TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
Agatha Mystery

Bates Motel S01E02

Interesting episode. The other son is interesting. He is obviously going to start trouble. I think he likes Norma as well as Norman (if you catch my drift) but is angry about it and jealous of Norman.

Again we get Norma showing her body to Norman and get to see his reaction. It is all very weird.

So Emma was able to type in pictograms for translation? Not buying it. I'm guessing it was too much hassle to explain, so they just glossed over it.

The cops and the town "taking care of things" is a little dark. I wonder how long before they protect Norma instead of prosecuting her.

I do like how we have all of these unexplained things. Makes me want to continue watching. I find it interesting how the set designer uses all of these things that are old, kind of a throw back to the original movie. The school teacher wears Peter Pan collars and cardigans. She looks like she stepped out of the fifties. Norman was watching black and white TV, the record player was a seriously old system. I didn't recognize the song, but I bet it was appropriately old.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I just about dropped when I realized who the teacher was, it's the Blue Fairy from Once Upon A Time...

Old 03-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
danterner
Not it!

I enjoyed this episode, as well. I like that the town is shaping up to be a character in its own right. A character with a dark side, no less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
DLiquid
Progressive User

I wasn't sure about this show after the first episode, but now I'm hooked. I really enjoyed this episode.

It was kind of extreme that they introduced both a human slavery (?) ring and a marijuana plantation with hostile guards in the same episode, but they're definitely creating potential for a lot of future story lines. The brother, the mother's relationship with the deputy, all good stuff.

I liked when Norman got the psycho look in his eye and grabbed the meat hammer to whack his brother in the head. It seemed like we might have Norman's first victim, but then it ends with a black eye.

When this episode ended, I was hoping I had another one recorded, because I didn't want it to end.
DLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
danterner
Not it!

It does continue to feel more like a show that should be on The CW instead of A&E, but I guess that only matters if it doesn't find an audience.
| Twitter:
Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
It does continue to feel more like a show that should be on The CW instead of A&E, but I guess that only matters if it doesn't find an audience.
Yes...this is what I was thinking, something like the Norman Diaries

Diaries

Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I'm so glad they addressed the issues in the town. I thought the girls were dressed way too nice to live in such a hick town. They were very much dressed like city girls and did not at all fit their surroundings. At least we now we sort of know why.....
Old 04-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
2004raptor

Finally watched the first two episodes last night. I kinda wish I would have went ahead and watched the movie before starting this series. Although maybe it's best that it stands on its own.

Seems good so far.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Finally watched the first two episodes last night. I kinda wish I would have went ahead and watched the movie before starting this series. Although maybe it's best that it stands on its own.

Seems good so far.
Maybe I'm just not in the right demographic, but I hated the movie. I never saw the appeal of it at all. I am enjoying the series though.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLiquid View Post
It seemed like we might have Norman's first victim
I'm not so sure about that = I suspect Norman has already done someone in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Maybe I'm just not in the right demographic, but I hated the movie.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #11
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLiquid View Post
I wasn't sure about this show after the first episode, but now I'm hooked. I really enjoyed this episode.....
Same here...and I can't remember recently when a new series did that. First ep underwhelmed me but this one hooked me, too...
Bierboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post

Not sure if I'm moozing, but I got a good laugh out of this exchange since Forum Runner doesn't display certain emoticons, like but instead writes them out like : eek :

So Cainebj's comment looked like : eek : : eek : : eek : to me, which is very onomatopoeic for the movie's shower stabbing scene.
| Twitter:
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Not sure if I'm moozing, but I got a good laugh out of this exchange since Forum Runner doesn't display certain emoticons, like but instead writes them out like : eek :

So Cainebj's comment looked like : eek : : eek : : eek : to me, which is very onomatopoeic for the movie's
Spoiler:
shower stabbing
scene.
SPOILERS!!!!!!

Bierboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
I didn't recognize the song, but I bet it was appropriately old.
"This Guy's in Love with You," by Herb Alpert of "The Tijuana Brass." The song reached number 1 on the Billboard Top 40 in May of 1968.
KyleLC is online now   Reply With Quote