TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: Mad Men or Breaking Bad (or neither)?
Mad Men 30 18.63%
Breaking Bad 126 78.26%
Don't waste your time with either....watch baseball instead 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #151
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjf8 View Post
Yeah, we just watched Ep 1 of S4 last night... It's good that we don't have to sit for a year with a cliff hanger...

S5 is the last season they're doing of BB, right?
Yes, S5 is the last, but it's not like any traditional "season" of TV. It's 16 total episodes, split into two groups of 8. And the two groups were not written and filmed at the same time, as some cable split seasons are. They're entirely separate. The production of the first 8 is complete, while the writing of the second 8 is just beginning. In other words, the final 8 episodes of the show won't air until next summer.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #152
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
This is like saying "I have a winning lottery ticket, but before I get around to claiming it I want to get through this backlog of mail that has piled up on the counter."
You're opinion, but I find 2 or 3 shows that I watch during the summer better than either of those 2. I would rather spend an hour watching Royal Pains or Burn Notice or The Newsroom than either of them. Not saying they aren't good shows, but neither is as good as you all make them out to be. That's my opinion which of course I'm entitled to.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #153
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
You're opinion, but I find 2 or 3 shows that I watch during the summer better than either of those 2. I would rather spend an hour watching Royal Pains or Burn Notice or The Newsroom than either of them. Not saying they aren't good shows, but neither is as good as you all make them out to be. That's my opinion which of course I'm entitled to.
Even if it's wrong.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #154
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Even if it's wrong.
Hahahaha
Old 08-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #155
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I agree with you. It's your opinion, your time and your decision. You may watch one or the other of these shows and not enjoy them. They are not your "lottery ticket" as it were. I have a hard time following more than a few good drama/action/comedy shows at time. Breaking Bad, Suits, White Collar, Alphas, Warehouse 13 and Royal Pains are my focus this summer. Along with some throwaways like Project Runway and Top Chef that are watch while doing other stuff shows. It's all in what floats your boat, as it were.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #156
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I agree with you. It's your opinion, your time and your decision. You may watch one or the other of these shows and not enjoy them. They are not your "lottery ticket" as it were. I have a hard time following more than a few good drama/action/comedy shows at time. Breaking Bad, Suits, White Collar, Alphas, Warehouse 13 and Royal Pains are my focus this summer. Along with some throwaways like Project Runway and Top Chef that are watch while doing other stuff shows. It's all in what floats your boat, as it were.
Hahahaha, I forgot about Suits and White Collar, which I'd rather watch than either of those. Plus the wife / kids have no interest in BB or MM, and we like to watch our shows together. When my DVR is clear again, I'll probably watch a few more episodes of those two along with the 40 or 50 movies I have saved up.

I think I need about 2 weeks to do nothing but watch TV
Old 08-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #157
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I think I need about 2 weeks to do nothing but watch TV
Yeah. I think a lot of us do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote