TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #9361
morac
Cat God

Just a note about "magic". I've had cases in the past where the support person entered the numbers, but backed out without saving. That might be what happened.

morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #9362
docfruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Just a note about "magic". I've had cases in the past where the support person entered the numbers, but backed out without saving. That might be what happened.
What I don't get is why the other card I have in my TiVo HD XL became unpaired. It wasn't involved in any of the precedings. Well, anyway, they have all been re-authorized so all is well.
I'm still considing buying a Bolt, though. Some of the new features may be work the price.

docfruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:32 PM   #9363
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfruitbat View Post
What I don't get is why the other card I have in my TiVo HD XL became unpaired. It wasn't involved in any of the precedings. Well, anyway, they have all been re-authorized so all is well.
I'm still considing buying a Bolt, though. Some of the new features may be work the price.
I think that sometimes they make mistakes with pairing info. For example when I called in for something recently I was told one of my 2 cableCARDs (two devices) wasn't paired. Checking my channels, I could tell that wasn't the case since I was getting all the premium channels I was supposed to.

morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #9364
docfruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I think that sometimes they make mistakes with pairing info. For example when I called in for something recently I was told one of my 2 cableCARDs (two devices) wasn't paired. Checking my channels, I could tell that wasn't the case since I was getting all the premium channels I was supposed to.
Lol!
"they make mistakes with pairing info" seems to be the root cause of most problems concerning Cablecards. At least that's how I interpret most of the cablecard related complaints I've been reading over the years. I suppose some percentage of those are truely "bad" cards (or damaged hosts), though just what damaged them would be interesting to know. It would be instructional to know the percentage of truely bad cards vs those that were just swapped but turned out to be "good" used elsewhere.

docfruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #9365
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfruitbat View Post
What I don't get is why the other card I have in my TiVo HD XL became unpaired. It wasn't involved in any of the precedings.
REmember I had suggested they were looking at and working on the wrong CableCard when they said the Host ID should start with 035 which was from your HD XL!

Scott

Roamio Pro - 3TB - All-in
S3 HD - 2TB - Lifetime (son's)
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #9366
unclehonkey

Got my cable card set up on my Series 3 (HD) and it wasn't too bad.
Moved into a place that has Comcast as part of the rent but you need to set up an account. Called and they wanted to send me a SD box (hell no) so I went to the local (10 miles away) office got the card. They even gave me a sheet with the right number for cable card authorizations. Got home and redid setup on the HD (since I went from Antenna to cable). Called in and they couldn't get the authorization to work. Tried twice. UGH!

Went back to office (wasn't waiting for a tech) and swapped out card. Old one was Scientific Atlanta (yet Tivo says Cisco on screen). New one was Cisco and did firmware update. Called in and within 5 minutes I had TV

Gonna be weird to go from 4 tuners (OTA Roamio) to 2 tuners (HD). But I should be fine.

I had heard horror stories about getting cable cards going but this one really wasnt that bad other than the 1st card being a dud. My only issue was the 2 people I spoke to with the 1st card Spanish was their 1st language (I could hear Spanish being spoken in background) so there was a slight communication gap (not as bad as the India ones)

3rd person was awesome.
So far so good

unclehonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #9367
unclehonkey

Got my cable card set up on my Series 3 (HD) and it wasn't too bad.
Moved into a place that has Comcast as part of the rent but you need to set up an account. Called and they wanted to send me a SD box (hell no) so I went to the local (10 miles away) office got the card. They even gave me a sheet with the right number for cable card authorizations. Got home and redid setup on the HD (since I went from Antenna to cable). Called in and they couldn't get the authorization to work. Tried twice. UGH!

Went back to office (wasn't waiting for a tech) and swapped out card. Old one was Scientific Atlanta (yet Tivo says Cisco on screen). New one was Cisco and did firmware update. Called in and within 5 minutes I had TV

Gonna be weird to go from 4 tuners (OTA Roamio) to 2 tuners (HD). But I should be fine.

I had heard horror stories about getting cable cards going but this one really wasnt that bad other than the 1st card being a dud. My only issue was the 2 people I spoke to with the 1st card Spanish was their 1st language (I could hear Spanish being spoken in background) so there was a slight communication gap (not as bad as the India ones)

3rd person was awesome.
So far so good

unclehonkey is offline   Reply With Quote