TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
CynPiz

Feedback on TiVO performance using Apple AirPort

Hello - Looking for folks with experience using Apple AirPort Extreme and Express. I am looking at using one of each to improve the wireless reach in my home...I am hearing that adding one or two expresses to the network is useful.

How does your TiVO perform streaming HD? I am using a Premiere Elite
CynPiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
SWFan

In our previous house I had a Tivo with the Tivo wireless adapter connecting to an Airport Extreme. Streaming video worked just fine. Not quite as fast as hard-wired. The only real issue I had was that periodically the Tivo would give a network error, that many times could only be resolved by a restart. After researching it, I found it was a fairly common problem using the Tivo wireless device. Not sure if you would have that problem if you were stringing the Tivo off an Airport Express. In our current house the Internet comes into the room with the TV, so I'm now hard-wired.

Captain Kirk: "Once again we've saved civilization as we know it."
Dr. McCoy: "And the good news is they're not going to prosecute."
SWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
CynPiz

I would like to let everyone know that my new AirPort network is working EXTREME-ly well!!

It was super easy to install. My TiVO Premiere Elite is using the Tivo N adapter on the 5GHz band. I have an AirPort Extreme as a Base station and one AirPort Express that is extending the range BEAUTIFULLY into my Den where I have a fabulous signal.

I tested HULU and it worked really well. Streaming HD seams so much better.

I have a very thick brick wall in the TV room and the setup is working well. I am so impressed with the ease of APPLE setup.

I had so much trouble with NETGEAR - It was really worth paying a little more.
CynPiz is offline   Reply With Quote