TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
nrnoble

Digital HD recording problems only during prime time

I have comcast, and reasonably happy with the service provided, however I am starting to notice more and more digital breakups\freezes during prime time. And the other night I was unable to watch ESPN Monday Night football, however a few minutes after the game is was over, the channel appeared (game was not blacked out in Seattle) .

As Comcast and other cable companies switch to 100% digital channels, are they having problems meeting customer bandwidth demand during peak hours, such as evening hours or during popular sporting events?
Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Are you sure you're not just having a problem with one of your tuners? I had a S3 that was doing something similar. I'd only get breakups and pixelation on some channels and only during peak times. I finally figured out that the power supply was dying which in turn was effecting one of the tuners. I only noticed it during peak times because that was the only time both tuners were recoding and it was #2 that was having the issue.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
nrnoble

Thanks. I have two S3s, and a Premiere, next time I'll check all three and compare the results. I think all of them have had the problem, but its always been after the fact while watching recorded shows, not live, except the one time when I was watching Monday Night football.
Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

I've seen some of that on my TVs that have a direct cable connection. Don't know if it is the cable company or the broadcaster. For instance, the other night I was watching a baseball game on TBS and lost the HD channel completely after some stuttering. Turned to the SD digital version and no problem.