TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #91
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

I remember the whole Willowbrook thing clearly.
I read The Snake Pit (and saw the movie) as a kid as well
Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #92
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
The Snake Pit (movie)
OMG Olivia Dehaviland in The Snake Pit!
BRILLIANT... That did cross my mind at some point I think Kit may have even called Briarcliff a snake pit.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #93
2004raptor

I just got around to watching the finale last night. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. Maybe it was just kinda sad it is over.

Still don't get the alien thing. It's almost like it was a team of great writers and they got together to write this great series. And then some high up executive came in the room and introduced his "slightly off" brother and said "Here's Cletus, he'll be helping you guys with Asylum. Then Cletus says, let's put some aliens in here", without ever reading one page of the script.

Maybe it's just me but it just seemed unnecessary. They didn't ever really answer anything about it, did they? Why were they interested in Kit? Why did they take his wife and the other woman?

I suppose, in some strange way, maybe there could be a future series with some kind of tie in but I'm still lost on that aspect.

And now I get to start Season One!!!!!
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #94
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
... Still don't get the alien thing. ... Maybe it's just me but it just seemed unnecessary. They didn't ever really answer anything about it, did they? Why were they interested in Kit? Why did they take his wife and the other woman?
It might just be that the 1960s were frought with tales of alien abductions and they were simply reflecting that phenomena.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #95
bengalfreak

I've gotta say this season was an absolute mess. It was difficult to follow and the villain was constantly changing. It took me this long just to finally want to watch the season finale. I thought the violence was just for shock value. Multiple serial killers, a nut case nun, demonic possession, a crazed nazi doctor, alien abductions, nymphomaniac brutally punished for being so, closeted lesbians brutally punished for being so. All of it together was just so ridiculous. If next season isn't markedly better, I'm done.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #96
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
I've gotta say this season was an absolute mess. It was difficult to follow and the villain was constantly changing. It took me this long just to finally want to watch the season finale. I thought the violence was just for shock value. Multiple serial killers, a nut case nun, demonic possession, a crazed nazi doctor, alien abductions, nymphomaniac brutally punished for being so, closeted lesbians brutally punished for being so. All of it together was just so ridiculous. If next season isn't markedly better, I'm done.
The show might not be for you because I'd expect more of the same.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #97
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

When I first watched the final scene I thought that maybe they were suggesting that none of the things happened, but now I believe that they were focusing on the line "When you stare into evil evil stares back". The writers were asking us to decide who was evil Lanna or Jude, or perhaps both.

I admit there must have been some dust in my eye when Sister Jude passed, there were a couple of tears. Loved Sister Jude's transgression this season, hope Jessica Lang wins a couple of awards for her acting.
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #98
sharkster

Agree about Jessica Lange. She is one of my all-time fav actors.

As for the show - I think I'm going to need to watch the entire season again...maybe later in the year. I think I watched too many of the eps too late at night and that is not good for me because I miss a lot, somehow or other. I made sure to watch the last ep early in the evening but I still feel like I have a lot of unanswered questions.

One, off the main, question is that I'm curious about the actor who played that weird little monster-looking woman with the shaved head and top-knot. I feel like I've seen a character like that somewhere but cannot remember where. Nonetheless, she intrigues me.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #99
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
One, off the main, question is that I'm curious about the actor who played that weird little monster-looking woman with the shaved head and top-knot. I feel like I've seen a character like that somewhere but cannot remember where. Nonetheless, she intrigues me.
From Freaks, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post

They were going for the look of the "pinhead" girl in Tod Browning's Freaks film.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/Ac...84620-6783.jpg

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #100
Supfreak26
Live Like Noone Else

Loved season 1. Hated this season. Jessica Lang was the lone bright spot. Her performance from beginning to end was amazing. Unfortunately, the story was a total mess. They introduced a lot of great ideas but failed to see any of them to a satisfying end. Very disappointed.

I stuck with it just to see how it would end and I'm only happy that its over. Will I be back for a season 3? Just don't know at this point.

How were the ratings? Good enough to return?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #101
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
The show might not be for you because I'd expect more of the same.
I would doubt it, after the season 2 opener, the ratings dropped dramatically. They dropped to a series low of 0.9, among the 18-49 crowd, at one point. Time to drop back, take stock, and figure out that season 2 stunk, retool and move ahead.

In fact, if it hadn't been renewed so early, we may not even be talking about a season 3 right now.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #102
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

I enjoyed it. I think I liked season one better, but no so much that I disliked 2.

I like how they kept changing the badguy.

Probably the most dismal show on TV. Even the Walking Dead has people smiling occasionally. Love it.

Jessica Lang is awesome.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #103
Test

This season seemed to be trying too hard to out do season one. More gore, more sex, crazier ideas. It was OK, but comparing it to last season I definitely liked the last one better.

Any theories on what the theme for season 3 will be?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #104
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Any theories on what the theme for season 3 will be?
Here's an article about it, no solid details yet though.

http://screenrant.com/american-horro...mors-spoilers/

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #105
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Here's an article about it, no solid details yet though.

http://screenrant.com/american-horro...mors-spoilers/

Greg
Thanks for the link.

Sounds like it could be interesting.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #106
Family

I'd like to add that the whole season was worth watching just to see Ian Mcshane's performance in those two episodes.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #107
TravisKU
The Cable Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I enjoyed it. I think I liked season one better, but no so much that I disliked 2.

I like how they kept changing the badguy.

Probably the most dismal show on TV. Even the Walking Dead has people smiling occasionally. Love it.

Jessica Lang is awesome.
This x 1000!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #108
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Well, I just today finished watching Asylum (tells you how much it grabbed me...) and I gotta say I was sorely disappointed in the season as a whole and especially the last two or three episodes "wrapping it up"....if you can really call it that. Seems like they just slapped something together trying to tie all the storylines from this season together. Don't know if I'll watch S3, but I suppose I'll give it a try. I liked S1 better than this season....

I WILL says Jessica Lange's acting is some of the best I've seen on television in many a year.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote