TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Ross5184

\Device\Harddisk2\DR8

I attempted to connect to my PC to play music and the tivo said that there was no playable music in the folder. I went back to the main screen and attempted it again, but this time my computer didn't show up at all. When I looked at my computer, there was a tivodesktop.exe error message that said "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR8"

My tivodesktop now shows that nothing is shared and will not let me add anything, as the error message will not close. It gives me the option of cancel, retry, and ignore, but they all result in a repeat of the error.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the tivo desktop and it worked again. Has anyone seed anything like this before? The file structure resembles linux, so I was afraid that maybe the tivo's hard drive had problems...

Last edited by Ross5184 : 04-05-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Ross5184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
brliantedj

Arrow I GET THIS SAME Windows error message '' \device\harddisk2\DR8''

Did you ever figure out this error message you're getting from windows? ...There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in the drive \device\harddisk2\dr8. I recently installed a media card reader into my PC and now I get that message at start up and I cant do any thing until I push either one of the three buttons " continue or cancel or retry" I have somehow traced it to a windows system32 process called CSRSS.EXE and it is a needed part according to some research I did on it but in some instances I read it is a worm or virus that attaches itself to your e-mail and get you password info and allows someone to access your computer.
I still can not get rid of it. Anyone with information on this or a similar problem please post here and let me know if there is a fix available anywhere. I have not tried to un-install the hardware I put in right before it started and I will try to do that but i sure would like to hear more about this from others.
Edj
brliantedj is offline   Reply With Quote