TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #31
Joe Siegler

Okay, Im in with that. I'll see if this makes any difference, thanks for the advice.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #32
lrhorer

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but there is a slim chance it might work.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #33
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up, but there is a slim chance it might work.
Maybe so. I honestly never knew about this, so this is new to me. Hence this question that probably is old hat for you guys..

What's the difference between "Download MPEG-PS" and "Download MPEG-TS"?

Also, yes, I did incorrectly use HTTP instead of HTTPS before. That was my mistake. Thought I did.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #34
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Maybe so. I honestly never knew about this, so this is new to me. Hence this question that probably is old hat for you guys..

What's the difference between "Download MPEG-PS" and "Download MPEG-TS"?

Also, yes, I did incorrectly use HTTP instead of HTTPS before. That was my mistake. Thought I did.
PS= Program stream
TS = Transport stream (Tivo Desktop refers to this as fast downloads/transfers)

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
Joe Siegler

Tkx.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #36
lrhorer

Try both. I submit it is the best chance of getting it to work. Since you report there being the option of both PS and TS transfers, it is evident you have a Premier class machine. That being the case, if the transfer doesn't work, you are pretty much hosed, unless you obtain a modified Series III class machine and can transfer the video to it. Having done so, you could try tserver or MFS_FTP. Even then, there would be no guarantee, however.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #37
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Using the latest KMTTG, you can then transfer from paused point, using an option in the file menu, I think its called "resume downloads" checkbox.
Quote:
Try both. I submit it is the best chance of getting it to work. Since you report there being the option of both PS and TS transfers, it is evident you have a Premier class machine. That being the case, if the transfer doesn't work, you are pretty much hosed, unless you obtain a modified Series III class machine and can transfer the video to it. Having done so, you could try tserver or MFS_FTP. Even then, there would be no guarantee, however.
I tried suggesting an alternative, but he wasn't interested in downloading another software (although its free) and using its advanced features (which TDP does not have).

~~~~~

Old 08-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #38
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Tkx.
Another possible issue you could be encountering, timestamp error glitch, in which the video seemingly stopped but you have the full video, but the timestamp says different. This would not be visible.

If you have VideoReDo (not free), run QuickStream Fix. KMTTG has a feature called ProjectX which does the same thing.

~~~~~

Old 08-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #39
lrhorer

Quote:
I tried suggesting an alternative, but he wasn't interested in downloading another software (although its free) and using its advanced features (which TDP does not have).
One can lead an equine to moisture, but even if the pool is superior to the mud pit the pony normally visits, it can be problematical inducing him to imbibe.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #40
lrhorer

Quote:
If you have VideoReDo (not free), run QuickStream Fix.
Actually, it is free... for 14 days.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #41
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Finally got around to trying both. Neither worked. Show still craps out at the same point. Oddly enough the TiVos don't have a problem copying the show amongst themselves fine. But if I copy to my desktop, nope. Dies at the same point.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #42
Joe Siegler

OK, I downloaded kmttg and will try transferring it that way. See if it makes any difference.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #43
moyekj

Quote:
OK, I downloaded kmttg and will try transferring it that way. See if it makes any difference.
Probably won't, but at least you can set pause point ahead of the glitch part and then use "Resume Downloads" mode to get download in 2 parts. Remember to rename the 1st file before doing the resume. Possible there could be multiple glitches though which is not unheard of.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #44
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Probably won't, but at least you can set pause point ahead of the glitch part and then use "Resume Downloads" mode to get download in 2 parts. Remember to rename the 1st file before doing the resume. Possible there could be multiple glitches though which is not unheard of.
It didn't. Sigh.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #45
jbrown13

Anybody found a solution?

Joe, I'm having the same problem you are experiencing. It has now gotten to the point where it happens one of the shows in a nights worth of recording. Not always the same show and not always at the same point. Trying to re-transfer the shows creates a stoppage at the same point as the original stoppage. I've not been able to find a solution.

I have VideoReDo, but don't see a way to run quickstream fix on a file that still resides on the TiVo HDD.
jbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #46
moyekj

Only workaround I know is to download the show in 2 or more parts and then use something like VRD to stitch them back together. (kmttg has a resume download option you can use to start a transfer from a pause point you can set a little beyond the glitch point).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #47
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yeah, there is no rhyme or reason why some transfers don't complete entirely.
Working theory is a glitch in the video at the point that the transfered video stops.
If this is the case, there are solutions available if you have multiple Tivos, or use one of the Tivo Desktop alternatives.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #48
jbrown13

If there is a "glitch" in the video it is not apparent to the naked eye. I tried kmttg and it stops transferring at the same point as TiVo desktop does. The ones that don't completely transfer play fine from the TiVo HDD and I just FF thru the ads with the remote. Seems like more trouble than it is worth to transfer in parts since it is possible that there could more than one "glitch" in that hour long show. It only happens with major network shows, never with shows or movies from cable networks. I'm thinking it's something the network or local affiliate is doing that is causing the issue. My latest "glitch" was with CBS's "Person of Interest" on Thursday, Nov 1, 2012, recorded from WMAZ TV in Macon, GA. Anybody else have a problem transferring this show from this affiliate?
jbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #49
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Yeah, there is no rhyme or reason why some transfers don't complete entirely.
Working theory is a glitch in the video at the point that the transfered video stops.
Oh, I can guarantee it, although of course not for every possible scenario. I don't have transfers fail very often, and sometimes there is some other cause, but when the secure html transfer fails repeatedly, I almost always (with only one or two exceptions) can transfer the video using TyTool - if it is on one of my S3 TiVos, of course. When I do, I have invariably been able to find some corrupted frames, perhaps only 1 or 2, right where the https transfer fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
If this is the case, there are solutions available if you have multiple Tivos, or use one of the Tivo Desktop alternatives.
It's usually easier just to record the show again at a later time. Of course, if the show in question is only broadcast once, then it's a problem. There is one show on one of my TiVos, Arabesque, which cannot be fully transferred by any means (including TyTool) or even via MRV, but which plays just fine on the original TiVo. Unfortunately, it has not been shown again on any HD channel since it was recorded. It's one of my favorite movies, too.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #50
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown13 View Post
If there is a "glitch" in the video it is not apparent to the naked eye.
That is often the case. One or two corrupt frames may be quite un-noticeable in the show.

Quote:
I tried kmttg and it stops transferring at the same point as TiVo desktop does.
That's not really surprising. They use precisely the same transfer mechanism. It is just secure html, and you can also transfer directly from any web browser.

Quote:
Seems like more trouble than it is worth to transfer in parts since it is possible that there could more than one "glitch" in that hour long show.
That, too.

Quote:
It only happens with major network shows, never with shows or movies from cable networks. I'm thinking it's something the network or local affiliate is doing that is causing the issue.
Hard to say, really.