TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
GoPackGo

Deadliest Catch OAD 5/14/2013

Never rooted for any captain as much as I'm rooting for Edgar.
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
jeepair

...whats that sound? Retch.. lol.

It appears the luck of the Northwestern is assisting Edgar.

I was thinking Keith would say fish where I am, I'm leaving but I guess the Wizard was heading back when it ran into the Northwestern.

Jr is pushing for most hated captain IMHO and that hard to do but it appears he is succeeding. If only he said to the Saga, "Thanks for partnering up for fishing. I'm off on my own to do some prospecting, maybe we can team up some time in the future." Or something like that I'd feel different.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
Never rooted for any captain as much as I'm rooting for Edgar.
It's interesting to see him in the wheelhouse, he almost sounds like Sig at times.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
windracer
joined the 10k club

I was surprised Sig didn't go with them for blue crab ... like how the Hilstrands operate the Time Bandit. I guess it's a bigger vote of confidence in Edgar, letting him do everything himself without supervision, but with all of the concerns Sig was voicing you'd have thought he'd want to be there for the first trip out.

Edgar said the SH on the front of the boat doesn't stand for Sig Hansen ... what does it stand for?

One thing bugged me about this episode (minor): the closed captions kept referring to crab pods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
Worf

Edgar has been up there before. And Sig was grooming Jake for the role as well. You almost think the Coast Guard incident from a few episodes ago would was purposely set up. So Sig knows that Jake is ready to help out.

Plus, Sig and Edgar in the same wheelhouse... it won't be like the Hillstrands, that's for sure. Just wonder what Sig's doing in the meantime (another movie?).
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
su719

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
I was surprised Sig didn't go with them for blue crab ... like how the Hilstrands operate the Time Bandit. I guess it's a bigger vote of confidence in Edgar, letting him do everything himself without supervision, but with all of the concerns Sig was voicing you'd have thought he'd want to be there for the first trip out.

Edgar said the SH on the front of the boat doesn't stand for Sig Hansen ... what does it stand for?

One thing bugged me about this episode (minor): the closed captions kept referring to crab pods.
I think the Hillstrand model is no where near as good. With the other one sitting in the wheel house there is much arguing and second guessing with who is actually in charge. The one not in charge should be off doing something else, since they are taking up bunks on the boat, food and water without really contributing much to catch the crab.
su719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

The ONLY thing Sig could do is stay away! If he went with, then two things would happen.

1) Edgar would not be able to captain the boat because Sig would have to interfere, and
2) They'd fight like cat and dog!

I'm glad Edgar landed on the blues. I agree with others that I'm really pulling for him.

Sig doesn't have to be doing anything but spending time with his family. I think the blue crab run is only a couple of weeks, so he'll be reunited pretty quickly.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
rimler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
You almost think the Coast Guard incident from a few episodes ago would was purposely set up.
LOL. Ya think?
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by su719 View Post
I think the Hillstrand model is no where near as good. With the other one sitting in the wheel house there is much arguing and second guessing with who is actually in charge. The one not in charge should be off doing something else, since they are taking up bunks on the boat, food and water without really contributing much to catch the crab.
Only that doesn't happen in the Hillstrand model
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
Edgar has been up there before. And Sig was grooming Jake for the role as well. You almost think the Coast Guard incident from a few episodes ago would was purposely set up. So Sig knows that Jake is ready to help out...
Does Edgar even have his Captian's license? I've never heard them mention anything about it.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Does Edgar even have his Captian's license? I've never heard them mention anything about it.
Yes. It would be illegal for him to take a boat out unsupervised without it.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
su719

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
He does some of the summer work for the Northwestern so I would assume yes.
su719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
smark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
...whats that sound? Retch.. lol.

It appears the luck of the Northwestern is assisting Edgar.

I was thinking Keith would say fish where I am, I'm leaving but I guess the Wizard was heading back when it ran into the Northwestern.

Jr is pushing for most hated captain IMHO and that hard to do but it appears he is succeeding. If only he said to the Saga, "Thanks for partnering up for fishing. I'm off on my own to do some prospecting, maybe we can team up some time in the future." Or something like that I'd feel different.
It's a slow heel turn until finally he turns on someone with a steel chair to the head.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #14
Worf

Hrm... I just realized what a wonderful prank it would be - if Sig ended up on the Time Bandit just as the season closed. You know how the NW and TB are always pranking each other. I would think Sig would know something the TB could do to make it epic for Edgar's first season as captain.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote