TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #61
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I'd love for the writers to move the sex along with Sheldon and Amy. This could be the funniest material ever.

Also, imagine Sheldon's OCD kicking-in, much to Amy's delight
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #62
Lori
Social Defective

I haven't played D&D for years. Since 93 or 94, probably.

I do, however, play many, many other games. Hollow Earth Expedition. Call of Cthulhu. Unknown Armies. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Deadlands.

There is so much good roleplaying to be done, that D&D seems...unnecessary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #63
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I think for the purposes of this show, and in many other cases, "D&D" has come to be almost genericized, and used as shorthand for any role-playing game that even vaguely resembles Dungeons and Dragons (be it either in setting or in gameplay.)
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #64
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

D&D...the Xerox/TiVo/Kleenex of the gaming world.

(How weird that Xerox and Kleenex, but not TiVo, pass the spellcheck.)
Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #65
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I think it was more than just making Amy happy. He was enjoying the game, just not getting sexual satisfaction out of it like she was.
Not unlike more than a few real life relationships..
Old 05-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #66
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I think for the purposes of this show, and in many other cases, "D&D" has come to be almost genericized, and used as shorthand for any role-playing game that even vaguely resembles Dungeons and Dragons (be it either in setting or in gameplay.)
Though he was holding a really old D&D campaign, IIRC.. ("premade dungeon" or whatever the proper term is..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #67
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Though he was holding a really old D&D campaign, IIRC.. ("premade dungeon" or whatever the proper term is..)
Module.

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #68
replaytv
deadbeat doofus

I just love the relationship agreement that Amy and Sheldon have. He agrees to certain things, as does she, and it really adds to the show for me. I love how submissive Sheldon is whenever he is bound by any agreement he signs into. Even if it is signing for a package for a neighbor or keeping secret a letter he reads. It all seems to real to me. And in a way we all have our 'relationship agreements' that we adhere too. That is what friendships and/or marriages last or don't. As when a person breaks the agreement then things unravel. And many times because a agreement isn't formalized, one party thinks the other party has agreed to something that they would never agree to.

Many times people are trying to get Sheldon to do something and failing at that. But then Sheldon asks if they are trying to justify him doing something because of a implied social law, if they say 'yes', he immediately complies with their wishes. To Sheldon everything is perfectly controlled by established accepted 'laws of human interaction.'
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote