TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series 1 - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #1051
aerialplug
Serious TiVo User

Thanks - I'd already spotted Sky 1 and BBC Alba - both are missing an S1 logo

I've also spotted a pallette problem with Fiver and there's something not quite right with Five (though it's rendering correctly on the TiVo screen).

As to the HD logos - I don't bother with those as TiVo can't do HD...
aerialplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #1052
nickf

A couple of logos missing for Freeview - 4MUSIC (fairly new, don't think we've ever had one for this channel), and Absolute Radio / ABSOLRA (new name for Virgin Radio). Otherwise looks good!
nickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #1053
Milhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialplug View Post
As to the HD logos - I don't bother with those as TiVo can't do HD...
Fair enough, although I use my TiVo to instruct my SkyHD box to record HD content so I still have content on my TiVo from HD channels, albeit in SD resolution.

Would it make sense to duplicate the SD logos for HD channels? I'm thinking Sky1HD in particular, and maybe the Sky HD sports channels as well. BBC HD would be nice.

Thanks again.
Milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #1054
nickf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Would it make sense to duplicate the SD logos for HD channels?
Can't you do this manually? eg before there was a separate C4+1 logo, I just copied C4-s1-p1.png to C4P1-s1-p1.png, and the same for s2-p2...
Old 10-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #1055
aerialplug
Serious TiVo User

I suggest you copy them yourself if you want them.

I can see a point for the BBC HD logo - try using the Sky EPG to search for anything firther than 3 days in the future - it's horrifically slow! I wonder if the for thcoming major upgrade to the EPG software will address this issue? Anything else, just clone the logo and give it a new callsign - it'll automatically be associated if you're using loadlogos.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #1056
Milhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf View Post
Can't you do this manually? eg before there was a separate C4+1 logo, I just copied C4-s1-p1.png to C4P1-s1-p1.png, and the same for s2-p2...
Of course, but if aerialplug can do it in the set it benefits everyone (or at least those that record "HD" content on their TiVos).
Old 10-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #1057
Milhouse

Quote:
I suggest you copy them yourself if you want them.

I can see a point for the BBC HD logo - try using the Sky EPG to search for anything firther than 3 days in the future - it's horrifically slow! I wonder if the for thcoming major upgrade to the EPG software will address this issue? Anything else, just clone the logo and give it a new callsign - it'll automatically be associated if you're using loadlogos.
Ok thanks.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #1058
Milhouse

Just a little script to duplicate any missing logos. Copy it to a directory on your tivo, chmod +x fix_logos.sh then cd to the directory containing your logos and run the fix_logos script, finally load the logos into your TiVo.

As it stands it will create logos for the following channels/call signs:

Code:
Source Logo         New Logo
===========         ========
SKY1                SKY1HD
DISCOV              DSCHDUK
SKYSP1              SKYSPHD1
SKYSP2              SKYSPHD2
SKYSP3              SKYSPHD3
FIVER               FIVERP1
SMOVPR              SKYPRHD
HORROR              HORROR1
TRUEMOV2            TRUMOV2
MOV4MEN             MOV4MP1
DISSCI              DISSCI1
WATCHUK             WATCHP1
SKYARTS             SKYART1
SKYARTS             SKYART2
SKYARTS             SKYARTHD
HALLMK              HALLMP1
GEMSTV2             GEMSTV3
C4                  C4HD
EDIT2:
  • Added SKYART1, SKYART2, SKYARTHD, HALLMP1 and GEMSTV3
  • Fixes TRUEMOV2 -> TRUMOV2
  • Fixes MTVHITS
  • Now uses sym-links instead of copying - will not overwrite existing logo files.
EDIT1: Added DISSCI1 and WATCHP1
Attached Files
File Type: zip fix_logos.zip (628 Bytes, 14 views)

Last edited by Milhouse : 10-26-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #1059
PhilG

Quote:
Based on the fact that TiVo wiped the logo database with an update yesterday, a new distribution is being worked on and will be available hopefully later today - keep your eye on this thread for more information.
I wish someone could work out how they do that - then perhaps we coudl reinstate logos without a reboot....?

Phil G
Old 10-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #1060
dogsbody
Happy Happy Joy Joy

Quote:
A beta version of 9.5.0 can now be found here.

Could you please download it and try it out - I'm sure I've made a couple of omissions or possibly forgotten to change a callsign, but it looks complete on my Now Showing screen.

Any feedback here would be appreciated and fed into 9.5.1 soon.
aerialplug, thank you again for a great service!!

Here is my feedback....

Missing logo's
WATCHP1 - Watch Plus One Hour (can be copied from WATCHUK)
HALLMP1 - The Hallmark Channel Plus One Hour (can be copied from HALLMK)
DMAXE - DMAX
DISKNOW - Discovery Knowledge
4MUSIC - 4Music
GEMSTV3 - Gems.tv 3 (can be copied from GEMSTV2)
ABSOLRA - Absolute Radio
ABSEXTRM - Absolute Xtreme
ABSCLSRK - Absolute Classic Rock
NMERAD - NME Radio

Logo errors
Processing ./UKGARD-s1-p1.png
Error: Filename suffix '-s1-p1' does not match detected type '2'ukgard-s1-p1.png
Processing ./UKGARD-s2-p2.png
Error: Filename suffix '-s2-p2' does not match detected type '1'ukgard-s2-p2.png

Purple logo's
five-tw-s2-p2.png

I hope this helps
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dogsbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:20 AM   #1061
atari_addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
Logo errors
Processing ./UKGARD-s1-p1.png
Error: Filename suffix '-s1-p1' does not match detected type '2'ukgard-s1-p1.png
Processing ./UKGARD-s2-p2.png
Error: Filename suffix '-s2-p2' does not match detected type '1'ukgard-s2-p2.png
The two logos have their labels the wrong way around.

I see that the long-standing typo MTVHITSs1-p1.png is still present.

Please see my message 913.
atari_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #1062
mrtickle

Thumbs up

Hiya

Many thanks for this updated set! It's really great to have more filled in

I'm struggling to find something that hasn't already been commented on. I think the MTVHITS problem was highlighted previously in the thread a few weeks ago, and someone else has pointed out SKY1-s1-p1.png missing (also one of the BBC Alba ones).

Here's one
256 SKYART1 Sky Arts 1
257 SKYART2 Sky Arts 2
The callsigns are now SKYART1 and SKYART2 rather than SKYARTS. Please could you copy and rename the files in the zip?

Another one is:
DISSCI1 Discovery Science Plus One Hour
At the moment I'm copying and renaming my own from DISSCI, but if you could copy and rename in the zip as has been done previously with the others that would be great :-)

My personal votes for new logos would go to (some could be the same logo duplicated):
DMAXE - DMAX
DMAXP1 - DMax Plus One
DMAXP2 - DMAX Plus Two
REDTV - Red TV
DMAXP15 - DMAX Plus 1.5 Hours
FLAVA - Flava
OMUSIC - oMusic TV
DISKNOW - Discovery Knowledge
DISKNO1 - Discovery Knowledge Plus One Hour
MILHIST - Military History
mrtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #1063
mrtickle

oops forgot
WATCHP1 Watch Plus One Hour
copy and rename the WATCHUK logos
Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 AM   #1064
Milhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickle View Post
oops forgot
WATCHP1 Watch Plus One Hour
copy and rename the WATCHUK logos
I've added DISSCI1 and WATCHP1 to my "fix logos" script from post #1058.

This script isn't ideal, but it's perhaps easier to maintain than having aerialplug duplicate logos unecessarily (maybe it could be added to the zip? All the BBC and ITV regions could be added to it eliminating the task of duplicating those logos each time they change)
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #1065
atari_addict

Quote:
I think the MTVHITS problem was highlighted previously in the thread a few weeks ago,
A whole year ago!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #1066
nickf

Quote:
This script isn't ideal
Does TiVo support soft links? Would they work better? ie distribute one copy of each distinct image, and have links from the other filenames.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #1067
Milhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf View Post
Does TiVo support soft links? Would they work better? ie distribute one copy of each distinct image, and have links from the other filenames.
Yes, I could change to softlinks instead of duplicating - I might do that in the next update if people find this script useful (although to be honest the overhead of duplicating images isn't significant at this time). Typos should be fixed in the set, but if they're not I might try and fix those also (not sure I can do anything with transposed images).
Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #1068
mrtickle

Quote:
I've added DISSCI1 and WATCHP1 to my "fix logos" script from post #1058.
Ta! But what about SkyArts?

Quote:
This script isn't ideal, but it's perhaps easier to maintain than having aerialplug duplicate logos unecessarily (maybe it could be added to the zip? All the BBC and ITV regions could be added to it eliminating the task of duplicating those logos each time they change)
My point was that aerialplug has already made copies for lots of other +1 channels and there's just a handful of extra ones to copy. C4+1 is I think a rare case where the +1 logo is actually a different image.

But with the BBC and ITV regions example you have a good point too. Perhaps a combination of the two ideas then - a script or batch file that aerialplug could run on his master set, when preparing the zip file for us all to use? There's hardly any filespace wasted in duplicating the files within the zip, and some people would forget to run it etc so my personal view is that it's simpler if they were copied and renamed by him. But he does enough work on this already so if it's a choice between no logos or having to rename a few myself of course I don't mind the latter
Old 10-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #1069
Milhouse

Quote:
That's really an error in the set which should be addressed at source but I'll add it to the script anyway (the next version will use sym links and if the target files already exist they won't be replaced with sym links).

Quote:
My point was that aerialplug has already made copies for lots of other +1 channels and there's just a handful of extra ones to copy. C4+1 is I think a rare case where the +1 logo is actually a different image.

But with the BBC and ITV regions example you have a good point too. Perhaps a combination of the two ideas then - a script or batch file that aerialplug could run on his master set, when preparing the zip file for us all to use? There's hardly any filespace wasted in duplicating the files within the zip, and some people would forget to run it etc so my personal view is that it's simpler if they were copied and renamed by him. But he does enough work on this already so if it's a choice between no logos or having to rename a few myself of course I don't mind the latter
I agree on all counts. The script I've created is really just to simplify the situation while "holes" still exist in the logo set produced by aerial - for me it's the HD channels and a few of the +1 logos that are missing and since I'm not the only one I thought I'd share my solution, particularly as the HD situation isn't going to be addressed (which is fair enough).

With the latest version of the "fix logos" script if aerial decides to fill in some of the missing logos himself then the script will automatically skip over those files.

Last edited by Milhouse : 10-26-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #1070
Milhouse

Quote:
SkyArts added - see post #1058.

EDIT: Now also fixes TRUMOV2 and MTVHITS filename typos.

Last edited by Milhouse : 10-26-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #1071
Milhouse

I've just realised that the 9.5.0 Sky set contains a filename error for TRUMOV2 which is in the set as TRUEMOV2 (the E should be removed from the filename) - this call sign is in my fix_logo script copying the logo from TRUEMOV however I'm about to change it to copy TRUEMOV2 to TRUMOV2 in advance of aerial fixing the error.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #1072
Milhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
Missing logo's
WATCHP1 - Watch Plus One Hour (can be copied from WATCHUK)
HALLMP1 - The Hallmark Channel Plus One Hour (can be copied from HALLMK)
GEMSTV3 - Gems.tv 3 (can be copied from GEMSTV2)
Added to the fix logo script in post #1058 in case aerial doesn't want to maintain duplicated logos.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:48 AM   #1073
atari_addict

Quote:
Typos should be fixed in the set, but if they're not I might try and fix those also (not sure I can do anything with transposed images).
Best sorted out at source, a minute or two's work to have it fixed for good without the need for heroic script amendments
Old 10-27-2008, 05:07 AM   #1074
CarlWalters
Yo Ho TiVo!

could the add logos .tcl script also copy any duplicate logos? Just a thought.

Many thanks to aerialplug for all the logo work - very much appreciated
CarlWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #1075
Milhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWalters View Post
could the add logos .tcl script also copy any duplicate logos? Just a thought.
It could quite easily support such a feature, but does everyone use loadlogos.tcl (I'm sure most do!) and is it worth forking it right now when not everyone might want to fill in the blanks?

I'm not a TCL expert but I'm sure the duplicate logo functionality could be added quite easily to loadlogos.tcl and operate more efficiently than my shell script hack! I guess duplicating logos could be added as a non-default option if loadlogos.tcl is forked. If people are interested in such a fork I'll start learning TCL later this week...!

Last edited by Milhouse : 10-27-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #1076
aerialplug
Serious TiVo User

Thanks for all the feedback - I'll get round to doing these mods as soon as I can. Time that I thought I had to do these over the next day or so has suddenly vanished, but hopefully soon.

for now, I'm going to avoid adding extra work in including radio stations and to be honest, I struggle to think why some of the lesser music stations need logos as TiVo can only record them blind as they don't have metadata. I realise some occasionally use TiVo to time shift these channels.

TiVo does indeed to soft linking - but Windows (on which I draw the logos) doesn't support them in the same way that TiVo does - nor does .zip . At the end of the day though, it won't affect the space used in the final logo database as each logo would still be copied for each instance.

I could at some point move over to a final stage on Linux, but at this stage that would be a lot of work.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #1077
aerialplug
Serious TiVo User

Quote:
Would it make sense to duplicate the SD logos for HD channels? I'm thinking Sky1HD in particular, and maybe the Sky HD sports channels as well. BBC HD would be nice.
As there's a demand for these, it seems, I'll duplicate the logos for the ones that are simulcast, and I'll see what I can do about new ones for the few that are different (BBC HD, Discovery, FX HD and possibly even Channe 4 HD as I rather like the straightened paper clips they use to make the "hd" bit

Let's get the original set sound first though with the fixes and mods suggested.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 AM   #1078
ColinYounger
It wasn't me.

Am I missing something here? I seem to have a lot of channels without logos on my VM lineup:

116 ITV3 ITV3
119 VMIC {VirginMedia Information Channel}
123 VIRGP1 {Virgin 1 Plus One Hour}
126 GOLDE Gold
127 GOLDP1 {Gold Plus 1 Hour}
128 DAVE {UKTV's Dave}
129 DAVEP1 {UKTV's Dave Plus 1 Hour}
130 ALIBI Alibi
139 BRAVO2 {Bravo 2}
185 FIVEUS {Five US}
186 FIVER FIVER
221 DITURBO {Discovery Turbo}
228 NGWILD {Nat Geo Wild}
237 CRINVN {Crime & Investigation Network}
267 UKGARD {UKTV Gardens}
279 GODEUR {God Europe}
311 MTVONE {MTV One}
312 MTV1P1 {MTV One Plus One Hour}
325 MTVTWO {MTV Two}
330 4MUSIC 4Music
424 MOVIE24 {movies 24}
444 FILM4 Film4
601 BBCNEWS {BBC News}
703 BABYTV {Baby TV}
716 NICKJR2 {Nick Junior 2}
731 BOOMRP1 {Boomerang (Plus 1 Hour)}
732 CNTOO {Cartoon Network Too}
742 BDIRECT {Best Direct}
755 GEMSTV3 {Gems.tv 3}
756 GEMSTV2 {Gems.tv 2}
909 BBC6 {BBC6 Music}
915 ABSOLRA {Absolute Radio}
922 CLASSFM {Classic FM}
924 PLROCK {Planet Rock}
928 MAGICFM {Magic 105.4 FM}
929 QRAD {Q Radio}
930 BBCRSMW {BBC Radio Scotland (MW)}
959 GOLD Gold
961 THEJAZZ theJazz
962 HITSRAD {The Hits Radio}

Now, I know that ITV3 and a few others are there, but why aren't they associating?

Sorry to be thick. Got man-flu and brain has stopped working.
ColinYounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:10 AM   #1079
dogsbody
Happy Happy Joy Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinYounger View Post
Am I missing something here? I seem to have a lot of channels without logos on my VM lineup:

Sorry to be thick. Got man-flu and brain has stopped working.
I had the same thing but realised I was pointing loadlogos to the wrong directory. How are you loading the logo's in? Have you rebooted TiVo?
dogsbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #1080
cwaring
VM Tivo User

I have a very different problem.

I have one programme, right at the bottom of NP that I saved from before BM existed and TW has Sky One. Of course, that channel is not currently available on VM.

So, given that I can't just import it, is there any way to change the old Sky One logo to the new one?

with the new

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

cwaring is offline   Reply With Quote