TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #1
getreal
postcrastinator

Bates Motel - Season 4 (spoilers)

This season of Bates Motel has stepped up Norman's crazy quotient and he is now an ominous threat to his mother and she can sense it, but her own crazy quotient prevents her from actually recognizing the glaring threat beyond a relatively mild notion that he is "a bit off".

Love Freddie Highmore's acting chops as Norman as well as Vera Farmiga as Norma.

All the subplots take a distant backseat to the Norman-Norma drama, but I am liking the hook-up between Sheriff Romero and Norma, as well as Norman's disapproval of the entire affair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
2004raptor
time to emancipate

I was just wondering the other day why I hadn't seen a thread on BM.

My wife and I watch it. This season is pretty good and I agree about the acting.

Norman was pretty driven on the last episode when he told Romero that he wasn't needed anymore and there would be a divorce.

Did I read somewhere that this season (or maybe next) was the last?

2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:43 PM   #3
David Platt
!Texas

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm really enjoying this season. I haven't heard anything about the series wrapping up soon, but as far down the path as they've gotten Norman and his psychosis, I can't imagine they'd get more than another season out of it. He's almost where he needs to be to match his crazy in the movie.

David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #4
Family

This is one of the shows I watch first. Seasons 3 & 4 have been great. The first two were a little too "high school issues" for me, but the series has really taken off as we see the development of troubled Norman.

I remember hearing they planned to wrap it up next year.

Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
nyny523
Oy

Vera Farmiga is an amazing, amazing actress.

I really love this show - and her performance is a big reason why.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #6
getreal
postcrastinator

Holy crap! Is Norma going to be revived? Will she walk and breathe once again in the flesh? Or will she now be reincarnated only through Norman?

That whole "Mr. Sandman" song/scene was eerie and haunting and very well done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #7
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Yeah that was pretty shocking! And Freddy Highmore is soooo good in this!

Was there an explanation in the movie of how his mom died?

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:35 PM   #8
David Platt
!Texas

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post

It's been years since I've seen it, but I don't believe there was an explanation. I'm going to be amazed if she's really gone this early in the show. They have a whole season left.

David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #9
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
It's been years since I've seen it, but I don't believe there was an explanation. I'm going to be amazed if she's really gone this early in the show. They have a whole season left.
But the idea that she is part of the show through Norman is intriguing and fits the movie. I was thinking for a few weeks where do they go from here? This gives the writers a chance to explore something new.

Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:07 AM   #10
BRiT wtfdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
But its only 10 episodes, not a full season at all by standard definitions (22 to 26), more like less than half a normal season left.

BRiT wtfdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #11
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post

I also hadn't seen the movie for ages. By some bizarre coincidence, I ran across the second half of the 'Psycho' movie this morning.

The explanation was that the mother and her 'male companion' were found in bed, having been poisoned, and it was taken as a murder/suicide deal. It was stated that they thought she poisoned her lover and then she took the poison, herself.

As to the show - I agree that Highmore and Farmiga are so amazing in this show. I could not imagine better casting OR better acting. I hope she's not gone.

Is it true that there will only be one more season?

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #12
shelly40

I think she is gone as a living person......

But I am sure we will still see her in Normans mind.......

Shelly

shelly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #13
zalusky

Wow no chatter about the finale last night. Definitely well done and very creepy. I couldn't get Norma out of my head. Its could have been the series finale.

I am wondering how next year will play out!

Old 05-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #14
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Wow no chatter about the finale last night. Definitely well done and very creepy. I couldn't get Norma out of my head. Its could have been the series finale.

I am wondering how next year will play out!
Just caught the last episode. I found myself laughing when Romero punched out Norman at the funeral. And that on-again-off-again wedding ring ... poor frustrated angry Romero!
Also when the creepy guy barged in with the casserole while Mother just had her eyes done! LOL!
Yes, this could have been the series finale, but it will be interesting to see a final season of "Bates Motel - The Walking Dead".

I was thinking throughout that Dylan should have been planning the funeral, but I suppose by his phone call at the end that he is somehow not even aware that his mother will not be calling him for awhile for a legitimate reason!

Old 06-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #15
danterner
Not it!

I just finished watching the finale of season 4 and, echoing the comments above, I've been loving the acting on this show. I would have been very satisfied if this had been the series finale - I had to go online to see whether it was or not. I'm equally glad to know that there are another ten episodes on the way.

Now I need to watch Psycho. It's one of those movies that I feel like I've seen because it is such a part of the cultural zeitgeist but I've never actually watched it. Time to remedy that, I think.

| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote