TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
mjs888

Exclamation "Keep at Most" PLEASE!

My search of the tivo support webpages found the following statement:

"If Keep Until is set to Keep Until I Delete, all episodes recorded will be kept until the Keep at Most limit is reached. For example, if Keep at Most is set to three episodes and Keep Until is set to Keep Until I Delete, recording will stop after three episodes until you delete one or more of the episodes."

This is exactly what I want my Tivo Premiere XL to do for many programs. However, when I set the Season Pass options for a program to these settings, my Tivo continues to record and keep episodes after reaching the "Keep at Most" limit (without deleting older recordings). I am trying to utilize the limited HD space to record fewer episodes of more shows. Please help!
mjs888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Do you have your Tivo set to record Suggestions?

How do you have your Season Pass set up to record episodes (first run only, repeats & first run, or all (with duplicates))?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
mjs888

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Do you have your Tivo set to record Suggestions?

How do you have your Season Pass set up to record episodes (first run only, repeats & first run, or all (with duplicates))?
My Tivo is set to NOT record suggestions.

I have my Season Passes set up to record either "new only" or "new & repeats." None of my season passes are set to record "everything".

By the way, I do not appear to have the option to set "keep at most" to three episodes (or most other numbers); my choices are only 5, 10, 25, or all. Is this standard for the Premiere units?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs888 View Post
By the way, I do not appear to have the option to set "keep at most" to three episodes (or most other numbers); my choices are only 5, 10, 25, or all. Is this standard for the Premiere units?
I have an original 2 tuner Premiere and I can set it to keep at most 1,2,3,4,5,10, 25, or all episodes.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
lew

I think, but aren't 100% sure, if you change the number of episodes to keep after you've already recorded some episodes the previously recorded episodes don't count. Your SP was originally set to keep 10 and you recorded 8 then change the number to 5. You might have up t0 13 (your original 8 plus 5 more).
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
mjs888

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I have an original 2 tuner Premiere and I can set it to keep at most 1,2,3,4,5,10, 25, or all episodes.
My mistake! I knew I couldn't set a number between 5 and 10 or between 10 and 25, but I had never tried setting a number less than 5.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
mjs888

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
I think, but aren't 100% sure, if you change the number of episodes to keep after you've already recorded some episodes the previously recorded episodes don't count. Your SP was originally set to keep 10 and you recorded 8 then change the number to 5. You might have up t0 13 (your original 8 plus 5 more).
This could be the reason...perhaps along with changing the "keep until" setting. In many cases, I changed this setting from "space needed" to "I delete." I'll see what happens with a couple of new season passes that I originally set to the "I delete" setting (and keep 5 episodes) without changing any settings. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
That's how it would have worked with the s1 and s2 models, but that's all changed. How it works now in this case where you have 8 recordings and change the KAM to 5, The oldest 3 recordings would be immediately deleted.

edit:
Now that I've thought about it, changing the SP doesn't have the effect described above by Lew, what causes an existing recording to not be counted by the SP is changing the settings on the existing recordings. So if you have a SP set to KAM 10 episodes and change the KUD on three of the recordings, you'd eventually get 13 recordings because those three that were changed are not counted.

Based on what I've just added, I'm guessing that EWierzbo's explanation below is because he is changing recordings to KUID after being recorded by the SP.

Last edited by scandia101 : 03-23-2013 at 08:52 PM.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
EWierzbo

I believe that it will start deleting when the number of recordings that are NOT marked keep until I delete is at the keep at most number. For example, I have one show at keep at most 10 and I have 3 marked to keep until I delete. My count of shows is regularly 13 and the oldest that are not marked keep until I delete get dropped when a new show is recorded.
EWierzbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
That's how it would have worked with the s1 and s2 models, but that's all changed. How it works now in this case where you have 8 recordings and change the KAM to 5, The oldest 3 recordings would be immediately deleted.

It have a TivoHD, S3 series, and it works as I described it. I don't have a Premier unit, I'll accept your explanation as to what happens with a S4 unit.

Sounds like my post at least got people thinking in the right direction.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote