TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #31
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I don't think that season two of FNL bothered me too much since I was watching the entire series over a few weeks. If I was enduring it as it originally aired, I might have disliked it more.
I think this may be why it didn't bother me too much either. I watched it for the first time in one big gulp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #32
jilter
Happy to be here.

I am the tech person in my house (I know - pathetic as the only woman in a house full of boys). So...I am constantly queuing up shows I hear are good for my husband to watch. I simply do not have the time to sit and commit to something. I had put FNL on our iPad for a vacation 2 years ago and forgot about it. Husband stumbled onto it on their last fishing trip and is hooked. I do not have the heart to tell him the above comments about Season 2. OTOH, I think I should tell him something so he stays with it. Point is -thanks to all who chimed in here so I would be forewarned. It is a perfect show for him, so thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #33
jilter
Happy to be here.

I just read in Wikipedia:

" Deleted scenes
As part of their online push for the show, NBC made the rare move of posting deleted scenes from each episode on its web site, though deleted scenes are normally held until a DVD release".

Would these scenes be included in the episodes we are viewing on Netflix?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #34
Howie
Out of Pocket

I did give up on Desperate Housewives after a few seasons. That's one of the few that I quit on. It just got too silly for me. and if my memory sticks with me correctly, I had a DVR hard drive crap out on me with a full season on in in the middle of the run. I liked what's her face that had real breasts, and they were spectacular.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #35
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilter View Post
I am the tech person in my house (I know - pathetic as the only woman in a house full of boys). So...I am constantly queuing up shows I hear are good for my husband to watch. I simply do not have the time to sit and commit to something. I had put FNL on our iPad for a vacation 2 years ago and forgot about it. Husband stumbled onto it on their last fishing trip and is hooked. I do not have the heart to tell him the above comments about Season 2. OTOH, I think I should tell him something so he stays with it. Point is -thanks to all who chimed in here so I would be forewarned. It is a perfect show for him, so thanks!
It's not as bad as this thread is making it sound. Compared to the rest of FNL, which is stellar, S2 is subpar. But compared with all TV shows, it's no different than most stuff you would see on typical broadcast dramas. There are just a couple plot points that are eyeroll worthy, but it's not the whole show and doesn't involve all the characters or actors. My guess is your husband probably won't even notice the problems that are discussed in this thread.