TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-19-2003, 03:39 PM   #121
tladner

#3363 . . .
tladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 05:16 PM   #122
ufo4sale

I can't believe how well were doing
Old 06-23-2003, 07:44 PM   #123
ehopper
Out for repairs

Quote:
Originally posted by ufo4sale
I can't believe how well were doing
Why? It takes trivial effort to set up one of these "petitions", it takes even less effort to "sign" it and even less than that for Directv to ignore it.

If you really want this, 3363 letters (paper letters) in the CEOs office will do a lot more than 3363 clicks on a web page.

I mean, if this makes you guys feel good, fine do it. But it's not going to accomplish anything. Making things happen requires a lot more time, effort and plain old work than 99.999% of people who gripe about things are willing to put out. (I know, I've been through it, more than once. The blank stares you get from people you ask to work are quite an education.)

This applies to DTV & HMO, politics, you name it.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #124
xtian

CEO's email address

As they don't seem to be responding to any traditional methods, how about emailing the CEO or toeher executives. Roxanne Austin shoudl hear from us, only quesiton is what is her email address? I have tried a few of the obvious ones but no luck; roxanne_Austin@directv.com etc.
xtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:43 PM   #125
ehopper
Out for repairs

Re: CEO's email address

Quote:
Originally posted by xtian
As they don't seem to be responding to any traditional methods, how about emailing the CEO or toeher executives. Roxanne Austin shoudl hear from us, only quesiton is what is her email address? I have tried a few of the obvious ones but no luck; roxanne_Austin@directv.com etc.
Here's a radical suggestion. Write your email. Print it out. Put it in an envelope. Send it to Directv in El Segundo, CA. It will get there and have a lot more impact than an email.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:42 PM   #126
norkusmark

up to 3509 signatures

seems like some significant demand. keep spreading the word.
The petition was very well written, but how do the names actually get to directv?
norkusmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #127
edrock200

Quote:
Originally posted by freff
I am in the same situation (cell phone & broadband only. no old tech phone). I have an HDVR2 and if you put pressure on directv customer service they will activate your directivo without the phone line. The conversation between myself and Directv went something like this...
Not to hijack the thread but this is quite common. ALL DTivo's with 3.0 software (which is all series 2 boxes and most series 1) will work without a phone line connection. And to make things easier just tell them you have it plugged into a phone line, they have no way of knowing whether or not it's plugged in. However, the HDVR2's do need to make one initial phone call, after that it's just warnings every now and again to hook up a phone line which are meaningless.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:07 AM   #128
enovak

Here is the latest reply I rec'd from DirecTV. I'm going to forward it to TIVO and see what they say in response.

Thank you for your inquiry. We have no information regarding putting the
Home Media Option into DIRECTV/TiVo combination units. We apologize for
any disappointment. Actually, this question would best be addressed to
TiVo themselves, as this is a TiVo (DVR) hardware matter, not a DIRECTV
one. We do know that the Home Media Option is available with the TiVo
stand alone units.

We hope this is helpful; we remain at your service!

Paul
DIRECTV Customer Service
Old 07-03-2003, 11:31 PM   #129
Sikki

How about...

I know many of us may still be in our commitment part of our directv service, or some of us have the package were Tivo service is free... If the petition is not working or gonna work, how about we cancel all extra packages(Sports, Interactive, Plus) or movies packages for a few months. This way were not putting ourselves out too much and still meeting commitments, but at the same time hitting them in the pocketbook, because I may be wrong but I think thats were they make the most money. And I think anyone would agree companies will listen to $ signs alot quicker than email or actually what the customer wants...

Just a thought....
Sikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 08:35 PM   #130
skywalkm
TiVoholic

OK, 3509 x $200 for NFL ST comes to over $700,000! I know not everyone gets it, but to DirecTV, that is still potential income they will not receive. Throw in all the other extras, it'd go over a cool million. That would say something. As a potential future DirecTV customer, I am watching what's going on to help make my decision. I really want the NFL ST, but seeing how behind they are and their reluctance to implement HMO is keeping me away.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #131
diergray

Thanks for setting this up. I hope we eventually get it.
diergray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:08 AM   #132
mmcowan

Quote:
OK, 3509 x $200 for NFL ST comes to over $700,000! I know not everyone gets it, but to DirecTV, that is still potential income they will not receive. Throw in all the other extras, it'd go over a cool million. That would say something. As a potential future DirecTV customer, I am watching what's going on to help make my decision. I really want the NFL ST, but seeing how behind they are and their reluctance to implement HMO is keeping me away.
Nice try, but DirecTV doesn't get one red cent from the NFL Sunday Ticket subscriptions. It all goes directly to the NFL. The only thing DirecTV gets out of that deal is exclusive rights. Therefore, if you want that package, you must have DirecTV. So, once they've got you as a customer, they could care less if you have the NFL package or not.
mmcowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #133
bobanon

Man, I was getting ready to order HMO. I didn't realize it wouldn't work on DirecTivos. Is it even mentioned anywhere on www.tivo.com??? I read the whole HMO FAQ... no mention of not working with DTivo's.
bobanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:58 AM   #134
BustAGroove

I called DirecTV yesterday and they said that they cannot offer HMO because the DirecTV Series 2 doesn't have the hardware to support HMO. I wonder if DirecTV's competitor's, i.e. Dish Network or ? would offer something like HMO in a combo receiver/recorder.
...and thanks for letting me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.;:+*`*,.;:+*`*+:;., ,..;:+*`*,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.

Last edited by BustAGroove : 07-10-2003 at 01:10 AM.
BustAGroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 01:17 PM   #135
ufo4sale

maybe you should ask tivo if the series2 direc tivo's could support HMO or better yet ask tivoPony.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:39 PM   #136
BustAGroove

Thanks for the suggestion ufo4sale. I sent Tivo Pony a PM and requesting that he share any info he can with the forums members in this thread.

,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.;:+*`*,.;:+*`*+:;., ,..;:+*`*,.;:+*`*+:;.,,.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:43 PM   #137
Sorcerer

I'm fairly certain that it's already been established by the folks at TiVo that the DirecTV with TiVo series 2 boxes (HDVR2 and DSR7000) *CAN* support HMO and all of its features.

The only issue is whether DirecTV will allow the "switch" to be thrown for us to buy the upgrade to this feature set.

Click here to see a post by TivoPony where he said the right folks at DirecTV know about the HMO petition, but have yet to publicly announce whether they will ever offer the HMO feature to us.

-Sorc
Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:46 PM   #138
BustAGroove

Arrow Response from Tivo Pony

"Sorry, I can't speak for DIRECTV. It's technically possible to provide HMO on the DIRECTV systems, but they haven't announced whether they'll offer HMO or not. The best I can suggest is to contact DIRECTV and let them know that you'd like to have it.

Cheers,
Pony"

Old 07-10-2003, 09:45 PM   #139
auribe14

I was just looking at the American Satellite and Orbit Satellite websites and they are both selling "Series2" DirecTivos. The Orbit site clearly references Series2, it even has the logo.
auribe14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 02:39 PM   #140
ufo4sale

This must be driving tivo crazy that directv is not offering HMO considering that over have there subs are direct tivo's.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #141
RiverRat

I'm not going to say this petition is ineffective, but I will say that what would be the MOST effective is the petition + emails + snail mails + feedback + phone calls. If you're really serious about getting HMO, then let's each and everyone use ALL these methods, not just the easiest ones.

Also, it would be nice if someone could create a form that generates a printable letter we could then send to DirecTV. People may be more apt to send a letter if they don't have to worry about what to write on their own.

- RiverRat
RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:56 PM   #142
ufo4sale

I would agree with that. I always have trouble finding the right words to say to people.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:31 AM   #143
dtaylor

has there been any progress on this issue so far???
dtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:20 AM   #144
vleisbom
Old Guy

Just signed it too (#3798).
It not an overly large number, but if you figure that only a small number of people know about the petition (Not everyone hack their tivo's) I would think it should be worthwile for them to look into this.
vleisbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:55 PM   #145
adamjs

Anyone have the text of a letter I could send directly to directv and the e-mail adress to send it to in addition to sigining the petition
adamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:46 AM   #146
wmh2
TiVo'ed since Apr'00

Quote:
Originally posted by adamjs
Anyone have the text of a letter I could send directly to directv and the e-mail adress to send it to in addition to sigining the petition
You know you can just copy and paste the text from the petition website into any text editor you like!
wmh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #147
RiverRat

Big Grin

DirecTV contact info:

DIRECTV, Inc.
P.O. Box 92600
Los Angeles, CA90009
Tel: 800-DIRECTV
Fax: 310-964-5416
RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #148
ufo4sale

What should I say in the letter
Old 07-17-2003, 07:15 AM   #149
MarcD

Question What am I missing?? HMO

Go easy, I'm new, but what am I missing here? isn't this a service from Tivo, not Direct TV? why wouldn't it work?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:42 AM   #150
Jasonf

DirectTV owns this service. They can request Tivo to write it for them or not.
Jasonf is offline   Reply With Quote