TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

Age of Deleted shows

How long will a show appear in the Deleted folder after deletion? Lately it seems like if I were to delete something I only have maybe a couple of hours before it disappears from the Deleted folder. I haven't really tracked this in any way, just what it seems like when I think back to some fairly recent attempts to undelete a show.
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
BiloxiGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
kherr

I had thought that they stick around till you run out of HD space. At one time I had like 80 some deleted recordings, and they didn't start disappearing till I started filling it up with recordings.
kherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I don't know for sure. I would think that they would be deleted by order of original air date (oldest recordings first), but that's probably not the case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
I don't know for sure. I would think that they would be deleted by order of original air date (oldest recordings first), but that's probably not the case.
You're correct. The oldest shows are deleted first. So if all of the shows in your RD folder were recorded in the past two weeks and you delete a show that was recorded a month ago, that will be the first show deleted from the RD folder.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
bob61

From my experience it's FIFO (first in, first out). First show deleted (not based on the air date) is the first that will be deleted. The shows remain in the deleted folder until they need to make room for other deleted or recorded shows.
bob61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
From my experience it's FIFO (first in, first out). First show deleted (not based on the air date) is the first that will be deleted. The shows remain in the deleted folder until they need to make room for other deleted or recorded shows.
Nope. It's what WhiskeyTango described.

Shows are not deleted in the order in which they appear in the deleted recordings list.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
pig_man

You're both right, it depends on which model TiVo.

On my TiVo HD (a Series 3 model) recordings with the oldest recording date in the RDF are deleted first.

On my Premiere XL (a Series 4 model) recordings that have been in the RDF the longest are deleted first, like a FIFO queue.
pig_man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
unitron

On my S2 DT if it needs space it'll leave everything in the Recently Deleted folder alone even though there's stuff in there several months old, and delete something out of the Now Playing list that's only a couple of days old.

Without warning.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote