TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
d-dub
Jami's Gameboy

Programs on TiVo Desktop appear and disappear on TiVo

Forgive me if this has come up before, but a search has come up empty.

I have a TiVo Premier and TiVo Desktop Plus 2.8.3. I recently replaced the hard drive in the TiVo, so I transferred all the recorded programs to the Desktop, and now I'm trying to copy them back.

If I transfer single programs, everything works.

However, when I try to transfer programs in folders, all eps show up initially, but after adding the first episode to the transfer list and returning to the folder, TiVo now reports that the folder is empty. Hopping back another level to the Desktop list shows that that too is empty. If I do some other things and come back later, the program list is again visible, but the same thing happens if I transfer a program from a folder.

Is this just a bug in Desktop, or is there something I can do to work around this?

Now with improved joystick action!
World's Luckiest Guy (TM)

-- David --
d-dub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You can only transfer 1 show at a time. Any other transfers should be on the Todo list and gets transferred when the previous is done.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
d-dub
Jami's Gameboy

I know how program transfers work. The problem is, after I start the transfer of one program, when I go back to the folder listing ont the TiVo Desktop folder, all the programs have disappeared and TiVo reports that the folder is empty.

-- David --
Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

In Tivo Desktop you can try switching the discovery protocol.
If you are using Bonjour, try switching to TiVo Beacon (or vice versa).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TiVo Desktop Screenshot.JPG (32.4 KB, 36 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
d-dub
Jami's Gameboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
In Tivo Desktop you can try switching the discovery protocol.
If you are using Bonjour, try switching to TiVo Beacon (or vice versa).
Done this already. Even though the TiVo Desktop docs say to only use Bonjour and never Beacon, if I set this to Bonjour, Desktop only sees my 7 year old Humax TiVo, but not my 3 year old S2 or my Premier. Setting it to Beacon allows it to see all three.

The other problem I discovered yesterday is that when I transfer programs from Desktop to my Premier (they were all copied from the Premier to Desktop before I replaced the hard drive), all episodes of a program show how as simply "program name", without the episode title, and they don't get put into a folder (even though browsing to them to initiate the transfer shows them in folders with each program presented using the episode name).

For example, I transferred 6 30 Rock eps back to the premier, and there were 6 entries titled "30 Rock" in the Now Playing list, with no folder. Ep titles show up if you click on one.

I tried turning folders off and back on on the Premiere, but that had no effect.

-- David --
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-dub View Post
... TiVo now reports that the folder is empty. Hopping back another level to the Desktop list shows that that too is empty. If I do some other things and come back later, the program list is again visible
You can see this sort of thing in the main NPL sometimes -- usually it's after you delete a show in a folder, when the TiVo will incorrectly report that the folder is empty. So I'd tend to place the bug on the TiVo side rather than in TD. But, you could always try pyTivo and see if it helps. (I don't believe I've observed this behavior while using pyTivo, but in the same situation, I will sometimes be sent back to the wrong place in the file hierarchy.)

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote