TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
bthrelkeld777

Question Help with HD install in Directv TRH22

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding upgrading the hard drive on the DirecTV TiVo THR22. When I removed the black bracket that holds the hard drive I foolishly did not notice where the black wire was going. You know the wire the kind of wraps around it. I know it goes back in the little ridges along the sides of the black bracket but the ridges end at the separator panel piece and after that I'm not sure where it went. It drove me nuts I couldn't find where that little brass socket thingy at the end was supposed to go. So I routed the wire underneath the separator panel to the other side and sort of wrapped it around one of the posts holding the fan wire and left the little brass thing just sort of in the air. I'm guessing it has something to do with measuring the temperature. The new 2TB WD AV-GP (WD20EURS) HD I put in has worked flawlessly. Absolutely nothing wrong, it shows 42°C in the system information, pretty normal.

So the question really is where should that brass thingy have ended up? Opening it back up is no big deal for me, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be any reason to unless someone here to give me information otherwise.

Thank you so much.
bthrelkeld777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
That wire is for the RF remote antenna. If you're not using the RF feature of the remote, you can ignore it. The corresponding socket is approximately in the center of the motherboard.