TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #331
mgmrick
Haven't broke yet

Does this mean the R10's are hackable?

EDIT] - It's the future , and 6.1 (R10) tivoapps are supported in the '1.1' release.

Thanks
Rick
HMO,MRV,2.0 USB,CALLERID,Serial Cable,160Gig Hardrive
gunny's unguide,rbautch scripts
mgmrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:28 AM   #332
BTUx9
back?

Not that there's a software hack available publicly, no
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:22 AM   #333
kramerboy
Jelly Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmrick

EDIT] - It's the future , and 6.1 (R10) tivoapps are supported in the '1.1' release.

Thanks
Rick
I'm thinking that a hardware modification would still be in order before that patch can be applied. And I don't believe that this hardware mod something that the novice hacker could do on their own.
kramerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #334
jasch

Quote:
I've had my R10 hacked for months now (after a prom upgrade). It works great. Actually I modded at the same time a night-light S2 (TCD5400) using the same prom code.

(I had the work done by somebody with lots of soldering experience, as the procedure is a little tricky for a novice obviously)
jasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:21 AM   #335
mgmrick
Haven't broke yet

I don't own a R10 so I don't know. So after prom update, you I assume can apply all the hacks just as you would with all the other D*tivos. I just thought that meant something when they say "It's the future R10 supported."

Thanks
Rick
HMO,MRV,2.0 USB,CALLERID,Serial Cable,160Gig Hardrive
gunny's unguide,rbautch scripts
mgmrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:27 AM   #336
jasch

Quote:
I don't own a R10 so I don't know. So after prom update, you I assume can apply all the hacks just as you would with all the other D*tivos. I just thought that meant something when they say "It's the future R10 supported."
What he meant is the v1.1 of the Superpatch supports 6.1 and 7.2 units. About the future I guess it means that all sold DTivo units are not R10 (and thus 6.1)
Old 09-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #337
rbautch
User

Quote:
just a heads up, over at "DDB" there's a new superpatch-67 all that supports 6.1 and 7.2 tivoapps, also new USB2 backport drivers that now supports the Linksys USB200M(version 2)adapters, in case you wanted to include it into your scripts here
Thanks. I've been wanting to include the backported drivers for awhile, but out of respect for Jamie and ADH, I wanted to wait until I had their permission to use them. Now that I have it, I'll include them in the next version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:34 AM   #338
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasch
I've had my R10 hacked for months now (after a prom upgrade). It works great. Actually I modded at the same time a night-light S2 (TCD5400) using the same prom code.

(I had the work done by somebody with lots of soldering experience, as the procedure is a little tricky for a novice obviously)
Jasch, who did your prom socketing? Was it a friend, or someone who will do it for anybody for a fee?

or

Old 09-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #339
jasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Jasch, who did your prom socketing? Was it a friend, or someone who will do it for anybody for a fee?
It was a friend who does engineering work. But I've heard of people that has taken the tivo to repair shops to get the work done. Altough it's not cheap. I've heard quotes from $50-$100 (plus the cost of the prom kit, which is around $30-$40).

That's an expensive price tag just to be able to hack your tivo. But seeing that the alternative is to buy a probably used TiVo... it's the only way to go.

I guess it all depends on how much you want to hack it. I myself did it to MRV between my TiVo and SA units, as well as having Tivoweb, vserver (I have a MAC, so I have no TiVotoGo) and softpadding.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:18 AM   #340
ksv666

Hi,

Does this tweak work with TiVo Series 1 boxes? I tried to install it, but got and error that said tar was not found when it tried to execute. Not sure why that happened since tar was used when I upgraded my box with tivoweb and tivoftpd using Jenkins. now it is saying it is not found. Very strange. I'd reall like to install this tweak as I think I just had the memory leak problem with tivoweb. Not sure, but would like to get it installed none the less.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening? Any quidance and suggestions are welcome. Workarounds welcome too! I have full access to the web with my box and can get a reliable telnet session on the box.

Thanks,

-Kirk
Love my TiVo...
ksv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:10 AM   #341
jasch

Most of the scripts (about 95%) will only work on a S2. In fact, most of the script was designed to work for a 6.2 DTivo (altough if you have S2, most of the hacks can be applied too to your unit)
Old 09-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #342
ksv666

thanks for the heads up. Anyone have any other suggestions as to how to have the same kind of tweaks but with a series 1?

thanks....
Love my TiVo...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #343
beejpowers
Dad/Husband/Consumer

Quote:
Thanks. I've been wanting to include the backported drivers for awhile, but out of respect for Jamie and ADH, I wanted to wait until I had their permission to use them. Now that I have it, I'll include them in the next version.
sorry, are there actually a newer version of the USB2 drivers or do you just have permission to use the originals now?
or is it secret option 3: there are new drivers AND you have permission to use them?

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
HR21-700 - PRAYING for a D*TiVo Exchange program in '09
HR21-100 - PRAYING for a D*TiVo Exchange program in '09
beejpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:07 PM   #344
jsouthavalon05

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej
sorry, are there actually a newer version of the USB2 drivers or do you just have permission to use the originals now?
or is it secret option 3: there are new drivers AND you have permission to use them?
That's not what he means...
Someone ask if he (rbautch) can put those driver to his upcoming scripts, he need a permission to do that. You and I or anyone else don't need that permission as long as you just download and use them (no modify, no distribution anything)

Last edited by jsouthavalon05 : 09-19-2005 at 05:20 PM.
jsouthavalon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:14 AM   #345
beejpowers
Dad/Husband/Consumer

ok.
I thought I was missing posts over 'there'
I feel like a tourist on that board sometimes. can't find my way around at dinner even though I was there at lunch

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
HR21-700 - PRAYING for a D*TiVo Exchange program in '09
HR21-100 - PRAYING for a D*TiVo Exchange program in '09
beejpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #346
rbautch
User

Quote:
New script, latest drivers.

or

Old 09-20-2005, 01:16 AM   #347
rbautch
User

Quote:
Most of the scripts (about 95%) will only work on a S2. In fact, most of the script was designed to work for a 6.2 DTivo (altough if you have S2, most of the hacks can be applied too to your unit)
I'm trying to make the script more universal in the next release by making an initial check for software and kernel version, and tweaking the installation accordingly (harder than it sounds). Since I don't have a 7.1 box, I just need someone with 7.1 to help me test it. Preferably someone with both a 6.2 and a 7.1 Tivo. Hmmm, where can I find such a person....

or

Old 09-20-2005, 01:35 AM   #348
ksv666

OK...so I guess I am still in the days of the 486 when it comes to my TiVo, but I really don't have any plans to get a Series 2 at this point in time. I have one very nice TV with all the goodies. You need a beta tester for an original Series 1?
Love my TiVo...
Old 09-20-2005, 01:07 PM   #349
jasch

Quote:
New script, latest drivers.
Keep in mind these drivers will not work under 7.2 correctly on Gen04...
Old 09-20-2005, 01:26 PM   #350
rbautch
User

Thanks. I'll add a few lines to skip driver install if 7.2 is detected.

or

Old 09-20-2005, 01:29 PM   #351
jasch

Quote:
Thanks. I'll add a few lines to skip driver install if 7.2 is detected.
Actually, you can install on 7.2, just not on Gen04 machines. Well, not entirely true. Just replace usbcore.o on 7.2/Gen04... if you replace the other files you will get into problems (with the current release)
Old 09-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #352
rbautch
User

Is there anything disguishing about 7.2/Gen04 that I can detect? Like maybe the full software version?

or

Old 09-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #353
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
ok.
I thought I was missing posts over 'there'
I feel like a tourist on that board sometimes. can't find my way around at dinner even though I was there at lunch
That's OK. But what ever you do - don't ask them for directions. They'll just flame you and tell you to search and learn on your own.
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #354
jasch

Quote:
Is there anything disguishing about 7.2/Gen04 that I can detect? Like maybe the full software version?
You should be able to get the Platform Type using /tvbin/HpkPlatform -type

My SA (nightlight, gen04) says "ibis", my RCA DVR-40 6.2 says "trinity"

There might be another (easier) ways. Like checking for a specific file

(for example my Gen04 has /tvbin/HpkFrontPanel which my DTivos do not have)
Old 09-21-2005, 05:55 PM   #355
rbautch
User

Here's a test script that determines your software version, kernel, code name, and type of tivo. Anyone who wants to help test it: unzip the files, FTP to enhancements directory, and run swver-test.sh.
Attached Files
File Type: zip version-test.zip (1.4 KB, 29 views)

or

Old 09-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #356
rbautch
User

Quote:
Actually, you can install on 7.2, just not on Gen04 machines. Well, not entirely true. Just replace usbcore.o on 7.2/Gen04... if you replace the other files you will get into problems (with the current release)
Did you mean usbnet?

or

Old 09-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #357
jasch

Code:
Detected Tivo software version is: 6.2-01-2-321
Your software version was compiled on Linux kernel 2.4.20
Your Tivo model's code name is trinity
Your Tivo is a RID DTivo...SD-DVR80 or DVR-40
Right on.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #358
ThePhantom
Master Beta

Quote:
Here's a test script that determines your software version, kernel, code name, and type of tivo. Anyone who wants to help test it: unzip the files, FTP to enhancements directory, and run swver-test.sh.
Whoops! Only works if the directory is mounted as RW... Is it possible to redo it to write 'tivo_softwarexx' to /var/tmp instead???
ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:34 PM   #359
rbautch
User

Since it's ultimate home in the main script will mount your filesystem read-write first, this shouldn't be an issue. I like to keep things out of var.

or

Old 09-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #360
jasch

Code:
Detected Tivo software version is: 7.2.0-oth-01-2-540
Your software version was compiled on Linux kernel 2.4.20
Your Tivo model's code name is ibis
Your Tivo is a gen04 Series 2.5 standalone
On my Nightlight... If you want I can post later the output of my R10 also.