TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-12-2004, 05:29 PM   #61
vincegreco

Quote:
Originally posted by vincegreco
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

just got updated last nite and usual sps codes don't work

however, don't put the "p" at the end, put it at the beginning!

they all work that way now [psps30s-psps9s-psps pause s]

vin
just rebooted again-I was wrong-sps codes work
however, they work more often with another keypress before [play works, clear works...]

vin
Old 03-13-2004, 07:31 PM   #62
geopig

Hi,

I just picked up my Toshiba SD-H400 a week ago. I just tried to get the 30 second skip to work, using Vin's technique of either a Play or Clear before the code and got no love. After entering the code I do get three bings but the 30 second skip doesn't work.

Any additional suggestions would be great. Also, when you say rebooted do you mean just restart the media server or is there another way to reboot.

Thanks
geopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:57 PM   #63
HTH
No Avatar Selected

As I said, back-to-back entering of S-P-S codes don't always work. I find a Clear between them works. Possibly any other button may also work. 5 may even work.

My guess is that the S that ended one trips up the automata that's looking for S-P-S. It sees S-S, thinks "that's not a recognized code prefix; starting over", P ("nothing special"), S ("could be an SPS...") 3 ("S-3 isn't a code, starting over"), 0, S ("could be an SPS..."), S ("SS is not a recognized code prefix; starting over"), etc.

So separate your consecutive SPS codes with something, anything, that isn't part of an SPS code.

▘▘▀▌▌▘▀▘▌▘▀▘▙▌▐▖▙▘▙▌▌▘▙▘▙▘▟▘
▛▌▛▌▛▌▙▌▛▌▟▖▌▘▛▌▞▌▌▘▌▖▞▌▞▌▟▘

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #64
djsooner

Arrow forward button

How do you program the arrow button under the fast forward button to go forward only 30 seconds. When I hit it, it goes to the end of the recording. I know it can be done as I did it once, but can't remember how and all of a sudden, it doesn't work. I have tried to find this in the forum but couldn't. If anyone knows, please contact me. Thanks.....dj
djsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:35 PM   #65
zbigfish

Play any recording and press:

Select, Play, select, 3, 0, select

You'll hear 3 bells, and that's it.

--Z
zbigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #66
djsooner

Thanks zbigfish. This makes me so very happy and works like a charm.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:29 PM   #67
zbigfish

No problem, just glad I could help. You might want to write this down and tape it to the bottom of your recorder or something... anytime the TiVo is rebooted (either manually, or power off/on), this feature will be cleared and you'll have to enter it again.

--Z
Old 03-29-2004, 11:01 AM   #68
djsooner

Great idea. I also called DirecTV and told them. Felt maybe they could use the information as well.

Do you know why I keep getting the message that indicates it is looking at the satellite to update the system? I have had this for at least 2 weeks. It isn't listed under messages, but shows up on one of the screens.
I love TiVo. Think it is even better than "sliced bread". Thanks again...dj
Old 03-30-2004, 07:27 AM   #69
zbigfish

I'm assuming that it's checking for software updates... but I can't say for sure. I don't have a subscription, so the only reason my box connects to my network is to check/set the clock. It also may have something to do with DirectTV, but again, as I don't have this service, don't quote me on it. :-)

Anyone else reading this forum have any hints/suggestions/guesses??

--Z
Old 03-30-2004, 09:36 AM   #70
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally posted by djsooner
Do you know why I keep getting the message that indicates it is looking at the satellite to update the system? I have had this for at least 2 weeks. It isn't listed under messages, but shows up on one of the screens.
It's a known issue that's affecting all DirecTiVo units:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...0&pagenumber=1

If you have a newer "Series 2" unit (silver) then an update will come soon that should fix it. If you have an older "Series 1" unit (black) then hopefully an update will come out one day.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:25 PM   #71
katter8

Re: New Almost Complete TiVo Codes List

Hi. I've got a new tivo 4.0, and can't seem to get the speed 1 to change. i go tot he tivo "search by title" screen (to the part where you could enter the title of a film/show), and i hit enter enter 1 and the number one pops up on the search title screen, red record light does NOT go on), then i enter a speed, and it enters on the title screen too, and then i hit enter enter 1 again, and another 1 goes on the title screen. and no change to the speed. any clue what i'm doing wrong?
thanks!
jw

[quote]Originally posted by Dan203
[b]This list was borrowed from a more recent list posted by Otto over at dbsforums.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
4. Enter-Enter codes
E-E stands for "Enter Enter". The following codes must be entered in the "Search by Title"screen. These codes are generally used to set values on the Tivo. You enter the code, and the prompt will appear, along with the red recording light coming on. You then enter the value. You then enter the code again to set the value in, and the recording light will go off. It doesn't actually stop recording if you happen to be recording something, however. Entering invalid values (non-numeric) will cause your Tivo to reboot, so be careful.

E-E-1 - Gives you Speed1: prompt. Turns the record LED on (indicating the backdoor is open and can be changed?). Enter a number for how fast you want the first scan speed to run at, and then press E-E-1 again. The record LED will go out.

The last two digits of the number must be 00 for an integer multiple speed. The digits to the left of the 00 indicate how many times normal playing speed the scan is running. 300 (which is 3x) is the default Speed1 scan speed, but you can't see that, you can only enter a number. A value of "1" is super slow motion (.01x speed) Unit will revert back to default speed when rebooted.

Does not appear to work in 2.0, although the prompt is still there.
katter8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:28 AM   #72
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

You need backdoors enabled for the EE shortcuts to work, I believe. Read closer to confirm.

Only way to enable backdoors on new Series 2s is to monte them (replace the BIOS via flash) AND replace the encrypted password in the binary with a known one, say from 3.0 or whatever.
ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:45 AM   #73
katter8

can anyone confirm whether you need to have backdoor activated to make the enter-enter 1 command work? i can't find this anywhere...
thanks,
jed
katter8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:09 PM   #74
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

I just read the first post more clearly. It doesn't specifically say/confirm this, but it is written as if the backdoors-enabled state is required for ALL of the backdoors except those noted otherwise.

Anyway, I know I've done this on my S1 (with backdoors enabled) and so I think that is your problem.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:14 PM   #75
rhs

Question codes won't Stick?

have used the 30 second jump code successfully , however the code programming disappears every time i turn the unit off. is there away to make the code 'stick '?

i have a DirecTivo unit.

thanks.
rhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #76
HTH
No Avatar Selected

You don't turn a TiVo off. It is designed to be connected to the power 24/7.

▘▘▀▌▌▘▀▘▌▘▀▘▙▌▐▖▙▘▙▌▌▘▙▘▙▘▟▘
▛▌▛▌▛▌▙▌▛▌▟▖▌▘▛▌▞▌▌▘▌▖▞▌▞▌▟▘

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:33 PM   #77
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

To actually answer your question, yes the code needs to be entered after any reboot.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:33 PM   #78
mikedmeyer

I thought I read that there was a code to change the pause live tv feature increase the buffer from 30 min to 120 minutes, but I can't find the code (I tried searching). Can anyone help me?
mikedmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:42 PM   #79
loopey

There is no code for changing the live buffer.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:21 PM   #80
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
There is not a "code", but there is a software mod you can make if you are so inclined. Do a Google search on "bufferhack".
Old 06-01-2004, 09:16 AM   #81
Day1Hooked

Newbie needs help

Hello,

I'm pretty new to the whole Tivo universe, and truth be told, I sort of feel like I've been missing out now. I mean.. I've had the system for about 60 days now, and was hooked 10 minutes into actually using it.

So now I've found this message board. I've been quietly lurking the past few days, trying to figure out some of the terminology, lengo, etc... I picked up on some of them, but I still need help with a few others.

Anyway, I have 2 questions. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

First... what is "backdoor mode"? My guess is that it's a macro that you need to enable, in order to enter any of the "secret codes". But that's just a guess.

2nd.. is there a way that when I'm recording a TV show, that I can either pause during commercials (yes, to not record them) or a way that I can "fast forward" through the commercials, without having to actually hit the fast forward buttons? Like a one shot macro or something?

Thanks in advance.
Day1Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:45 PM   #82
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
First - It's a mode which enables certain features intended for testing by TiVo engineering. Some of the codes require backdoor mode, some don't.

Second - while you're recording, you can't advance into the future. But if you are watching the show "behind live", so there is recorded buffer ahead of you, you can use the 30-second-skip code to enable that feature. There is no way to "pause recording".
Old 06-02-2004, 11:12 AM   #83
jimmmyk

Do you think its a matter of time for 4.01 users to have working bd codes? I am not comfortable opening up the unit. Thanks
jimmmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:12 AM   #84
Davyburns

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.5 US and 2.5.5 UK systems: Enter "B D 2 5" and press Thumbs Up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse my stupitity but what are "B" and "D"

I tried back, and down and nothing happens.
Thanx
Davy

EDIT
While I am here, is there a way to sort recorded programs alphabeticaly, rather then by time?

Thanks Again
Old 06-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #85
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally posted by Davyburns
quote:
Excuse my stupitity but what are "B" and "D"
Go into "Pick Programs to Record" and actually type in the letters "B" and "D"

Quote:

While I am here, is there a way to sort recorded programs alphabeticaly, rather then by time?
Go to your Now Playing List and hit these buttons on the remote, 1 after the other:

[s] low
[0]
[R] ecord
[T] humbs up

A little banner will appear at the bottom, you can the hit "Info" and sort the list in any one of 3 ways... by name, by date, or by expiration. I too prefer by name.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:42 AM   #86
Davyburns

Thanks
I got the B D 2 5 to work,
cant get the
[s] low
[0]
[R] ecord
[T] humbs up
to work though. when I hit record, it makes that dunk sound. BTW is there a hack to turn off the sound effects in the Tivo?
davy
Old 06-25-2004, 11:39 AM   #87
Donbadabon
Geocacher

There is a menu option to turn off the sounds. Check under your setup menu, it should be there. You can make then Loud, Med, Soft or Off.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #88
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
BTW is there a hack to turn off the sound effects in the Tivo?
davy
No hack needed, it's right there in the preferences.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:16 PM   #89
Davyburns

Thanks, fella's
hadn't looked!!!
Still cant get my playing now list in alphabetical order though:-(

Anyone any ideaas?
Davy
Old 06-25-2004, 04:28 PM   #90
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Slow
Zero
Record
Thumbs-Up

make sure you are in the NOW PLAYING list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!