TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
libraryowl

Tivo Transfer: Can see DVR, but no shows

I have a MacBook running 10.6.8.

I purchased Toast with Tivo Transfer so that I could transfer shows off my dying Series 2 Tivo before replacing it with a new Premiere. Worked fine.

New Premiere came, and it worked, but after using it for a week or so I discovered a physical defect. Tivo agreed to replace it. So I used Tivo Transfer to transfer the few shows I'd recorded on this Premiere to my laptop. Also worked fine.

Now, even-newer Premiere has arrived. Tivo Transfer can find the DVR, but no shows. I am not sure if this is due to some issue with the new DVR, or recent new Toast release, or both.

I have tried all of the relevant fixes on Roxio support site - nothing works. I have rebooted and forced connection numerous times; changed Tivo's name, double-checked MAK; checked and un-checked the options under DVR preferences on Tivo.com, re-run Toast setup ...

In desperation I tried downloading kmttg - and that doesn't work either! Same problem - finds the box, but no shows. Produces the following error:
<h2>Access Forbidden</h2>
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from [Tivo name]
Exit code: 0
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings

Can anyone think of anything that can be causing this? No response from Roxio/Corel.
libraryowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try using your browser,

Https:// ..... Insert your tivo's IP here ...../nowplaying/index.html

It will ask for Name and password, use "tivo" for name and your Media Access Key for password.

If you see your recordings, then everything is working.
If not, it maybe because the media access hasn't been fully activated and may take a day or so.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
libraryowl

Hi ThAbtO,

Thanks for your reply. I tried it, and this is what happened:

Access Forbidden
permission denied

What's strange (to me anyway) is that the newest Tivo has the same MAK as the first new Tivo. No MAK displayed on the Tivo screen itself for at least a week - just said "not available" - until I forced a connection. When the system came back up, it displayed the same MAK as the first new Tivo - which is consistent with the one that is online at Tivo.com. Not sure if this is helpful or not. I appreciate your help with this.
libraryowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
jrtroo
User

If the MAK changed, then you could not view the shows you already saved off.

You do not want this to change!