TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

push wont work..pull does

recently a certain show i try to upload will only upload a few minutes then stop for some reason....unsure why..but the pic is just fine for the first few min so it is working

if i pull the show, it 100% transfers all the time

what about a show would make it not be able to be pushed? i could understand why i wouldnt be able to push at all, but to have a few min load then stop is weird

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Ummm, what are you using to "push" the show? And I assume that you mean from your PC to the Tivo.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
newsposter
Poster of News

ah forgot that data

pytivo to push it to tivo

is it possible to copy and paste all 'stuff' that is in the pytivo command window? i didnt think it was but never tried it. i assume that would have some kind of error codes?

!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
ah forgot that data

pytivo to push it to tivo

is it possible to copy and paste all 'stuff' that is in the pytivo command window? i didnt think it was but never tried it. i assume that would have some kind of error codes?
There should be edit options available. Try left mouse on upper left corner of command window.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
newsposter
Poster of News

bad cookie, cannot be authenticated..existing connection forcibly closed

so if it needs authentication why does pull work? name and password are all ok and i rebooted a few times.

!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
lpwcomp

Quote:
bad cookie, cannot be authenticated..existing connection forcibly closed

so if it needs authentication why does pull work? name and password are all ok and i rebooted a few times.
Pull doesn't use anything outside of your LAN. BTW, there has been a problem with all pushes fro several days and now the TiVo service seems to be down.

Sure would be nice if some TiVo service rep would tell us what the heck is going on.

I'm glad I use pulls most of the time for local transfers.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
newsposter
Poster of News

ok i dont understand how all this works but it's good to know at least pull will work. i cannot believe i'm actually relying on the tivo service so do all this, i guess they can just shut us down whenever they want then..not a good thing.

is there any chance they can ever turn off pulls?

!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
lpwcomp

Quote:
is there any chance they can ever turn off pulls?
Theoretically, I suppose, by updating the s/w on all of the platforms. For all practical purposes - no.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

I don't think push has ever worked on my Elite with pyTivo, but as long as pull works I'm ok. Push worked fine on my old HDs.

Would suck for people that use kmttg and pyTivo though.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #10
newsposter
Poster of News

i hate pull because some of my stuff is dated old and it shows up further down the list..i prefer to have todays date when i push

!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
I don't think push has ever worked on my Elite with pyTivo, but as long as pull works I'm ok. Push worked fine on my old HDs.

Would suck for people that use kmttg and pyTivo though.
I push to my Elite quite often and have not had any issues until this last week. I don't remember ever having a failure since getting the Elite in July. Over the weekend they just Queued up but nothing ever happened, no errors.

Pushes seem to be working again now though.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

I've tried it a few times over the past month and it never worked with the Elite so I gave up, but I think push has been flaky in the past because the mind.tivo.com server has been so. It's no big deal as long as pull works for me.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
I've tried it a few times over the past month and it never worked with the Elite so I gave up, but I think push has been flaky in the past because the mind.tivo.com server has been so. It's no big deal as long as pull works for me.
I have a Elite also. I use Pytivo to push programs to the Tivo. It been working ok for the the last year since I had the elite. For the last 2 or 3 days I was not able to push. Last night it did push.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
i hate pull because some of my stuff is dated old and it shows up further down the list..i prefer to have todays date when i push
Is this with .TiVo files? If so, you need to decrypt them to be able to take control of the date. Otherwise, you have a full range of options, via the "time" metadata keyword: http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i.../Metadata#time

The default behavior is actually to give it the current time stamp. Assuming you're using .TiVo files, the only reason you'd see different behavior with push is that they're automatically decrypted on a push (since they can't be pushed as is).

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Is this with .TiVo files? If so, you need to decrypt them to be able to take control of the date. Otherwise, you have a full range of options, via the "time" metadata keyword: http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i.../Metadata#time

The default behavior is actually to give it the current time stamp. Assuming you're using .TiVo files, the only reason you'd see different behavior with push is that they're automatically decrypted on a push (since they can't be pushed as is).
i dont use, nor even know how to get, make or find, a tivo file

all my files on the computer are mkv or avi for the most part and need converted as they send.

i did try a converter to mp4 on my machine one time but the PQ degraded so much i must have done something wrong. so i let pytivo do it

!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

A .TiVo file is what you get when you pull a recording from the TiVo.

TiVo introduced a bug a while back, IIRC with the launch of 20.x, that prevented the transfers from being stamped with the current date, but I worked around that in pyTivo within a few days. After that, I thought they had also fixed it on their end; but I'm not really sure. Possibly you still have this bug, and an outdated version of pyTivo? Otherwise I'd have to assume that you have a metadata issue, like a default.txt with "time: File".

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
newsposter
Poster of News

ah, i think a loong time ago i tried the tivo file thing but if i recall correctly, it didnt let me send it back to tivo. which makes no sense since it came from there!

i do not believe i ever updated pytivo from when i first installed it but i had so much difficulty installing it i'm afraid to play with things.

!