TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
johnhjohn

After 45 days with premiere several questions

The first of July I upgraded from Series 3 to Premiere. I purchased the refurb special for 49.99. Great time to get the Premiere. At least I thought.

The issues I have are:

*When watching a recorded program, when I go to guide, to see what is on, if I hit the guide button again to return to the program, the Tivo goes to live TV, so I have to return to the recorded program and find my place.

*Using the Hulu plus, when watching a program, when I pause, the Tivo goes to live tv after less than 2 min. of pausing. Does the same thing using Stream Baby.

*We also have a Series 3 in another room, using the same antenna, it works fine. The Premiere, however, on several stations, is unwatchable. It pixelates on especially 2 channels. On my Series 3 I never had this problem Worked flawlessly.

*When switching from one recorded program to another in My Shows the Tivo will take between 3 to 10 seconds to respond to the command. I have learned the hard way to wait, otherwise the unit will perform the command numerous times resulting in unusual behavior.

*YouTube is not useable. Reading other posts, it appears that this is a common problem, and should be accepted as normal. Just thought I would mention it.

Just wondering if this performance of the Premiere is normal. If it is, I will deal with it. Tivo has saved me a ton getting rid of cable/satellite. I am, however, disappointed in the Premiere. If I were not committed to a one year contract, I would have stayed with the Series 3 HD and never "upgraded". Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
johnhjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
cmshep222

DON'T HIT GUIDE AGAIN to try to get back to your recorded program. Hit "ZOOM".

Someone helped me with this last week.
cmshep222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengtian View Post
In order to achieve the purpose of the kind means.
I agree with this.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhjohn View Post
The first of July I upgraded from Series 3 to Premiere. I purchased the refurb special for 49.99. Great time to get the Premiere. At least I thought.

The issues I have are:

*When watching a recorded program, when I go to guide, to see what is on, if I hit the guide button again to return to the program, the Tivo goes to live TV, so I have to return to the recorded program and find my place.
Works for me from the guide, but as noted above, "Zoom" is an alternative. That should work from just about anywhere.

Quote:
*Using the Hulu plus, when watching a program, when I pause, the Tivo goes to live tv after less than 2 min. of pausing. Does the same thing using Stream Baby.
Don't use Hulu at all and rarely use Streambaby, so can't speak to this.

Quote:
*We also have a Series 3 in another room, using the same antenna, it works fine. The Premiere, however, on several stations, is unwatchable. It pixelates on especially 2 channels. On my Series 3 I never had this problem Worked flawlessly.
There are a lot of reports of the Premiere having weaker tuners, especially OTA. To be fair though, you would have to try the Premiere connected where the Series 3 is.

Quote:
*When switching from one recorded program to another in My Shows the Tivo will take between 3 to 10 seconds to respond to the command. I have learned the hard way to wait, otherwise the unit will perform the command numerous times resulting in unusual behavior.
There are at least two things at work here. Your Internet speed and whether or not it has to change resolutions. Is the Premiere connected to your net wired or wireless?

Quote:
*YouTube is not useable. Reading other posts, it appears that this is a common problem, and should be accepted as normal. Just thought I would mention it.
Regular YouTube is slow on mine, but usable. Are you trying to log into a YouTube account? And once again, wired or wireless?

Quote:
Just wondering if this performance of the Premiere is normal. If it is, I will deal with it. Tivo has saved me a ton getting rid of cable/satellite. I am, however, disappointed in the Premiere. If I were not committed to a one year contract, I would have stayed with the Series 3 HD and never "upgraded". Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
If you are using the HDUI, switch to the SDUI. I use the HDUI because I like some of the features of it, but you should switch to do a real comparison. Might change everything but the reception problem.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote