TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
nrnoble

xFinity on Tivo has less programming than xFinity Andriod\Apple app streaming

Today I just noticed that xFinity on my Andriod tablet has significantly more movies & series than xFinity on TiVo. Example xFinity on the my tablet includes all of HBO's TV series, such as Sex and the City, Band of Brothers, Sopranos. On Tivo, xFinity only includes currently airing series.

I do subscribe to HBO.

Can anyone explain why xFinity on TiVo has less programming than what I can get on my Andriod tablet, or explain to me what I might be doing wrong on my Tivo.
Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

The Xfinity app on TIvo should have the same content as a Comcast cable box. Is that not the case?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
The Xfinity app on TIvo should have the same content as a Comcast cable box. Is that not the case?
I don't have a Comcast cable box, so I do not know if its the same. I do know that using my tablet and my computer I have access to more Xfinity content that I do on my TiVo.
Tivo user since 1999.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
stoli412

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
I don't have a Comcast cable box, so I do not know if its the same. I do know that using my tablet and my computer I have access to more Xfinity content that I do on my TiVo.
The TiVo has the same offerings as Comcast's own box. It's true that the web and tablet apps have more/different content than what's available on the TV, but TiVo isn't getting any less than Comcast's own box.
stoli412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
Now you know that they're not the same thing. The Tivo on demand has the same content as the cable box on demand.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoli412 View Post
The TiVo has the same offerings as Comcast's own box. It's true that the web and tablet apps have more/different content than what's available on the TV, but TiVo isn't getting any less than Comcast's own box.
That is interesting. It then raises the question, why do they offer more streaming content to computers and mobile devices, than what they offer for TV viewing? Since I do not travel a lot, I do not use my Tablet or computer for watching TV. I watch movies and series my HDTV through one of my HD Tivo.
Tivo user since 1999.

Last edited by nrnoble : 01-27-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
mattack

Presumably because there are a limited number of channels they can put on the cable at one time, but if you're using the Internet (which you are, with a tablet or computer), the bandwidth is less limited. (I'm thinking with fewer available different shows/movies, it's less likely that as many people will be watching things via On Demand than if there were more available.)

Also, the licensing agreements may very well be different, analogous to the Draconian limitations on using regular Hulu on your TV.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
ah30k

Somewhat related, why does the TiVo youtube app have less content available than the web site?
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k View Post
Somewhat related, why does the TiVo youtube app have less content available than the web site?
Licensing issues. All Youtube publishers can choose whether to allow their content on mobile and/or embedded devices.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote