TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
hellmas

Question Verizon FIOS and Tivo Premiere, work????

Hi,
I have searched but have only found posts from 2011. Only one from 2014 but that was in march and the Tivo Premiere has gotten the summer update since then.

So ... my questions are:

- Is anyone using TIVO and FIOS together (especially in the NYC area, if that even matters)?
- how is it working?
- Is the HBO issue resolved?
- do on-demand channels work? (they don't with Time Warner)

Verizon is wiring up my block right now and I am hoping all is good and i can finally give time Warner a boot in the ass. I have had them since 1987. I am due for something new and better!

.... anyone .... anyone ....
hellmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

FiOS On Demand does not work with Tivo units, never has, probably never will
There are no HBO issues, what issue are you referring to?

Verizon FiOS works great with your Tivo, I've had it in the Boston area for 4 years, I'll never go back to cable.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
Diana Collins

The only "HBO issue" is that HBO and Cinemax are the only copy protected channels on FIOS. That means two things:

1) the Cablecard has to be "paired" not just "activated" (which is all that is required for the other channels) and Verizon sometimes has as much trouble as other cable companies getting the cards paired.

2) you can not stream to an iOS, copy or otherwise download a copy protected recording, however multi room viewing is supported.

Other than that, TiVo and FiOS make an excellent combination.

Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006
Diana Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Collins View Post
The only "HBO issue" is that HBO and Cinemax are the only copy protected channels on FIOS. That means two things:

1) the Cablecard has to be "paired" not just "activated" (which is all that is required for the other channels) and Verizon sometimes has as much trouble as other cable companies getting the cards paired.

2) you can not stream to an iOS, copy or otherwise download a copy protected recording, however multi room viewing is supported.

Other than that, TiVo and FiOS make an excellent combination.
Plus for years FIOS hadn't copy protected any of their channels. So there were a lot of subscribers whose cable card either had never been "paired" or where the "pairing" attempt had failed, or they'd moved a card and broken "pairing". And none of that mattered until the copy protection got turned on. Then all those people temporarily lost access to HBO and Cinemax until they contacted FIOS cable card support and managed to get their card(s) successfully paired.

But aside from that hiccup, I've been using TiVo with FIOS for about 6 years now (first a TiVo HD, and then a Premiere) and it's worked wonderfully.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
hellmas

Exclamation

Thanks to all that answered my questions! I cant wait for FIOS!
hellmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
boyet_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Plus for years FIOS hadn't copy protected any of their channels. So there were a lot of subscribers whose cable card either had never been "paired" or where the "pairing" attempt had failed, or they'd moved a card and broken "pairing". And none of that mattered until the copy protection got turned on. Then all those people temporarily lost access to HBO and Cinemax until they contacted FIOS cable card support and managed to get their card(s) successfully paired.

But aside from that hiccup, I've been using TiVo with FIOS for about 6 years now (first a TiVo HD, and then a Premiere) and it's worked wonderfully.
nicely said.
boyet_m is offline   Reply With Quote