TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
rarceneaux

Netfix and Now Showing

I could not get Netflix to show up in now playing list and did a chat with Tivo support and was told that the icon was removed in their software. Is this correct did everone loose it?
rarceneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarceneaux View Post
I could not get Netflix to show up in now playing list and did a chat with Tivo support and was told that the icon was removed in their software. Is this correct did everone loose it?
News to me. Occasional missing icon is an old well know issue, usually fixed by either forcing a connection to the TiVo mothership or rebooting.

You can get around it by using TiVo search to find a show that is on Netflix and commanding playback from that screen. (On a TiVo HD at least.)

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
rarceneaux

I have rebooted and turned it on about 5 times in the last 2 weeks and still won't show up so it may have been taking off.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
jrtroo
User

What happens if you go the long way around to access the app? Do you still have the option to add it to your NPL?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
rarceneaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
What happens if you go the long way around to access the app? Do you still have the option to add it to your NPL?
Yes the option is there to add it but it never shows up even after a few connections and a reboot.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
jrtroo
User

Can you launch the netflix app through that path?
Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
rarceneaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Can you launch the netflix app through that path?
Yes
Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
dlfl
Cranky old novice

What model TiVo is this? Just checked on my HD (Model 652160) and Netflix is on the NPL. This even though I rarely use it since I have other devices that are better Netflix clients.

and
Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
rarceneaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
What model TiVo is this? Just checked on my HD (Model 652160) and Netflix is on the NPL. This even though I rarely use it since I have other devices that are better Netflix clients.
Smae model 652
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
jgantert

Did this ever get fixed? I just re-activated my Netflix account, and can't get Netflix back into the now playing list either. It works fine from the video on demand menu. But changing the setting to add it back into the now playing menu doesn't seem to work anymore.
jgantert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Another thing that sometimes works is to force a connection to TiVo. If it works Netflix will appear on the NPL shortly after you initiate the connection.

and
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
jgantert

Tried that, still no go.
jgantert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
wesmjc

I've reactivated my Netflix account about 2 months ago. And I can't get Netflix back in my Now Playing list also. Tivo support tried resetting my DVR. They had me deactivate Netflix from the TiVo box and reactivate it again. Tried rebooting the TiVo box. Tried just about everything I and they can think of. It never shows up after making the change to show in the NPL and connecting to the TiVo service. At this point, for some reason, I don't think it will ever show up in the Now Playing list. Guess I'll just have to go through the Video on Demand menu. I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see if this ever get resolved.
wesmjc is offline   Reply With Quote