TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
paulmlemay

Why does my Roamio Plus keep forgetting Netflix login?

I have had a Tivo Roamio Plus since May.
I swear I have entered my Netflix login at least four times. The Tivo keeps forgetting it.

Is there anything I can do to make it stick?

paulmlemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
chipset

Me, too.. Drives me nuts.

chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
jth tv

No problem here.

How often do you watch Netflix ? How many devices ? I use it pretty much every day or two but only use TiVo to watch Netflix.

jth tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
MoopMeep

me too, its really annoying. I don't use Netflix all that much and maybe that's the problem but on the roamio and mini it seems to forget. None of my other devices seems to do this though.

MoopMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
paulenorrisii

I bought a remote with keyboard because of this

Same here, with a Roamio Plus. I bought the remote with a sliding keyboard because of this in order to enter my Netflix password. Still maddening!

paulenorrisii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
Having this issue as well. I only use it sporadically, so maybe it times out after a while? I've also heard that there is a limit to the number of devices you can have logged in to Netflix, so maybe logging in on one is bumping my TiVo off the list even though there are probably others I don't use at all anymore.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #7
paulmlemay

I am having the exact same problem. It is annoying.

My Apple TV doesn't forget my Netflix username and password. But I'd prefer to use the Tivo if it will remember who I am.

Any advice would be appreciated.

paulmlemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #8
BWV

I have a Roamio and 2 mini's and suffer the same fate... at least once a month I have to log in on both Amazon Prime Instant Video and on Netflix. It is not on all of the Tivo devices at the same time... but it does seem that when one of the services has to be logged into, the other does too...at least on the main Roamio.

In contrast

I have a Roku XD and entered both items about two years ago... never had to re-enter info.
I have a Roku Stick that came with my JVC TV.. same deal.. logged in 8 or 9 months ago, have not had to repeat the act yet.
Same for my PS3, my Wii, and my Droid Razr Maxx HD... logged in once.

BWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 PM   #9
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Someone suggested exiting the app when it prompts for password and open it again. I haven't had a chance to try this myself yet.

TiVo Mini (v1) x 3
Slingbox M1

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #10
BWV

I just contacted Tivo Support Chat... below is the transcript.

(I'll change my name in the conversation to "Me" and remove my address and phone number...)

I kinda feel like he hung up on me without helping at all.
I don't think I was rude or anything... I definitely was not trying to be.

Robert: Thank you for contacting TiVo, my name is Robert and I would be happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you tell me if you're an existing customer?
Me: I sure am
Me: I have a Roamio and 2 Minis
Robert: Thank you! In order to verify your identity, can you please provide the following account information?

*name on the account
*address (including city/state/zip)
*phone number

Me: Me
Me: Address Removed
Me: City State Zip removed
Me: Phone removed
Robert: Thank you for verifying your information. How may I assist you today?
Me: I use Netflix for most of my tv viewing
Me: and once a month or more, I seem to have to log in to the netflix service
Me: this also occurs with the amazon prime service
Me: i dont know how often it happens on the Minis
Me: but it does happen on them too (I dont use them as much)
Me: It isnt the accounts with the providers, as, I have a couple Roku
Me: devices, a PS3 a Wii and my Razr HD
Me: and have not had to log into any of them since i did so the first time
Me: Any ideas?
Robert: OK
Robert: Sometimes in a networking issue like that, before trying to access netflix, force connections on the TiVo
Robert: Please go to:TiVo Central>Settings and Messages > Settings > Network> then select connect to TiVo Service Now...
Robert: Try several connections
Robert: Then try Netflix
Me: So if i understand you correctly, you are saying, the next time it asks me to log in again on netflix, I should go back, go to settings, and connect to the service?
Me: instead of reentering my login info
Robert: Sure....But the step would be forcing the connections on the TiVo first
Robert: Please go to:TiVo Central>Settings and Messages > Settings > Network> then select connect to TiVo Service Now...
Robert: Then try Netflix
Robert: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me: hehehe... how will i know if Netflix isnt going to work before I actually try it?
Me: Netflix works most of the time... it isnt like it is broken and never works again...
Me: it just makes me log in again
Me: which, as i dont own the keyboard remote, is kinda a pain when i just want to watch a show
Robert: The step would be to force connections that updates the TiVo
Robert: Thank you for using TiVo Chat and have a great day!
Robert has disconnected.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #11
Arcady
Stargate Fan

That advice from the TiVo CSR is a waste of time.

TiVo Mini (v1) x 3
Slingbox M1

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #12
BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
Someone suggested exiting the app when it prompts for password and open it again. I haven't had a chance to try this myself yet.
I have tried that... it didn't work for me.

I have done the connection thing as they suggested in the chat, and that did work once, but on another occasion I had to reboot the Tivo.. so, i just re-enter my login info and move forward.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:32 PM   #13
BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
That advice from the TiVo CSR is a waste of time.
And...it didn't exactly promote my feeling of customer satisfaction either.
I was very surprised that he ended it in that manner.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #14
uptonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV View Post
And...it didn't exactly promote my feeling of customer satisfaction either.
I was very surprised that he ended it in that manner.
Same issue here. It's been an ongoing problem for 4 years in my case. It started with a cheap NeoTV. Seemed to work on other devices after I ditched that but now my Romeo, and two Minis have the exact same issue. Tivo support is lost and Netflix doesn't have any good advice either.

I have noticed that Roku is rock solid, ROCK solid...

I have a case open with Tivo as well. I hope they can get their act together.

uptonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #15
joewom

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptonight View Post
Same issue here. It's been an ongoing problem for 4 years in my case. It started with a cheap NeoTV. Seemed to work on other devices after I ditched that but now my Romeo, and two Minis have the exact same issue. Tivo support is lost and Netflix doesn't have any good advice either.

I have noticed that Roku is rock solid, ROCK solid...

I have a case open with Tivo as well. I hope they can get their act together.
It happened to me allot before some updates. Not so much now. But really it's a minor. People act like the minute it takes to enter and that min is with a regular remote is the end of the world and tivo should drop all the more important bugs they are working on to get to this meangless bug. I'm pissed off I can't just think Netflix and my tivo opens it and plays what I'm thinking come on tivo get your crap together.

Mini X6 - Lifetime
joewom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #16
BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewom View Post
People act like the minute it takes to enter and that min is with a regular remote is the end of the world and tivo should drop all the more important bugs they are working on to get to this meangless bug. I'm pissed off I can't just think Netflix and my tivo opens it and plays what I'm thinking come on tivo get your crap together.
I think your sarcasm may be misplaced here.

No one participating in this thread has mentioned "the end of the world"...or from what I read, even "sounded" angry... we just said "it makes me nuts" and "it's annoying" and "the CSR rep was very short with me and did not offer a solution". Nothing untrue, nor egregious...

I purchased these boxes and pay for the accompanying service because Tivo stated in their advertisement that in addition to recording broadcast television, among other things, it would provided "Access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, VUDU and more".

...And it does do as advertised. I just expected the more expensive Tivo units with the recurring service cost to perform at least as well as the other devices I own and pay no recurring fee for.
(Roku XD, PS3, Wii, Roku Stick, Visio smart TV, IPad, and my cell phone...none of which have the same issue nor a come with a recurring cost to maintain service)

The idea, at least for me, was to eliminate having to switch to different units for different services and have one "go to" unit that does it all nicely (as Tivo advertised). That's why I spent hundreds on Tivo hardware and continue to spend $15 a month. The fact that it does something that makes me want to go back to using the other devices is something that I feel is worth a friendly discussion with other customers that suffer the same issue.

It is not "The End of the World" to be certain... but it isn't a gross expectation for expensive, sophisticated devices like these to be able to hold onto a cached username and password for more than 3 weeks at a time, when a myriad of other devices are free of similar issue.

Add to that, that the Amazon Prime service seems to behave in the same manner as the Netflix service.

I feel it is perfectly valid for those of us who would like to, to have an open discussion about it without another member, who chose not to add anything constructive to this conversation, trying to shut us up, calling our issue a "meaningless bug" and implying that we are whining about trivia, while there are greater issues than ours that require the Tivo engineering team's full attention.

I personally don't see a huge pile of "more important issues"...
This, and the short interruption in sound when going from watching something to viewing Tivo Central, are the only two issues I have even noticed...

I think your referrence to our issue as "meaningless" and then suggesting that what we are discussing here is akin to us expecting to be able to control our Tivo's with our minds control was quite rude and uncalled for.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #17
dfreybur

It happened to us last night when the Premier rebooted after an update. Apparently it looses the settings across reboots unless explicitly saved.

My wife says she looked for a save click when she logged in a second time. The first time she didn't think to look for a save click.

dfreybur is offline   Reply With Quote