TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Can't wait for the TV season to end!!

Yeah, it's weird, but I spend the WHOLE TV season trying to catch up on shows I recorded all week, and then, by the time I catch up, the cycle starts all over again. Now, I do enjoy first run shows and all that, but, there's a certain freedom to off season viewing. Feel like a movie? Why not? Feel like watching an old series that you have on DVD? Go for it. With less clutter on my DVR I can really watch what I feel like.

I will say, I'm the type that doesn't like to be 3 or 4 episodes behind on a show I like, nor to I like to wait for the end of the season and watch a marathon of a certain show. One reason for this....I like to discuss my favorite shows here, and it's impossible to do if you have 10 episodes saved up.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

I watch a lot of baseball so shows stay piled up. And I have Breaking Bad to start as well, now we're up to date on Mad Men.

At some point I will just delete them. Smash is headed that way. I have eleven of them now on the DVR. Mrs. S. better watch them soon, or they are toast.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Peter000

Summer is like a second TV season to me. Lots of good USA network shows air then. I wish more of the "short season" shows aired during the Summer, such as Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Have to agree. We like a lot of network stuff, but nice to not have several new eps to catch up on each week.

Summer has a few regular shows for us though, like Big Brother and America's Got Talent but not near as many as fall.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I am also looking forward to the end of the season. New summer stuff will start soon, but there aren't nearly as many summer shows I follow, so that will leave more time for other stuff.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Summer means new episodes of True Blood!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
markz
Hilarity Ensues

This is the first time I have really watched complete series' after they aired. I recently completed from beginning to end, Downton Abby, Justified, and Friday Night Lights. Two of those were because on the thread here asking for good series to watch.

I have Game of Thrones ready to watch and my wife wants to start Mad Men.

I am looking forward to all the good ones getting ready to start up too, like True Blood and the USA shows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
TiVo'Brien
Multi-year Veteran

Agreed. My Netflix subscription feels like a total waste of money this time of year!
TiVo'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
David Ortiz
Yankee Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo'Brien View Post
Agreed. My Netflix subscription feels like a total waste of money this time of year!
That's what suspend is for.
David Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Is it me, or are season finales happening earlier than ever this year? It seemed like they packed Sep-Dec with more new content than usual.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Is it me, or are season finales happening earlier than ever this year? It seemed like they packed Sep-Dec with more new content than usual.
I'm always baffled by this. Sweeps are supposed to be so important, and yet so many shows don't take full advantage of all the dates in May sweeps. I've often wondered why this is.

I suspect it's because there are so many "events" during the latter half of May that the networks don't want their shows to get lost in the shuffle. But that seems to be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

On the other end of the spectrum, Community won't air it's season finale until the day AFTER the TV season ends, which is also kind of baffling.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz View Post
That's what suspend is for.
Which is probably why they're getting rid of it (though people also claim that it has to do with privacy regulations).

I wouldn't say that I "can't wait", but since I'm on my original TivoHD drive again (upgraded drive went into reboot loop -- I hope to manually somehow scavenge the partitions when drive prices some out of insane prices again)... and am recording a lot less but STILL am manually copying stuff onto an external drive I have!!

So I will hopefully use summer to start to catch up on shows.. and hopefully get "into" fewer reality shows during the summer. Since as I've said before, it seems to me that the summers have had _close_ to as much new stuff I wanted to watch as the main season. Plus, reality shows don't rerun much if at all/aren't released on DVD much.. so I feel I "have" to watch them (the ones that interest me, of course).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #13
steverm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo'Brien View Post
Iuse netflix to catch up on shows i never watched before.many are free but certain ones dont get there until a few seasons old.After reading about breaking bad here,I got hooked .Am now halfway thru season three.
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote