TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
sieglinde

last resort - Dec. 6 2012

What was the mission in Pakistan? To plant fake nukes?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Gary McCoy

Yes. The wounded SEAL team member was faking the evidence of WMD's with two "suitcase nukes" out of his own pack. The nominal mission was a false front to enable this evidence to be planted, after which those mysterious corrupt US DOD types would use the faked evidence to justify nuking Pakistan.

The plot gets more preposterous every week. The presence of a "CIA plant" on every US sub sounds like the "zampolit" Communist party member that was placed abourd every USSR sub during the Cold War.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
ADG
Allan

I've always liked Braugher and wanted to like this show, but as I said in another thread it was clear from the beginning this storyline had no legs - it could only go so far. Last night's episode makes it clear (and appropriate) why this show has been cancelled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
sieglinde

I toured a Russian sub (I guess we purchased) in Long Beach and there was an assault rifle on the wall in the political offficer's quarters. I guess they needed a political officer on the Colorado.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Barmat

I have one major prob with the premise for this show that makes it impossible to believe the rest. Trained dolphins. Strap 2-3 tactical nukes to the dolphins, make them swim next to the Colorado and "holy mushroom cloud Batman" no series.
Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I'm still enjoying the show and I'm glad they showed us the backstory of what happened with the SEALs just before the Colorado picked them up in the pilot. We knew it was something unsavory, but I don't think we realized they were planting nukes to justify a war. That's pretty much evil. All so the President could avoid being impeached. I always thought the political intrigue in Washington would make the show very interesting, but they've barely talked about that at all. I think the submarine/island stuff was just a minor story compared to what's going on in D.C., yet we only see the island/submarine stuff and a little bit of Autumn Reeser's character. If it were the other way around, I think the show would have been much better.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Gary McCoy

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I'm still enjoying the show and I'm glad they showed us the backstory of what happened with the SEALs just before the Colorado picked them up in the pilot. We knew it was something unsavory, but I don't think we realized they were planting nukes to justify a war. That's pretty much evil. All so the President could avoid being impeached. I always thought the political intrigue in Washington would make the show very interesting, but they've barely talked about that at all. I think the submarine/island stuff was just a minor story compared to what's going on in D.C., yet we only see the island/submarine stuff and a little bit of Autumn Reeser's character. If it were the other way around, I think the show would have been much better.
"That's pretty much evil."? You mean like cruise-missiling an Iraqi aspirin factory during your second presidential election, claiming that they were producing chemical WMD's?

I agree, that's totally bogus and could never happen in real life.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
stellie93

Did you see the word Nukes in there?
stellie93 is online now   Reply With Quote