then try again..

i have tar in busybox and tivo-bin and both are set in path.....maybe that caused some confusion...anyway i'll make sure i can un tar things and give it a go...thanks to all for your help..

i do have a question...shouldnt it append to the author file? i noticed all my original author file setting were gone - replaced by the author file created by tweak.sh?

Last edited by jed5426 : 11-14-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:05 PM   #791
jed5426

more info...looks like tivotools has some programs in there that are 0 kb's in size.

the tar i used was 0 and wget is 0?

i got the tivotools from the other forum...can anyone else confirm what size tar and wget is from that file?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:54 AM   #792
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

those are symlinks and should be 0 KB
you have /busybox and tivo-bin? those are both the same thing. Remove one of them and make sure the location of the other stays in your path.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:32 AM   #793
jed5426

strange...didn't know that...where are the files they are linked to?

i'll remove busybox and give it a try again.....
Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #794
rbautch
User

Not sure why you would have symlinks in /busybox that point to /tivo-bin, other than to keep all your hacks in a single folder. Not something a novice user would end up with. For joe to work, you need two files. The first is "joe", which should have been installed in /enhancements. The second is joerc, which is hardcoded to go in /tivo-bin, but I elected to put it in the root directory and renamed it to .joerc (added the dot). This configuration works just as well as having it in /tivo-bin.

If you followed the Zipper procedure, you should have ended up with AW's all-in-one utility set on your tools disk, and the Zipper would have un-tarred it to /busybox. Sounds like you didn't have tivotools on your tools disk, or it just didn't get copied properly. Try again.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #795
bengalfreak

You could have both (busybox and tivo-bin) installed if you hacked a version of 4.01b and then upgraded to 6.2 via slices by using Delanave's guide.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #796
jed5426

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak
You could have both (busybox and tivo-bin) installed if you hacked a version of 4.01b and then upgraded to 6.2 via slices by using Delanave's guide.

yep thats it...so question is which one SHOULD i have? I guess per rbautch i should have busybox
Old 11-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #797
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambert11
MRV worked great between his 3 units and did indeed transfer pre-zipper shows. Is there any way to make the units appear at the top of the Now Playing list as opposed to the bottom? Just curious more than anything. I didn't know if there was an option I was overlooking.

Thanks guys,
Craig
Try this

Press the advance button while in the now playing list. It is the one that is under the fast forward on the peanut remote.
This will cycle from the top of the list to the bottom in one step. It also toggles back and forth.
Human123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:59 PM   #798
bengalfreak

Quote:
yep thats it...so question is which one SHOULD i have? I guess per rbautch i should have busybox

It doesn't matter as the enhancements script works either way. If the files are still in both, pick one and make sure its in your path. Most of us use busybox.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #799
rbautch
User

Not sure off the top of my head, but I think I may call a few things specifically from /busybox. Best to move it, or symlink it. Sounds like there may already be symlinks there that point to tivo-bin.

or

Old 11-15-2005, 07:24 PM   #800
bengalfreak

Quote:
Not sure off the top of my head, but I think I may call a few things specifically from /busybox. Best to move it, or symlink it. Sounds like there may already be symlinks there that point to tivo-bin.

Hmm, I only had /tivo-bin and the version of the script that I used works fine. Although, I think I had to create /busybox and put crond in it. But I thought you fixed it so that it would work from either. Anyway, /busybox it is.

Edit: By the way, anyone have any idea why AlphaWolf changed the suggested location of the files from /busybox to /tivo-bin?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #801
rbautch
User

Wipelogs, netperf, and fakecall get called from /busybox specifically. I think I did that after someone complained that fakecall would not run otherwise, even though busybox was in their path. I may make some adjustments so you can put your tools anywhere.

or

Old 11-16-2005, 05:07 AM   #802
bengalfreak

Quote:
Wipelogs, netperf, and fakecall get called from /busybox specifically. I think I did that after someone complained that fakecall would not run otherwise, even though busybox was in their path. I may make some adjustments so you can put your tools anywhere.

You must create /busybox (if necessary) and install all three files there then?

I'd leave it in /busybox, it less confusing there.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 AM   #803
tsunami

What is the uninstall procedure before running this newest script. There is no uninstall file attached to tweak.sh
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:35 AM   #804
FastEddieG

Just wanted to say FANTASTIC job guys. I've installed Zipper with Rbautch's enhancements about a dozen times with different options just playing around with everything

I haven't opened up my HDVR2's in about 2 years, so again, thanks for making such a cool and useful setup that warranted me opening up my tivos (I won't touch my HR10-250 yet.)

Quick question, does Zipper or these enhancement tools turn off scrambling? Since I'm using MRV, and my main tivo is unscrambled, I need to ensure all are unscrambled.

Also, every time I reboot, I monitor the serial console, and consistently find the following:

Quote:
Running boot Stage G_PostApplication scripts
starting rc.sysinit.author
set environmental variables
starting telnet and ftp
starting serial bash
running fakecall
bash: no job control in this shell
bash-2.02# Running fakecall version 6
Fakecall ran successfully!
couldn't open "/var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN": read-only file system
while executing
"open /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN a"
(file "/busybox/fakecall.tcl" line 87)
EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended
ApgManager Transition from state BOOT to FAST_LOAD
Nothing big, fakecall can't write to the log due to inability to write to the fs. So, I don't know if this is the ideal fix, but I changed the fakecall reference in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author to include rw before and ro after, just as I have it below, and it seems to work fine..

####################################
echo "running fakecall"
mount -o remount,rw /
fakecall.tcl
mount -o remount,ro /
####################################

Thanks a million for everyone's efforts. This is shaping up to be a killer toolset.

-Ed

Last edited by FastEddieG : 11-17-2005 at 12:50 AM.
FastEddieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #805
Ocelot

I'm Hooked

Thanks for the great tools and scripts. I did my first hack last week using a new drive and the zipper. Since I had no Linux experience, I read like a zillion posts and than, with nerves of steel opened my RCA DVR40 and hacked away.
With all the good instructions and forum threads I was successful and now I’m hooked on hacking this thing.
Then I got the bright idea to upgrade to the new 2.6 version. I ran the uninstall script first and rebooted, downloaded 2.6 and installed it. It started fine getting the files from the web but when it went through the install it skipped over a lot of options and wouldn’t let me answer Y or N.

When it completed I lost a few things, like Tivoweb and caller ID. Couldn’t even find them in my directories. I tried again but, same thing.

I installed Tivoweb from scratch and got it working again but, I still don’t have caller ID. Most everything else seems to work. I can telnet, ftp, stream…although in Hackman, the toggle clock, and 30sec skip don’t work either.

Why does the 2.6 install skip stuff, and the stuff it skips either disappears or doesn’t work?

Ocelot
Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:50 AM   #806
rbautch
User

Follow the directions for XP SP2, and it wont skip.

or

Old 11-17-2005, 08:52 AM   #807
Ocelot

Oh....that's what I forgot this time. Thank you!
I didn't quite understand that unset crlf command. I thought it was to allow XP SP2 to be able to telnet. I didn't realize you need to do that command every time.
Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #808
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambert11
Well, I headed back today to finish up the project. The FA-120's I ordered from eBay arrived. I got 3 refurbs for $37 shipped. Not too bad I suppose. He started with 100 for sale. If anyone needs some, HERE is a link. They look brand new and come with the device cable (it's not shown in the picture).

At any rate, I digress, my Linux is poor. I know virtually nothing. What I do know is because DOS is so similar. I didn't install TivoWebPlus because he didn't have a PC connected. I brought my equipment with me to set them up.

I thought I could simply run the file by typing in the filename, much like an executable. Silly me. Didn't work. I think I may have heard the TiVo chuckle at me but I'm not sure. So I figured I'd just uninstall the tweak script and reinstall it. I guess since I had already set it up, it skipped over it in the script because the option never popped up this time.

It's not a huge deal, but I'd specifically like what I need to type to get it to run. I was in the /hacks directory and saw the file when I did a ls. It's a matter of principle more than anything at this point.

Thanks guys,
Craig
to run set mrv name
from bash
type sh set_mrv_name.tcl
Old 11-17-2005, 05:31 PM   #809
clambert11
TV Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
to run set mrv name
from bash
type sh set_mrv_name.tcl
I'm nearly positive I tried that. That's what I tried 2nd time, following the lead of running the tweak script.

Apparently I screwed it up somehow. I'll give it a whirl again the next time I am over there (which may be awhile).

Thanks for all your help.

-- Craig
clambert11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 PM   #810
rbautch
User

set_mrv is a tivosh script, not a shell script, so it runs with:
Code:
 tivosh set_mrv_name.tcl
...not
Code:
 sh set_mrv_name.tcl

or