Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2005, 08:39 PM   #121
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaMo
What jersey number has been retired by the Cubs even though the player never played for the Chicago Cubs?
Jackie Robinson's 42, which has been retired by every team.

(Liked the "life, the universe, and everything" hint, but I didn't need it. )
Old 05-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #122
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman
Jackie Robinson's 42, which has been retired by every team.

(Liked the "life, the universe, and everything" hint, but I didn't need it. )
Great answer!

Now for next part - how many Cub players can you name that wore #42 before the number was retired?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Share an online coupon here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DianaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #123
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Making a pitch for Sox
Who better to break down the Cubs-Sox series than 2 broadcasters who played on both sides of town?

By Dave van Dyck
Special to the Tribune
Published May 16, 2005

For an early analysis of the White Sox-Cubs weekend series at Wrigley Field, who better to consult than two guys who have not only played for both teams but still closely follow the teams.

Steve Stone pitched for both teams and broadcast Cub games before joining WSCR-AM 670 and ESPN this year. Darrin Jackson was an outfielder for both teams and is now a broadcaster for White Sox telecasts.

They compared the North and South Sides for Chicago's biggest baseball event of the year, barring a rare postseason appearance by one of the teams, in several categories.

Click here to read the article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3127341.story
Old 05-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #124
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Now I understand why I've been getting weird Tivo search results regarding the start of the Cubs/Sox coverage on Friday.

Are you ready for some BP?
May 15, 2005

Comcast plans to come on the air at 11 a.m. Friday with batting practice. There will be no broadcasters to give blow-by-blow descriptions, just cameras to show the fans how batting practice is going for both clubs. Besides the normal cameras used during games, there will be a hand-held camera at the batting cage to bring fans closer to the action.

Read entire article at:

www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-csep15.html

Old 05-17-2005, 03:12 PM   #125
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up 1977 Cubs team

The '77 Cubs was one of the first that I really followed, so I remember more about that team than from other years.

This article mentioned one of my favorite games. I do with they'd air this one on ESPN Classics.

"On July 28 at Wrigley, the Cubs beat Cincinnati 16-15 in 13 innings in one of the city's great slugfests."

--------------

Highs—then lows—of '77 season
For a few months that year with the Cubs and Sox in first place, fans were wild with the prospect of a World Series showdown

By Paul Sullivan
Tribune staff reporter
May 16, 2005, 9:05 PM CDT

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,2446864.story

Old 05-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #126
DianaMo
Cubs fan

More tv listings for Cubs fans

This week is an odd one for Cubs related tv.

Monday and Thursdays are off days for the Cubbies. Imagine, 2 days off in the same week. Hope they make good use of them, it'll be awhile til the next one.

Tuesday's game airs on WCIU, so we non-Chicagoans can forget about watching this one. I wonder why they don't air these on Comcast Sports Chicago Plus or other way of distributing it just to those outside of the WCIU broadcasting area.

FWIW, this game will air on Fox Sports Pittsburgh starting at 6pm Central time.

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Pittsburgh Pirates" Wed 5/18 11:30 AM CSNCH

Coverage of the Cubs / White Sox series.
Get your Tivo and vcr ready. You'll need both to catch everything available.

Cross-Town Showdown Live
(batting practice, etc.)
Fri 5/20 11:00 AM CSNCH
http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/...date=5/20/2005

Showdown in the City Ken Harrison and Darrin Jackson join Dan Roan and Rich King to preview the crosstown series at Wrigley Field. Fri 5/20 12:30 PM 9 WGNSAT

MLB Baseball "Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs" Fri 5/20 1:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

MLB Baseball "Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs" Fri 5/20 1:00 PM CSNCH

RERUN: MLB Baseball "Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs" Sat 5/21 1:30 AM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs"
Sat 5/21 12:00 PM WFLD
(If you have HDTV, check the Fox HD channel for this game.)

MLB Baseball "Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs" Sun 5/22 1:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

MLB Baseball "Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs" Sun 5/22 1:00 PM CSNCH

Maximum MLB "Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs"
Sat 5/28 9:00 AM and 1:00pm SPIKETV

Maximum MLB "New York Mets vs. Chicago Cubs"
Sat 5/21 9:00 AM and 1:00pm SPIKETV

Baseball "2001 Home Run Derby" Tue 5/24 1:00 PM ESPN

Baseball "2002 Home Run Derby" From Miller Park in Milwaukee. Tue 5/17 1:00 PM ESPN

This Week In Baseball (airs before the Fox national game of the week)
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/twib/index.jsp

Handyma'am With Beverly DeJulio "Lawn Tips From Wrigley Field" Lawn care; ivy; lawn-mower maintenance; birdbath. Thu 5/26 5:30 PM PBSYOU

The Once and Future City "Chicago" The history, popular culture, architecture and social development of Chicago. Wed 5/25 12:00 AM Sat 5/28 2:00 PM Travel Channel

Source: Tivo listings (many searches)
Thanks Tivo!

Hope this is helpful. Let me know which listings you chose to watch.

Diana

Old 05-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #127
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Tuesday's game airs on WCIU, so we non-Chicagoans can forget about watching this one. I wonder why they don't air these on Comcast Sports Chicago Plus or other way of distributing it just to those outside of the WCIU broadcasting area.
I didn't realize you were out of the area...I'd be all over the DirecTv package or MLB.TV if I were.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #128
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe
I didn't realize you were out of the area...I'd be all over the DirecTv package or MLB.TV if I were.
DirecTV's version of the Extra Innings package only includes games airing on channels that DirecTV can distribute on a national basis, so if the Cubs are on WCIU and the other team is being shown on their local over-the-air broadcast affiliate or a channel DirecTV doesn't carry (i.e., the Phillies on Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia), the game won't be available in DirecTV's Extra Innings.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:12 PM   #129
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman
DirecTV's version of the Extra Innings package only includes games airing on channels that DirecTV can distribute on a national basis, so if the Cubs are on WCIU and the other team is being shown on their local over-the-air broadcast affiliate or a channel DirecTV doesn't carry (i.e., the Phillies on Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia), the game won't be available in DirecTV's Extra Innings.
Bummer.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #130
DianaMo
Cubs fan

What is Chip Caray's real name?

Lately I've been reading "The Harry Caray's Restaurant Cookbook" and the new "Cubs Nation" book which has given me ideas for new trivia questions.

Here's one I wasn't aware of before...

Old 05-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #131
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Lately I've been reading "The Harry Caray's Restaurant Cookbook" and the new "Cubs Nation" book which has given me ideas for new trivia questions.

Here's one I wasn't aware of before...

Isn't it Harry?

Old 05-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #132
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Yep. I guess he's just a chip off the...

Hey, I've got a new question for everyone here.

If you were the "powers that be" for the Cubs, what changes, rules, etc. would you make?

Eddie Vedder was asked this in that Cubs Nation book and liked the idea of marriage counseling for the players. The idea being that they would play better if they had their personal life together.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:51 PM   #133
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Yep. I guess he's just a chip off the...

Hey, I've got a new question for everyone here.

If you were the "powers that be" for the Cubs, what changes, rules, etc. would you make?

Eddie Vedder was asked this in that Cubs Nation book and liked the idea of marriage counseling for the players. The idea being that they would play better if they had their personal life together.
I would abolish the "guest conductor" for the 7th inning stretch. It's an abomination. You get a horrible version of Take Me Out to the Ball Game, often from some idiot who knows nothing about baseball or the Cubs, (i.e., Jeff Gordon was so happy to be at "Wrigley Stadium") and at the very least you have to suffer through a half inning of some interview usually with someone just sitting there plugging some show/appearence/whatever which they do INSTEAD of calling the game! I hate it!

Old 05-26-2005, 04:29 PM   #134
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Now I differ with you on that issue.

I actually like the guest conductor feature at Wrigley. Granted, the race car driver was pretty sad - you know they usually give the singers the LYRICS just in case they forget them. Since there was such a time delay between when the song ended and when Jeff's singing ended, I wonder if there was a problem with the monitors.

There is a delay between when the organ music is played and when it is heard by the crowd. If Jeff Gordan was singing along to the time delayed music outside that may have been plenty to really mess up anyone's performance.

Just a thought.

I would like to see more former Cubs as the guest conductor and others who have a Wrigley connection.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #135
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Now I differ with you on that issue.

I actually like the guest conductor feature at Wrigley. Granted, the race car driver was pretty sad - you know they usually give the singers the LYRICS just in case they forget them. Since there was such a time delay between when the song ended and when Jeff's singing ended, I wonder if there was a problem with the monitors.

There is a delay between when the organ music is played and when it is heard by the crowd. If Jeff Gordan was singing along to the time delayed music outside that may have been plenty to really mess up anyone's performance.

Just a thought.

I would like to see more former Cubs as the guest conductor and others who have a Wrigley connection.
The only concession I would make is if it is directly related to the game, and the guest can offer game insight. The guest should take a back seat to the game, not vice versa. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. It's intrusive marketing.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #136
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up

Quote:
The only concession I would make is if it is directly related to the game, and the guest can offer game insight. The guest should take a back seat to the game, not vice versa. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. It's intrusive marketing.
Intrusive marketing, I like that phrase. It describes my view of advertising on the Wrigley Field grounds. I want to see a game and not have unrelated messages interferring with my attention to the game.

I do however, want the player's names back on their jerseys. Players are people too, not just a number. I watch a part of almost every Cubs televised game that I have access to, but I still don't know the jersey numbers of my favorite players.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #137
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up

Today's Tribune has some interesting articles...

Former Cubs pitcher Matt Clement is currently on schedule to face his ex-teammates during the three-game with Boston on June 10-12 at Wrigley.
(Matt was one of my 4 fav Cubs last year)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...163may27.story

Todd Wellemeyer was seen in the clubhouse before Thursday's game, pleading with a representative of the Cubs marketing department to stop playing Van Halen's "Jump" before the opening pitch of every game.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...1,424543.story

I was thinking they they should lose the "Jump" song anyway. However, I disagree with the idea of using something more current. I'd prefer an old classic like Hey hey, holy mackerel or something like that.

You know what would be kewl? "Oh Happy Day" at the beginning of day games at Wrigley, played on the Lowry organ. I love that song.

Of course, I also want to see the Cubs wear their uniforms right, like Mark Prior and Jeromy Bernitz.

Cubs point finger--at Wrigley

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1235983.story

Here is the Sun Time's Cubs page:
http://www.suntimes.com/index/cubs.html

Comments?

Last edited by DianaMo : 05-28-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:03 PM   #138
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

Quote:
I would abolish the "guest conductor" for the 7th inning stretch. It's an abomination. You get a horrible version of Take Me Out to the Ball Game, often from some idiot who knows nothing about baseball or the Cubs, (i.e., Jeff Gordon was so happy to be at "Wrigley Stadium") and at the very least you have to suffer through a half inning of some interview usually with someone just sitting there plugging some show/appearence/whatever which they do INSTEAD of calling the game! I hate it!

Please, take me away from the outrage
By Mike Nadel Copley News Service
http://www.bcrnews.com/articles/2005...ts/sports5.txt

Sample:

Renditions by actors, musicians, athletes and other public figures have become part of Cubbieland's fabric. Some are surprisingly good. Some are predictably bad. Some --hello, Coach Ditka! -- are so bad they're good.

The worst versions are laughed at and talked about for days. Clips of Gordon saying he was happy to be at "Wrigley Stadium" and then skipping entire lines of the song were shown on CNN, ESPN and the major networks. You can't buy that kind of publicity.

I poked fun at Gordon in my column the next day. Minutes after Gordon had finished "singing," loyal reader Bill Kauzlarich of Farmington sent me an e-mail saying: "Hey, Jeff, good luck at the Daytona 450 next year!" That's precious.

Comments?

Old 05-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #139
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Question The aerodynamic Cubs

Regarding yesterday's game. Saw Todd Walker at bat. The book "Cubs Nation" described him as someone who comes in at 9am clean shaved and at 9:30am has a 5 o'clock shadow.

Now remember, I don't have access to a HD signal here, but it seemed like his forearms looked rather smooth - like a body builder's.

Then I watched the batters after him and their forearms seemed to have a similar appearance. Perhaps they're more aerodynamic this way???

The announcer's forearms didn't have that same appearance.

Then I watched the high 5 party after the game ended. (Cubs win)

{This is the best part of the game. You should hear me scream when WGN/Comcast edits this out of a game}

Wow, from what I could tell all those guys had shiny forearms. I'm sure that isn't the case, but it did look like it.

Back in the 70's, we had the "grubby Cubbies" who didn't shave. (Except for Bobby Murcer, who said he couldn't grow a beard". Could it be that this year we have the "shiny Cubbies"?

Tonight's game is scheduled to air on ESPN in both NTSC and HD. Tune in and let me know if my observations are correct. I'm sure the game will be blacked out where I live. The powers that be seem to believe that cable subscribers here should not have access to Cubs games in High definition...even thought they are paying for those channels.

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Dodgers" Mon 5/30 7:00 PM ESPNHD + ESPN

Cubs in HD ?
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=239953

Last edited by DianaMo : 05-30-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #140
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up

More tv listings for Cubs fans...

Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Dodgers" Mon 5/30 7:00 PM ESPNHD, ESPN, Comcast/CSNCH

Reairs Tue 5/31 1:00 AM CSNCH Tue 5/31 2:30 PM CSNCH

"Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Dodgers" Tue 5/31 9:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

"Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Dodgers" Wed 6/1 9:00 PM CSNCH
Wed 6/1 9:00 PM ESPN2
Rairs Thu 6/2 2:00 AM on both ESPN 2 and Comcast

"Chicago Cubs at San Diego Padres" Thu 6/2 9:00 PM 9 WGNSAT and ESPN and ESPN HD

"Chicago Cubs at San Diego Padres" Fri 6/3 9:00 PM CSNCH
re-airs Sat 6/4 1:30 AM

"Chicago Cubs at San Diego Padres" Sat 6/4 9:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

"Chicago Cubs at San Diego Padres" Sun 6/5 3:00 PM CSNCH
re-airs Mon 6/6 2:30 PM

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Mon 6/6 7:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Tue 6/7 7:00 PM 64 CSNCH
reairs Wed 6/8 2:00 AM CSNCH

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Wed 6/8 1:00 PM 9 WGNSAT ,
ESPNHD and ESPN

This doesn't make sense, but this is also listed for that day:

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Wed 6/8 2:30 PM CSNCH

Cubs Special Fri 6/10 12:30 PM 9 WGNSAT

"Boston Red Sox at Chicago Cubs" Fri 6/10 1:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

Related programs for the Sosa / Clement fans:

"2000 Home Run Derby" From Turner Field in Atlanta. Tue 5/31 1:00 PM ESPN

"1999 Home Run Derby" Taped 7/12/99 in Boston. Tue 6/7 1:00 PM ESPN

"Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox" Tue 5/31 6:00 PM ESPN
reairs Wed 6/1 2:00 AM

More programs;

The Tim McCarver Show "Donald Fehr" Executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, Donald Fehr. Check local listings

When It Was a Game II Additional home movies provide a glimpse at baseball from the late 1930s into the early '50s. Mon 6/6 10:30 AM HBO

Source: Tivo listings. Thanks Tivo!

Old 05-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #141
hefe
Rebus Philbin

I'll have a look at the HD broadcast tonight. I don't recall seeing anyone "shiny" before...

Old 05-31-2005, 04:53 PM   #142
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up

Interesting article here:

Former Sox outfielder's book slants toward witty, not nitty-gritty
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
By Steve Metsch

His new book, "Ron Kittle's Tales from the White Sox Dugout," fits his personality as a down-to-earth guy quick with a smile or joke.

<snip>

He writes about the playful Marc Hill, who would sneak tiny charges into cigarettes, causing coach Jim Leyland to jump when they exploded.

Hill was even so bold to play a prank on former President Jimmy Carter when he visited the Sox clubhouse, telling Carter he hand a phone call and then getting the prez with the old shaving-cream-on-the-earpiece trick.

<snip>

Some players shared Kittle's hard-work ethic, and remain in contact with him. One such player, Jim Rushford, played 23 games with the Brewers in 2002, and now plays Triple-A ball in the Philadelphia Phillies organization.

(I'd like to see Rushford play for the Cubs)

Kittle's longtime love of woodworking has gone from a hobby to a profession, and you can buy benches he's made from baseball bats at www.ronkittle.com .

Read entire article at:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southt...pro/311sd1.htm

Do you Tivo Sports events? (Poll)
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=242535

Old 05-31-2005, 04:57 PM   #143
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Ridiculous...ESPN-HD was blacked out because Comcast had the game. I hate these blackout rules.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:17 PM   #144
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs down

Did you see the play last night where Corey jumped for the ball against the wall, fell and eventually found the ball somewhat under him. It rather reminded me of the Larry Biittner hat trick play.

My caption for this photo is Dubois shouting out Yours! (I'm not getting that.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/...67085&team=chc

Old 05-31-2005, 05:19 PM   #145
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Did you see the play last night where Corey jumped for the ball against the wall, fell and eventually found the ball somewhat under him. It rather reminded me of the Larry Biittner hat trick play.

My caption for this photo is Dubois shouting out Yours! (I'm not getting that.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/...67085&team=chc
I think Corey just grabbed the wrong one...

Old 05-31-2005, 05:34 PM   #146
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Arrow And then there was one...

And then there was one...

Cubs 5, Dodgers 3
Ramirez's bat keeps booming
He hits home run in 3rd straight game, has 8 RBIs in last 4
By Paul Sullivan
Tribune staff reporter

May 30, 2005, 11:28 PM CDT

LOS ANGELES -- Amazing as it seems, Aramis Ramirez is the only player left on the Cubs' 25-man roster who also was on the postseason roster in 2003.

With Mark Prior, Kerry Wood and Mike Remlinger on the disabled list, Ramirez has become the last man standing from the team that came within five outs of the World Series.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,7949624.story

Old 06-04-2005, 01:59 AM   #147
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

We need some cheering up after Friday night's game, so here are some comics...

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/bl/.../17/index.html

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/bl/.../29/index.html

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/bl/.../30/index.html

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/bl/.../16/index.html

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/fw/.../29/index.html

Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #148
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Mon 6/6 7:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Tue 6/7 7:00 PM 64 CSNCH
reairs Wed 6/8 2:00 AM CSNCH

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Wed 6/8 1:00 PM 9 WGNSAT ,
ESPNHD and ESPN

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Wed 6/8 2:30 PM CSNCH

Cubs Special Fri 6/10 12:30 PM 9 WGNSAT

"Boston Red Sox at Chicago Cubs" Fri 6/10 1:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

MLB Baseball "Boston Red Sox at Chicago Cubs" Sat 6/11 2:00 PM WFLD / Fox National game of the week

"Boston Red Sox at Chicago Cubs" Sun 6/12 7:00 PM ESPN, ESPN HD
(Will probably be blacked out. Most of the Cubs games on ESPN have been blacked out so far.)

Florida Marlins at Chicago Cubs Mon 6/13 7:00 PM CSNCH
reairs Tue 6/14 2:30 PM CSNCH

Florida Marlins at Chicago Cubs Tue 6/14 7:00 PM WGNSAT 9

Florida Marlins at Chicago Cubs Wed 6/15 1:00 PM 9 WGNSAT
also listed at 1:15 PM ESPN / ESPN HD, but you know, don't hold your breath unless your color is blue.

"Chicago Cubs at New York Yankees" Fri 6/17 6:00 PM WWOR , WGN

Might be interesting...

Timeless Highlights of towns and communities with unusual sports stories; host Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Dhani Jones. Sun 6/12 4:00 AM ESPN

The Tim McCarver Show "Donald Fehr" Executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, Donald Fehr. Check local listings

SportsCentury "Michael Jordan" Fri 6/17 3:00 PM ESPNCL

NFL Yearbook "1984 Chicago Bears" ESPNCL Tue 6/21 1:30 AM

Great Hotels "Four Seasons: Chicago" The Four Seasons in Chicago is the only Midwestern hotel to receive a five-star, five-diamond rating. Tue 6/7 10:00 AM TRAV

Great Hotels "The Palmer House Hilton: Chicago" The Palmer House Hilton in Chicago is one of 26 grand palace hotels in America. Mon 6/13 10:30 AM TRAV

Pizza Wars: New York vs. Chicago New York is known for its crispy, thin-crust pizza, and Chicago, for its knife-and-fork deep dish. Mon 6/6 4:00 PM TRAV

Source: Tivo listings. Thanks Tivo!

Old 06-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #149
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:

"Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago Cubs" Wed 6/8 2:30 PM CSNCH[/i]
I believe the later time is actually accurate.

It's driving me nuts that the ESPN-HD games are always blacked out here. I don't get Comcrap in HD.

Even if I did, I'd prefer the ESPN feed. I gave them a fair shot, at least 2 months. But now I can say I really really really can't stand listening to Kasper and Brenly.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #150
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Quote:
I believe the later time is actually accurate.

It's driving me nuts that the ESPN-HD games are always blacked out here.

Even if I did, I'd prefer the ESPN feed. I gave them a fair shot, at least 2 months. But now I can say I really really really can't stand listening to Kasper and Brenly.
I like Kasper and Brenly, but I wish the engineers add some bass to their voices or have them talk closer to the microphone or do something to make their voices easier to hear. Steve and Chip's voices came in loud and clear, the new guys...not so much.

I do appreciate the manager's point of view from Brenly. We'd had a pitchers view for a long time, the change is useful.

Still, if Steve Stone or Chip Caray broadcasts a Cubs game, I'd love to hear/watch it. But you know, even though we pay our cable bills, those games will be blacked out.

I'd like to see the ESPN HD Cubs coverage, but if had the chance to choose between a daily ESPN HD Cubs game (as if) and daily Comcast/WGN games in HD (as if), then I'd go with the Comcast/WGN games because they use the full screen for HD and I like hearing the home town announcers for most of the games. But I would like to hear other announcers every now and then.

---------

A couple more Cub-toons for ya!

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/bl/.../05/index.html

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/bl/.../02/index.html

---------

So what do you think? Are the Cubs shinier than during spring training???