TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
tiams

Revenge "Absolution" S1E19 OAD 5/2/12

Victoria ratted Conrad out to the feds as the real terrorist! She is going to clear David's name. Will Emily give her absolution for that?

So now Daniel knows his father is the real terrorist and that he framed David Clarke, and he is going to keep that info from his fiance and go along protecting the Grayson name.

Was it Emily who sent the anonymous tip about drugs in Charlotte's locker? I can't see Declan doing it.

What is Daniel going to do now that he knows his own mother arranged his beating?

The ex-party planner (her name escapes me) is just as conniving and willing to hurt anyone to advance herself as the Grayson's are.

Who is the white haired guy going to be?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
nyny523
Oy

I don't think Emily will give absolution to any of the Graysons since she now knows they had her father killed.

Daniel obviously is protecting both his father and his legacy. He has taken sides now that he knows his mother was responsible for his beating.

Declan did give the drug tip - he says so to Charlotte's face.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I don't think Emily will give absolution to any of the Graysons since she now knows they had her father killed.

Daniel obviously is protecting both his father and his legacy. He has taken sides now that he knows his mother was responsible for his beating.

Declan did give the drug tip - he says so to Charlotte's face.
If Victoria publicly proclaims her father's innocence and and continues to give evidence against Conrad, Emily may go easier on her. They may even join forces. After all, Victoria loved David too and he is the father of her daughter. And she is no longer a Grayson now that she has gotten her divorce settlement.

I didn't see Declan confess, I only heard him tell Charlotte she needed help.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
nyny523
Oy

Declan saw Charlotte taking drugs, and the next thing we see is the locker search, her accusing him, and him saying she needed help. Sounds like an admission he narc'ed on her to me.

And I don't care what Victoria does at this point - if Emily gets proof that Victoria had anything to do with her fathers death, all bets are off. NO WAY is she forgiving her for anything.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
hummingbird_206

Where's the dog?

I'm still enjoying the show. What are there, 2 eps left this season? This season has flown by!

I'd love for them to just send Charlotte off to rehab or boarding school. I hate teen angst. And send Declan with her.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
tiams

Quote:
Declan saw Charlotte taking drugs, and the next thing we see is the locker search, her accusing him, and him saying she needed help. Sounds like an admission he narc'ed on her to me.

And I don't care what Victoria does at this point - if Emily gets proof that Victoria had anything to do with her fathers death, all bets are off. NO WAY is she forgiving her for anything.
I think Victoria finding the rose on David's grave will lead her to put two and two together and realize Emily is Amanda and they will join forces against Conrad.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I think Victoria finding the rose on David's grave will lead her to put two and two together and realize Emily is Amanda and they will join forces against Conrad.
Never gonna happen.

First of all, they aren't going to allow Emily to be exposed, or the show is basically over.

And Emily would never join forces with Victoria. They hate each other, and Emily hates her even more now that she knows Victoria was responsible for her fathers death.

This is a soap opera - enemies don't just become friends!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
tiams

Quote:
Never gonna happen.

First of all, they aren't going to allow Emily to be exposed, or the show is basically over.

And Emily would never join forces with Victoria. They hate each other, and Emily hates her even more now that she knows Victoria was responsible for her fathers death.

This is a soap opera - enemies don't just become friends!
Conrad had David killed in prison, not Victoria. Victoria and Emily now share an agenda.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
jeepair

Quote:
Who is the white haired guy going to be?
It looked like James Morrison. I remember him from Space, Above and Beyond and more recently 24.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
It looked like James Morrison. I remember him from Space, Above and Beyond and more recently 24.
Yes.

I recognized him instantly in the photograph, so I knew the guard had to be important.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
john4200

Quote:
Conrad had David killed in prison, not Victoria. Victoria and Emily now share an agenda.
It does not matter. Victoria betrayed Emily's father, giving false testimony that put him in jail. Whether or not Victoria knew about Conrad hiring the hit man, Victoria played a large part in her father's death. There is no way that Emily forgives her. Emily has already gotten revenge on several people who had far less involvement than Victoria. The closest thing I can see happening to what you are suggesting is that Emily temporarily makes nice with Victoria to further her revenge plot, but then when the time is right, Emily goes after Victoria.

But the writing was a bit weak in this episode. It does not make sense that Emily would so quickly divert her attention to the hit man who killed her father when it seems that he was just a tool of the Graysons. Sure, Emily would want to get him eventually, but her rapid switch of focus to that man did not ring true. I suspect the writers are trying to come up with something for a second season story line, regardless of plausibility.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Victoria was the person who bribed and strong-armed the shrink to get Amanda committed for her entire childhood (until she turned 18). Do you really think that there is a chance that she will forget this?

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Victoria was the person who bribed and strong-armed the shrink to get Amanda committed for her entire childhood (until she turned 18). Do you really think that there is a chance that she will forget this?
Emily will not forgive Victoria, but they will share the same agenda now - bringing down Conrad. Emily will use the proof that Victoria has to utterly destroy Conrad. Victoria will be glad to help with that part once she figures out (from the rose) who Emily really is. Victoria has already informed the feds that Conrad was the real terrorist. They will part ways when Emily tries to punish Daniel. They will remain enemies.

Emily's revenge will be available to her in the end but it will cost her dearly in some way. She will probably have to make a choice. Sacrifice something/someone she cares about (Jack?) or achieve her revenge. Takeda will return to be the devil on one shoulder.

Just speculating.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
alpacaboy

Sometimes, I think Emily could take on Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer and maybe even Batman.
alpacaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
philw1776

So Ems is gonna go ahead and marry Daniel. A true way to wreak havoc and revenge. I hope not but it would make for a 2nd season plot arc. Emily/Amanda as Daniel's wife the ultimate insider destroying all things Grayson.

Can they do a flashback on faux Amanda detailing her stripping career?
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote