TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
bananagrabbers

Question TiVo reports conflict that doesn't exist

Hi all:

I moved this summer, thus switching cable providers and line-ups. With the fall season around the corner, I noticed that all of my cable channels updated properly for my season passes (e.g. AMC, FX, etc.) but the networks did not (NBC, ABC, etc.). I am assuming this is because the local channels use the call letter identifiers, so the TiVo is confused.

This is not the main problem. I simply deleted the old season passes and recreated them.

The problem I'm having is this: in trying to recreate the season passes, I'm being given a conflict that doesn't seem to exist. I like watching the NBC comedies. My wife likes watching Glee. They are now in conflict on Thursday nights.

I figured the problem was simple. Record the NBC shows without any extensions (e.g. one minute earlier or longer) and then create a season pass for Glee that does the same. So even though The Office and Parks & Rec overlap with Glee, that should work, right? I think it works like this:

Tuner 1: The Office at 8, Parks & Rec at 8:31
Tuner 2: Glee 8-9

Instead, the TiVo tells me that Glee won't record because it overlaps with The Office. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is. Parks & Rec is the higher priority. The Office is above Glee (since Glee hasn't yet been created). But there's no conflict, right? I even checked the To Do List to make sure there aren't any other shows airing to cause this problem.

So what's happening here? Is this a fault on my end, or Tivo's?

Thanks for any help you can all share.
bananagrabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

It sounds like there is a padding issue.

If the TiVo is padding the end of The Office, and/ or the start of Parks & Recreation, then it will need both tuners to record them as the recordings will overlap (It doesn't care that they are on the same channel), shoving Glee under the bus in the process.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
lpwcomp

You're not recording "Up All Night" with perhaps a minute of padding?

Check your "ToDo" list. Maybe you can spot what is causing the conflict.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
bananagrabbers

Figured it out: not sure if this is a widely known bug, but I was doing all of this work on my iPad. For some reason, if I modify a season pass, the change never takes. Since I set-up Parks and Rec with padding, then edited it, I assumed that change took. Instead, it didn't -- not sure if it reverts, or never changes at all.

Once I deleted Parks and Rec, then re-upped on the pass without padding, I solved the problem.

Thanks for your help, guys.
bananagrabbers is offline   Reply With Quote