TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
anteater21

Can't install new DVR Extender on S3

I upgraded to a Premier and deactivated my S3. Now I want to reactivate my S3. I had a DVR extender on my S3 which had been giving me issues, so when I deactivated it, thinking I would not use it again, I never went through the steps to remove the DVR Extender from the S3. The Extender is long gone. Now I want to reactivate the S3 and add a new iTB Extender. I can't seem to get to the screen that allows me to install the new DVR Extender. The S3 keeps asking for the old Extender, which I do not have.

Is there a factory reset option for the S3 somewhere? I am not interested in any recording that might be on the S3.
anteater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater21 View Post
I upgraded to a Premier and deactivated my S3. Now I want to reactivate my S3. I had a DVR extender on my S3 which had been giving me issues, so when I deactivated it, thinking I would not use it again, I never went through the steps to remove the DVR Extender from the S3. The Extender is long gone. Now I want to reactivate the S3 and add a new iTB Extender. I can't seem to get to the screen that allows me to install the new DVR Extender. The S3 keeps asking for the old Extender, which I do not have.

Is there a factory reset option for the S3 somewhere? I am not interested in any recording that might be on the S3.
You need to divorce that external drive if it will let you.

Boot with no external attached and see if it will let you.

If you haven't already purchase that new external drive, consider buying a WD20EURS 2TB drive and installing it internally instead.

If necessary you can attach the S3's internal drive to a PC and write a new image to it.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote