TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #61
Jebberwocky!

the way I remember and it's been confirmed many times my memory is crap the passport isn't required to check in unless you will need it before the next leg.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #62
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
After you've been in the hot summer Bora Bora sun awhile any offer that gets you out of the rays will sound delicious.
I don't understand why nobody took a quick dip in the ocean to cool off. It's not like they were going to lose a lot of time.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #63
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
I don't understand why nobody took a quick dip in the ocean to cool off. It's not like they were going to lose a lot of time.
Exactly. Wet your shirt, keep cool. They missed the impromptu wet t-shirt contest opportunity.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #64
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Well they did pour water on their heads but sitting in and moving super hot sand without shade is going to wear you down.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #65
eddyj

And soaking in salt water and then being in the sun just leaves you covered in a salty, crusty mess that makes you horribly itchy, at best. Whether this is worse than just the heat, I don't know.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #66
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I couldn't believe anyone took the 4 hour penalty... if the other two teams take it and you stay, then you don't have to rebuild great sandcastles since you're the only one working on them. And you're the only person looking for 1 of 3+ clues. That's GOT to take less than 4 hours.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #67
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I couldn't believe anyone took the 4 hour penalty... if the other two teams take it and you stay, then you don't have to rebuild great sandcastles since you're the only one working on them. And you're the only person looking for 1 of 3+ clues. That's GOT to take less than 4 hours.
They wouldn't have taken the penalty unless all three agreed just for that reason. Guy team: We can beat the two other teams rowing. Newlywed team: We can beat the girl team rowing. Girl Team: This is hell, lets take a shot, I'm about to die.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #68
Amnesia
The Question

Well, they all agreed together. Presumably they didn't want the situation you described...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #69
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
And soaking in salt water and then being in the sun just leaves you covered in a salty, crusty mess that makes you horribly itchy, at best. Whether this is worse than just the heat, I don't know.
So take frequent dips in the ocean. They showed them going to get water frequently. When you go, dump a bucket full of water on you and continue.

I agree it's not perfect, but I think it would be better than what they did.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #70
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
the other two teams take it and you stay, then you don't have to rebuild great sandcastles since you're the only one working on them.
The rules said they had to rebuild them. Being the only team left wouldn't matter.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #71
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
We've seen it happen before, you're not allowed to 'check in' unless you have some required items, one of which is your passport. If the producers cheated, it happened when they allowed the rockers to check in and continue with the next leg.
Yes, the producers changed the rules and cheated by letting the rockers check-in without a passport. But it was the goaters who gained the advantage by it. Either they should not have been allowed to check-in at all or if they were going to be allowed to check-in without passports then they should have been allowed to check in the first time they hit the mat. There was no reason to let a team that had a 4 hour penalty check-in before them. Never before had a team been allowed to check-in before they waited out their penalty. The only reason was to save the goaters from the speedbump. The rockers could have spent the time the goaters were waiting out the penalty to look for their passports and had they found them in time they would have not been the last to check-in.

Plus, once they let the goaters check-in, why force the rockers to check-in at that point when they could have kept looking for their passports.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #72
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The only reason was to save the goaters from the speedbump.
You were doing well until you got to this.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #73
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Bora Bora looks magnificent. Must be a PITA to get there else it'd be a more popular destination stateside.
I checked out some itineraries from Boston. The fastest trip is 3 flights and 32 hours, at $2,700 per seat.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #74
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
I checked out some itineraries from Boston. The fastest trip is 3 flights and 32 hours, at $2,700 per seat.

I guess we won't be going there any time soon, despite the affordable $200 a night rooms.