TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #1501
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

I've been away for a few days. I don't know that much about networking, but on my system I have a router with an address of 192.168.2.1 and my fixed IPs for the TiVos run from 192.168.2.11 through 192.168.2.15. The computers are 192.168.2.10, 20, 30, etc. and I use 192.168.2.10 as the entry point for my Orenosp reverse proxy system. I don't know if this helps or not and I hope someone else chimes in.

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #1502
thepicman
Motivated Sluggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandPaw
This is the line in hackman that's throwing the error:
Code:
catch [set procs "[exec /bin/bash -c "cat /proc/\[1-9\]*/stat"]"]
For the tcl programmers out there, you'll note that the statement is error trapped, so I don't know why it's throwing an error at all, but it is, maybe because there are several errors occuring sequentially. My guess is that there are procs that are shutting down during the course of the execution of this command, but why does it generate an error to begin with?

Any ideas out there?
The new version seems to have cured my problem. Thanks!

TPM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thepicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #1503
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Varbackup Error

PP,

I recently started getting this error when trying to to execute varbackup

varbackup: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 05:20 AM
Now backing up /var partition...please wait a few minutes
BusyBox v1.00 (2004.10.20-05:30+0000) multi-call binaryUsage: find [PATH...] [EXPRESSION]
Search for files in a directory hierarchy. The default PATH isthe current directory; default EXPRESSION is '-print'
EXPRESSION may consist of:
-follow Dereference symbolic links.
-name PATTERN File name (leading directories removed) matches PATTERN.
-print Print (default and assumed).
-type X Filetype matches X (where X is one of: f,d,l,b,c,...)
-perm PERMS Permissions match any of (+NNN); all of (-NNN); or exactly (NNN)
-mtime TIME Modified time is greater than (+N); less than (-N); or exactly (N) days
-newer FILE Modified time is more recent than FILE's
-inum N File has inode number N1 block
Action completed at 05:20 AM

Any ideas?

This is from a machine running 5.5.1. Get the same error from machine running 5.5.2.

Telneted in and tried running the command from prompt with same result.

Thanks
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #1504
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

It looks like you're running the standalone varbackup and it's using busybox with unexpected results. Or are you running it from within hackman?

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-05-2007, 08:16 PM   #1505
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
It looks like you're running the standalone varbackup and it's using busybox with unexpected results. Or are you running it from within hackman?
I get the same error whether running from Hackman, command prompt or cron. It used to run fine, trouble started recently. I haven't changed anything, other than updating to the current TWP and Hackman.

Strange...
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #1506
falstaffpac

File does not exist...

I wanted to share my experience with Hackman, as I saw at least one other person experience the same problem I was having as I was reading through the threads. The problem involves the "File does not exist..." message I received when attempting to change a programs boot load status. I've at least partially solved my problem and perhaps those of you with additional insight can help. I've outlined my experience below, as I think it is helpful. I apologize for its length.

I first installed Hackman to a hacked drive with TWP 2.0 installed. Hackman parsed my rc.sysinit.author file, identified my programs and created the hackman.cfg file. There was one small hiccup from Hackman in that I have the program ccxstream_s2 from Tivox (allows me to stream shows to my XBOX). When hackman was generating the hackman.cfg it stumbled on the ccxstream_s2 file and flashed me the following message:
Quote:
A path, pathname or startup conflict has been found...
(this message is informational, and does not indicate an error)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hackman found /var/hack/bin/ccxstream_s2 startup commands in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author
but found --unavailable-- in the file scan.
hm::ccxstreampathname has been set to /var/hack/bin/ccxstream_s2.
You may want to make adjustments if this conflict resolution was incorrect,
or perhaps resolve any multiple startup issues.
I went to preferences, selected "show boot load buttons" and was able to toggle programs boot status on/off without problem. However when I tried to start/stop ccxstream I received the following:
Quote:
There was an error starting ccxstream
bad switch "--unavailable--": must be -keepnewline or --
I then proceeded to take a look at "View Paths and Filenames" and saw the following entry:
Quote:
ccxstream /var/hack/bin/ccxstream_s2 -------
I took this to mean Hackman understood what the program "ccxstream" was, but didn't understand "ccxstream_s2" So, I renamed the file ccxstream, deleted hackman.cfg, replaced rc.sysinit.author with my original backup (pre hackman) and updated the original rc.sysinit.author to reflect the new name of ccxsteam so Hackman wouldn't complain when the hackman.cfg was created.

I started TWP/Hackman, and the hackman.cfg file was created without a hitch. I received no warning about ccxstream. The hackman console displayed all my programs. I then went to preferences and selected "Show boot load buttons" and returned to the console. When I would select a button to change the startup status of a program, I would receive:
Quote:
Editing :
File does not exist...
Hackman never replaced my original rc.sysinit.author file. I spent a LONG time troubleshooting to try and get Hackman back to where it was generating the rc.sysinit.author file again. I would occasionally see a rc.sysinit.author.draft file but it would never replace my rc.sysinit.author file.

I finally remembered the hiccup regarding ccxstream_s2 so I renamed ccxstream back to ccxstream_s2, edited rc.sysinit.author, deleted hackman.cfg and fired up TWP. Hackman.cfg was created, and I received the same notification about ccxstream_s2 as outline above, but Hackman was working again. IE it would create the rc.sysinit.author file and allow me to toggle the boot load buttons while updating rc.sysinit.author

Ok, so here is where I am:
I don't know what to do regarding ccxstream_s2, I can't get Hackman to manage it. I get:
Quote:
There was an error starting ccxstream
bad switch "--unavailable--": must be -keepnewline or --
What is really interesting is that when the file was named ccxstream, Hackman would control its ON/OFF state.

I don't know why Hackman wouldn't create rc.sysinit.author when the file was named ccxstream

Any of you guys smarter than me have any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron
falstaffpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #1507
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Don't apologize for the length of your post -- it's great to get a detailed description of what's happening...so much better than "it's not working; what do I do?"

What you describe is indeed puzzling and I'll have to take some time to try to replicate and troubleshoot the error. Stay tuned.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #1508
falstaffpac

It looks like the problem is a little bigger than ccxstream. I thought I would remove any reference to the ccxstream/ccxstream_s2 file and regenerate the hackman.cfg file. When I did, the hackman console came up fine but again it would not generate the rc.sysinit.author and I received the "file does not exist..." error.

It seems as though the ccxstream_s2 exception needs to be thrown during creation of the hackman.cfg before hackman will create an rc.sysinit.author file on my system. If I remove ccxstream_s2 or rename it to ccxstream, the hackman.cfg is created without throwing an exception and I can access the hackman console via TWP. Toggling programs ON/OFF works fine, but no rc.sysinit.author file is created.

During troubleshooting and messing with rc.sysinit scripts I did manage to FUBAR my Tivo (not a complaint) so I'm testing Hackman on a freshly installed image. I'm doing this on a DTV S2 Tivo, zippered with rbautch script hacks. I'm able to reproduce this iconsistency 100%

I'm running the following hacks: Telnet, FTP, TWP, Cron, MFS_FTP, vserver, tserver, endpad+, endpad (and occasionally ccxstream or ccxstream_s2)

Let me know if there is anything you would like me to do on my end to help.

Aaron

Also I hazard to guess the ccxstream_s2 file thowing an exception during hackman.cfg creation would have something to do with the underscore in its name. Just a hunch.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #1509
dtanforan

DVRupgrade and hackman error HR-250 6.3

I recently upgraded my HR-250 using the DVRupgrade disk version 6.3. I have tivowebplus version 1.3.1 working great. I installed hackman (after reading through the read me), and receive the below error while trying to start hackman. Any help would be appreciated.

action_hackman '/' ''
can't read "::data_dir": no such variable
while executing
"file exists $::data_dir/config/hackman.cfg"
(procedure "::action_hackman" line 7)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
dtanforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #1510
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

This is from the hackman website:
Quote:
Latest hackman Version:

The file section includes hackman Version 4.2.8 for use with TivoWeb and TivoWebPlus prior to Version 1.4. I recommend the use of the latest version of TWP with the latest version of hackman, available in the file section.
So, either use the old version of hackman or the latest version of TivoWebPlus.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #1511
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

I've released the most recent version of hackman (see sig) which fixes a bug that affected the program's ability to set apps to start on boot. Also, hackman now handles the S2 version of ccxstream. My thanks to falstaffpac for his assistance with the troubleshooting and debugging.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #1512
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Varhack Error Still

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemoosh
PP,

I recently started getting this error when trying to to execute varbackup

varbackup: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 05:20 AM
Now backing up /var partition...please wait a few minutes
BusyBox v1.00 (2004.10.20-05:30+0000) multi-call binaryUsage: find [PATH...] [EXPRESSION]
Search for files in a directory hierarchy. The default PATH isthe current directory; default EXPRESSION is '-print'
EXPRESSION may consist of:
-follow Dereference symbolic links.
-name PATTERN File name (leading directories removed) matches PATTERN.
-print Print (default and assumed).
-type X Filetype matches X (where X is one of: f,d,l,b,c,...)
-perm PERMS Permissions match any of (+NNN); all of (-NNN); or exactly (NNN)
-mtime TIME Modified time is greater than (+N); less than (-N); or exactly (N) days
-newer FILE Modified time is more recent than FILE's
-inum N File has inode number N1 block
Action completed at 05:20 AM

Any ideas?

This is from a machine running 5.5.1. Get the same error from machine running 5.5.2.

Telneted in and tried running the command from prompt with same result.

Thanks
PP, I am still experiencing this error, even with the latest release. It's happening on eight machines, all Hughes DVR2's, that used to have no problem.

Has there been any changes to busybox that you have made allowances for in Hackman?

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #1513
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

I haven't changed anything to do with varbackup and it's still working fine on my five ancient S1s. Could you PM me a copy of your hackman.cfg file?

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #1514
starmanj

Latest hackman and TWP2

Hi-
I have recently loaded the latest TWP2 and latest hackman-- tivowebplus-v2.0.0-070812.tgz and the latest from your site.

No matter what I do or how I edit the hackman.cfg, I can't get past the

"In order to activate hackman, you need to make an edit in the hackman.cfg file. Please review the ReadMe file that accompanies hackman to learn how to activate hackman."

I have read the readme's thoroughly and checked everything in the .cfg, all seems fine.

I have deleted the hackman.cfg and rebooted the tivo repeatedly.

Are there any other clues other than the cryptic "edit the .cfg" that can guide me? I do love your hackman and am grateful for its utility.

Thanks!
Starmanj
starmanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:37 PM   #1515
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanj
Hi-

I have read the readme's thoroughly and checked everything in the .cfg, all seems fine.
Apparently, not very thoroughly. Carefully re-read the section between support and troubleshooting.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #1516
starmanj

D'oh. I guess he meant it when he said read it thoroughly!
Thanks!

FYI seems the backdoor feature to enable clock has a problem:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_backdoormenu '/' ''
can't read "::MOD::hm::bd_code": no such variable
while executing
"if {$::MOD::hm::bd_code != "0"} {
puts $chan [html_link "/triage/backdoorcodes?selection=1&file=itcl" "Enable backdoors"]
puts $chan

Last edited by starmanj : 08-18-2007 at 04:22 PM.
starmanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:06 PM   #1517
JWThiers
Smartypants

Hopefully you are now fully aware of the risks involved with hackman.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #1518
haardwire

Hi Hackman. I'm new to hacking and have just managed to get my UK Series 1 Tivo connected with a Turbonet card. I have Tivowebplus, latest version, installed & cannot seem to get hackman to work at all. When I try to I get the following error message:-

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_hackman '' ''
list doesn't contain element 21
while executing
"lreplace $hm::applist $position $position "not_here" "
(procedure "checkmod" line 6)
invoked from within
"checkmod "noscramble " "myworld" 21"
(procedure "MOD::action_hackman" line 64)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
(procedure "do_action" line 19)
invoked from within
"do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
--cut here--

I'm sure I'm being thick, but I've read all I can & still can't figure out where I'm messing up. Help please.

Kind regards

Nick
Old 08-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #1519
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Be sure you have the latest version (5.5.5), have copied all the files to the TiVo properly, and made the modification to the hackman.itcl file as described in the ReadMe. If you're still getting errors, follow the troubleshooting section of the ReadMe and report results back here.

By the way, the latest version (see sig) makes SteveT's new jacket themes more legible in hackman and more aesthetically pleasing.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #1520
Soapm

I updated to 5.5.5 tonight and now ccxstream no longer appears in hackman. Any ideas how to get that back? I deleted the var/TWP/hackman.cfg file to have it look for things again, it finds ccxstream in the but I don't get a button.

Also, I just noticed my version says 5.5.2...

Last edited by Soapm : 08-23-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #1521
ssandmann

Just installed hackman 5.5.5 on my tivo. I have twp 2.0. I started twp with the console and it failed pretty early, so I changed to rw and ran it again. I get further, but it is still failing.

- [23/Aug/2007:05:40:41] saving module_cache.cfg
couldn't open "/TivoWebPlus/config/module_cache.cfg": read-only file system
while executing
"open "$::data_dir/config/$f.cfg" w"
(procedure "saveConfig" line 3)
invoked from within
"saveConfig module_cache $outs"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/load.tcl" line 573)
invoked from within
"source $source_dir/load.tcl"
(procedure "load" line 4)
invoked from within
"load 0"
(file "/TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl" line 31)
Error: The last session did not complete successfully
Exiting to prevent possible reboot loop

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ssandmann : 08-23-2007 at 01:49 AM.
ssandmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #1522
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

ssandmann, that's not a hackman error you're seeing, its a TWP error. Try wiping out all of the TWP files and starting again, this time from a /var/hack/ directory. The install will create a /var/hack/TivoWebPlus directory, along with an accessible config directory. Then install hackman.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #1523
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Soapm, I just did some work to add ccsxtream_s2 to the mix, so it looks like I messed something up. What is the exact name of the ccxstream app? How do you know the file scan is finding it...does it show up on the View Paths and Pathnames screen?

As for the version number, it will update on the second load...or at least it should.

p.s. I just tested it again on my S1 SA, and it seems to detect and display it OK.

Chebeague Island, Maine

Last edited by PortlandPaw : 08-24-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #1524
kimsan
underling

Quote:
As for the version number, it will update on the second load...or at least it should.
I wondered what triggered the version display. Nice to know.

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #1525
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

But no more...I fixed the version to display immediately on first load, just as God intended.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #1526
Soapm

Quote:
Soapm, I just did some work to add ccsxtream_s2 to the mix, so it looks like I messed something up. What is the exact name of the ccxstream app? How do you know the file scan is finding it...does it show up on the View Paths and Pathnames screen?

p.s. I just tested it again on my S1 SA, and it seems to detect and display it OK.
I got it to work, it was how the file was executed in the author file. I had it as;

cd /enhancements/varhacks/ccxstream ./ccxstream -f

I changed it to

/enhancements/varhacks/ccxstream/ccxstream -f

and hackman registeres it now.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #1527
falstaffpac

Moving telnet, FTP to rc.sysinit

I implemented the hackman option to move telnet and FTP to rc.sysinit However, when I reboot and open telnet, I've lost some bash command functionality (ls command does not work, for example). This resolves when I enter the following at bash:
export PATH=./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox:/enhancements

The line above should be called from the usersection of my hackman generated rc.sysinit.author file

I added the following lines to rc.sysinit as per the hackman documentation:

#ensure that telnet and ftp are started before rc.sysinit.author is called
[ ! -f /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author ] || /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author
echo "rc.sysinit is completed"

But, it did not resolve my problem. The hackman configuration screen via TWP has yellow bubbles next to Telnet and FTP, as one would expect. It would seem the usersection of the rc.sysinit.author file is not being processed. It would also seem the rc.sysinit.author file is otherwise processed as Hackman correctly shows start/stop states for my hacks (IE the hacks I wanted to start have in fact started).

Any suggestions?
Aaron
Old 08-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #1528
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

I put my path statement in the .profile file, which is located in the root directory. If you have joe installed, just do this
cd /
joe .profile

and add
export PATH=./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox:/enhancements

Be sure the drive is set to read/write first. That should fix it. I got this from Steve Jenkins' guide.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #1529
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

The next release of hackman will have /.profile listed among files that may be edited.

Chebeague Island, Maine
Old 08-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #1530
Soapm

Hey David, it seems like hackman is overriding my author file. Is this possible?

I can't get ccxstream to start on boot since I stopped it using hackman. There is no # in the author file yet when I hit the start button in hackman it starts right up???