TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
LeeHarvey

Smile Lost local channels - T60 and DSR6000 - fixed with 3.5d

Been a member here since 2002, and my last post was back in 2008.

I've been anxiously following the local channel saga for a number of months. Both my Tivos, a Philips DSR6000 and a SonyT60, lost their local channels more than a month ago. I didn't bother calling up DirecTV to complain - it seemed like a waste of time from what others had said. Anyway...

For the first time since 2007, that was 2048 days according to the nag messages, I had both Tivo's make their daily call. They downloaded, and prompted "pending restart" after the call was complete. When restarted, both installed 3.5d and they had their local channels back.

I checked System Information for their latest service data update. The DSR6000 got its update on Sept. 30th, and the T60 on Oct. 1.

Thought it would be good to post my experience here. All is not lost for us old school DirecTivo users.
LeeHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
nmiller855

Did you get all of your locals back? I got all but 2 channels after I upgraded to 3.5d.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
LeeHarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
Did you get all of your locals back? I got all but 2 channels after I upgraded to 3.5d.
We've lots of local channels in the SF Bay Area. The ones I care about - NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, and PBS - are all back, amongst a whole bunch of others. I couldn't be sure that all stations came back.
LeeHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote