TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
compnurd

Stream+75 Hour Premiere

Great Deal at Best Buy Stream plus 75 hour Premiere for 200. If you activate by tomorrow you get 3 months free Picking it up tomorrow
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
igirl2012

Thank you for mentioning this deal. I went to the Best Buy website and it says that if you purchase a Tivo before 1/5/2013, you can enter a specific code during activation to get 3 months of service free. Our local BB doesn't have any in stock and delivery won't be until after the 8th. Would I still be able to get the 3 months free, since the purchase would be before 1/5/2013?
igirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
compnurd

Has to be activated by today actually according to Tivo's Website.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
igirl2012

Thanks for your quick reply. I just did an online chat with Best Buy and they said as long as I made the purchase by 1/5/2013, I would be fine. I took a screen shot of the chat, just in case I need to argue with them later.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl2012 View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. I just did an online chat with Best Buy and they said as long as I made the purchase by 1/5/2013, I would be fine. I took a screen shot of the chat, just in case I need to argue with them later.
It is not Best Buy... you have to activate the Tivo with Tivo. It clearly states and also states in the best buy ad the unit must be activated by 12/31 to get the 3 months. You have until 1/5 to get the Best Buy Combo deal
Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
igirl2012

It certainly seems like false advertising to me then. I don't have a print Best Buy ad and am only going off of what I pulled up on their website. When I click on the link on Best Buy to "learn more about the 3-month offer" it pulls up a screen that says: Get 3 months of TiVo service FREE with the purchase of any TiVo DVR from 11/15/12– 1/5/13. TiVo Premiere DVR Enter promo code GET3FREE when activating your TiVo service plan. Visit tivo.com/activate. The best of TV and web entertainment, together at last.

There is nothing on the Best Buy offer description that says anything about the 3-month free offer expiring today. In fact, it is written that the deal is good through 1/5/2013. I understand they may have a contradiction to this offer somewhere else, but I'm not seeing it. When I chatted with Best Buy they reassured me that if I purchased by 1/5/2013 that I would get the 3-month free offer. I understand the CS rep may have been wrong about getting it free after 1/5/2013 (glad I got a screenshot), but their website clearly states that the 3-month offer is good through 1/5/2013.

Here was the chat transcript:

Hello! Thank you for choosing Best Buy, My name is Dominique, How may I assist you?

Good morning. I want to purchase the Tivo Premiere/Stream package online and it indicates that I can get 3 months of free Tivo service, if I purchase before 1/5/2013.
However, the product would not be delivered until after 1/5/2013. Would I still be able to get the 3 months free, since the purchase was made before 1/5/2013?

I will be happy to let you know if you would still get the 3 months of free tivo, One moment please.

Yes, if it says it won't be able to be delivered until 1-5-12, you can stil get the 3 months free service as long as you make a purchase for it before 1-5-12,
As long as you buy it before then you will be fine.

Thank you, so much!

You are welcome.

Thank you for selecting to chat with a Bestbuy.com agent today.
Please feel free to contact us again, or call 1-888-bestbuy for any of your future needs.