TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
lpwcomp

Family Guy & American Dad 11/04/2012

Tonight's "Family Guy" and "American Dad" are new even though my guide data doesn't indicate it.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

Weird ... my guide data shows new, but it's not recording. Looks like it might have started late due to football so I'll be able to catch some of it. Thanks for the heads-up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
sharkster

On mine, although they appeared to be new eps, it did not show them as 'new' and they were not automatically scheduled. Fortunately, I caught it earlier because I've been doing a lot of checking on my 'to do' lists since the latest update.

This sort of thing has been getting huge lately. I don't know whether it is Tivo (doubtful), Tribune Media (probably), or my cable co, Charter (possibly). I do wish they, whoever they are, would get their act together. It's not brain surgery.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

IIRC, the 11/4 episodes were originally scheduled for 10/21, but pre-empted because of a baseball game - but then inserted back into the schedule on 11/4 when Fox decided, IIRC, to move a planned 2-hour new episode of The X Factor from 11/4 to 10/31. They couldn't move the episodes to 11/11 because Fox had already advertised the 200th Family Guy episode for that night.

In case you missed the trailer at the end of last night's FG:
Spoiler:
Something happens to Stewie's time machine, and he and Brian end up watching time literally go backward - there is a report that one scene that was made (whether it ends up on Fox, on Adult Swim, or DVD-only, remains to be seen)...
Spoiler:
...is the ipecac contest in reverse

That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
mattack

Mine had generic data, IIRC.
mattack is online now   Reply With Quote