TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
OSXFreak

Hulu Plus Issues

Just wondering if it's ME...

I'm having a heck of a time to get Hulu to work properly on my Tivo Premiere running Software Version 14.8c-01-3-746.

It seems like it either freezes while loading the initial page, then pushes me back to the Tivo Menu.. Or it sometimes allows me to get to the Queue menu, all while not showing any images, and then after you scroll past the first few, it pushes you back to Tivo Menu.

The Tivo is hard wired, and Hulu Plus works perfect on the xBox which is also hardwired. A change of Ports on switch and cable netted same thing. Slow to no response once you get to the Hulu Plus welcome screen. Hangs while Loading...

Has anyone else had this issue?
OSXFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
viking

yup;
hulu plus and netflix work on ps3
netflix works on tivoprem, but not hulu plus
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
muzzymate

I've been getting the same thing and given up on Hulu Plus on my Tivo. INCREDIBLY slow & poorly thought out menus and always kicks me out to the main Tivo menu before I can watch a video. I haven't been able to watch a single thing on Hulu thru the Tivo because of the constant crashing and performance problems. Disappointed.

Also, can't believe the Tivo Search doesn't come up with Hulu results like it does with Netflix, Amazon, Blockbuster, etc.

For now, I'm switching back to the Xbox for Hulu Plus watching until Tivo gets it's act together. At least I got my 6 months free as promised and can use that benefit on any device..
muzzymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Myphsto

I had a similar issue, and (crossed fingers) I fixed it.
What I did was remove the device from the Hulu Plus device page on the website, uncheck Hulu Plus from the video provider list on the TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Channels > Video Provider List and reboot.
Made coffee, had a cup and when the reboot finished I added Hulu back to the video providers list and used the pairing code to add it back to the Hulu website.

So far it's been a few weeks of no issues with Hulu other than the normal commercial injection problems I see on my XBox and PS3 as well.

TiVo Premiere TCD746320 1TB lifetime
TiVo HD TCD652160 1TB lifetime
TiVo S3 TCD648250B 2TB lifetime
Philips HDR112 120GB (still kicking!) lifetime
Myphsto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
tjhusker

I had the same problem. What solved it for me was to clear out my Subscription Queue for Hulu. I had close to 700 clips in Queue and had to log in to Hulu on my pc to clear them out. Once I did that Hulu on the Tivo loaded just fine.

Hope this helps.
tjhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
dallasjeff

I am having the same EXACT issue and no one at TiVo seems to know what is going on or is able to help. It is a brand new box with the latest software update. Mine is also hardwired to be router and my internet connection is 30 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. WHat is going on ?
dallasjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
dallasjeff

Emptying queue fixed it

I had over 2,000 items in my queue. Emptying my queue fixed the problem and now it works like a charm. Now, why TiVo tries to load the entire queue is beyond me and even if it does, there should be an error message before it just quits and throws you back to the My Shows screen is beyond me. And TiVo support is utterly clueless about this feature.
dallasjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
MC Hammer

Generally, around 150-200 items in queue, you start to see performance issues.
MC Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
dreamwish

I was thinking about Hulu+, but it looks like this service keeps getting worse.
dreamwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #10
Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myphsto View Post
What I did was remove the device from the Hulu Plus device page on the website, uncheck Hulu Plus from the video provider list on the TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Channels > Video Provider List and reboot.
I'm not seeing anything called "Video Provider List" under Channels on my Premiere. All I have is "Channel List", "Channel Scan" and "Signal Strength-Cable".
Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #11
aaronwt
HD Addict

I tried this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myphsto View Post
I had a similar issue, and (crossed fingers) I fixed it.
Made coffee, had a cup and when the reboot finished I added Hulu back to the video providers list and used the pairing code to add it back to the Hulu website.

So far it's been a few weeks of no issues with Hulu other than the normal commercial injection problems I see on my XBox and PS3 as well.
and then this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasjeff View Post
I had over 2,000 items in my queue. Emptying my queue fixed the problem and now it works like a charm. Now, why TiVo tries to load the entire queue is beyond me and even if it does, there should be an error message before it just quits and throws you back to the My Shows screen is beyond me. And TiVo support is utterly clueless about this feature.
(although I only had around 200 items in my queue)
It is finally working on my Elite. The weird thing is, it had no problem working on my five , two tuner Premieres. But nothing I did would make it work on my Elite.

Thanks
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 10-23-2011 at 07:56 AM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
whompus60

I can not deal with streaming commercials. Just me I guess.
whompus60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whompus60 View Post
I can not deal with streaming commercials. Just me I guess.
I don't mind the 10 second to 30 second commercials. But when they are longer, especially over a minute it does bug me. But for certain content I don't mind watching off of Hulu+. Especially if they are the only source or if it's going to cost $2 or $3 from other sources.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote