TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
smoberly

Sorry for the confusion....MOCA worked this time around before TW showed up...and even worked after TW left. It was not until I attempted guided set up (with MOCA) that connectivity failed. At that time I connected the Ethernet cable, and completed guided set up. I then went back to MOCA network, no connectivity, switched back to Ethernet...all is good. Yes, we'll have to wait for POE filter, but I am doubtful this will resolve. Yes, splitters are 1GHz +
smoberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #32
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoberly View Post
Sorry for the confusion....MOCA worked this time around before TW showed up...and even worked after TW left. It was not until I attempted guided set up (with MOCA) that connectivity failed. At that time I connected the Ethernet cable, and completed guided set up. I then went back to MOCA network, no connectivity, switched back to Ethernet...all is good. Yes, we'll have to wait for POE filter, but I am doubtful this will resolve. Yes, splitters are 1GHz +
Your diagram (second version) doesn't show how the two MoCA adapters are connected. Presumably the two "Wall TV" outlets have in-wall coax running back to another splitter, which allows the MoCA signals to get from one adapter to the other. And we're assuming you have removed any wireless adapters from the TiVos, since they are now both wired, one directly to the gateway via Ethernet and the other circuitously via the MoCA adapters and coaxial cables. When you get the POE filter, you'll connect it before the splitter to which the two MoCA adpaters are connected, so that it is just outside the entire MoCA network we've been discussing.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #33
smoberly

Yes, too all of that...I guess waiting for the POE filter is all I can do at this time.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #34
smoberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoberly View Post
Yes, too all of that...I guess waiting for the POE filter is all I can do at this time.
Okay...POE filter solved the problem. Thanks TiVo tech support for sending it at no cost...I stand corrected. I am now a POE supporter.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #35
BigJimOutlaw

Glad it worked out.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote